BRD In Nightmare Dynamis

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD in Nightmare Dynamis
BRD in Nightmare Dynamis
By Lariae 2013-01-29 16:36:30  
Currently i run THF/DNC on my main account, but recently have picked up a second account to dual box a BRD/WHM With. My question is this..

How reliable is BRD for proccing red !! in Dreamland dynamis using a max set of song spellcast/spellcast reduction? (Thought process is to cast Lullaby --> Spam threnody until proc, thief kills. While thief kills BRD moves to next mob and repeats the process.) I was thinking of doing this also with subjob restriction for the low chance at white proc since heals and such aren't really neccessary.
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2013-01-29 16:40:05  
I'd imagine that with the super low % proc rate on magic, you'd be better off just doing JA mobs on THF with the BRD buffing and curing the THF for max killspeed.
By Lariae 2013-01-29 16:47:10  
While I admit to not yet being able to test out the proc rates of spells, BRD can cast a threnody pretty much every four seconds (I think this is the cap for all brd spells..), wheras Box step is 12 and flourish is 20. Wouldn't the math work out to being an equal or almost equal chance due to the spammability of the threnody?

That being said, another reason for wanting to transition away from JA is to avoid competition, and if i can do this efficiently that is my primary goal.

From what i hear proc rate on magic is around 8% and JA is 15-20%.

In one minute that would be 8 Job abilities, or 15 proc songs, with the added bonus of freeing up the thief from using JA's to focus completely on killing. I'm just unsure whether or not the proccing can keep up with the thief's kill speed.
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-01-29 17:12:50  
In theory you might be right, but those numbers are generally based on the idea that if you don't proc on that 1st chance of 8%, then the 8% goes to 16% then 24% ect til eventually you'd have to proc it, and this is not true. an easier example, although more extreme, is imagine you have a 50% chance to proc something for said action that takes X time to redo, and you have another thing that procs at 1% but can be spammed at 1/50th of X's time. You have a tremendous chance of procing on the 50% but a very very low chance of procing on 1/50th cuz...its 1/50. It doesnt have to proc...ever and the less the percentage, the more you're going to see that obvious difference. I'd suggest sticking to JA. But dyna is free, doesn't hurt to go in and do it yourself and see how things work for you.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-29 17:40:10  
I tried magic mobs on blu spamming low delay spells and well it sucked JAs proc so much faster thats with 2 chars casting on 1 mob vs 1 char using JAs.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-01-29 18:55:11  
magic procs are only worth trying on beastmen/demons for bard if you pull 3 or 4 at a time which is pretty much never happening unless you are miniboss pop item farming in xarc on DC demons with a group pulling anything in sight (so you are getting smn/blm/brd/whm demons to proc).

In a duo scenario i'd brd/dnc and just help JA proc instead. /whm is a waste since you'd be better of meleeing and utilizing marches and using your tp for box step+violent flourish+heal/cure waltz. I would rethink your mob rotation in a cop dyna zone if you need /whm for certain status effects that cant be removed by healing waltz.