You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 61 62 63
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-11 12:16:43  
Got no replies on the small question thread, so trying my luck here:

Am I crazy, or did Virelai pets use to be completely passive? They attack mobs if you're on their hate list, now.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-11-11 13:17:28  
"Completely passive" as in mob did not fight at all regardless of circumstance? Not that I know, as far back as I can remember, pets under Virelai would not attack the enemy until you were at the top of the hate list by an enemy, and then it would auto-attack it. It stays on it after that, regardless of who has hate(meaning you don't have to stay at the top of the list for it to keep attacking), unless you talk to an NPC or something, or it uncharms. Just being on the hate list as you mentioned isn't enough to get it to attack initially though, you've always had to have been at the top before the pet does anything.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-11 16:41:04  
Ah, I was sure they were passive, and I just messed around with it a bit and kinda assumed it was borked >_> thanks!
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-11 17:14:45  
Honestly, I'm a little disappointed at the amount of Magic Acc on Weatherspoon. It should've been 13~15 to compare/compete with the HQ GS rings.

Also, Highwing helm looks like a good new dd piece :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-11-12 06:58:18  
Ragnarok.Zaenon said: »
Got no replies on the small question thread, so trying my luck here:

Am I crazy, or did Virelai pets use to be completely passive? They attack mobs if you're on their hate list, now.

Virelaied mob worked like trust npcs work. The mob would not attack until you attack one mob with your weapon.

Wiki quote : It does not give the same amount of control over the mob as a Beastmaster's Charm does. Charmed enemy will attack anything that attacks the caster.
By Acacia 2014-11-13 12:52:01  
For the middle precast set, it says it has 79% casting reduction. I'm assuming that's with max (5%) augment on both of the Gende. pieces? Which means it would have 25% Fast Cast and Song spellcasting time -54%. So are Fast Cast and Song spellcasting time additive? (25+54=79)

Also both of the wiki's say that Song spellcasting time caps at -50%, is this true? And if so, would that mean that the precast set has too much Song spellcasting time on it?
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-13 16:10:35  
Speaking of which, with Weatherspoon it should be possible to hit cap on song precast without Magian Staff, right?

So, adding to Acacia's question, just to make sure I got it right: the overall cap is 80%, Fast Cast and song spellcasting both cap at 50%, so the goal is to mix the two to reach 80%, correct?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-13 16:35:24  
FC does not cap at 50%. Otherwise my rdm would really suck.

I've seen notes on wiki about Song spell casting time being capped at 50% but I have never seen that referenced before and I cannot vouch for it being true or not. I'm betting it is not and there is only a global 80% cap.

It'd be fairly easy to test in any case.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-13 16:46:33  
They upped casting stuff from 50 to 80 a bunch of updates ago.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-13 16:58:36  
my song cast is at cap, and i have about 20% FC gear. so song spell casting time can't be capped at 50%

As the guy above said, it's more than likely that it just have a global cap, regardless of what kind of casting reduction it is.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-13 18:21:22  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
my song cast is at cap, and i have about 20% FC gear. so song spell casting time can't be capped at 50%

As the guy above said, it's more than likely that it just have a global cap, regardless of what kind of casting reduction it is.

Its been documented for years its 80% now.

It used to be 50%... does no one check BG Wiki, I mean ffxiclopedia is so ridiculously outdated a school child could work out its useless to use it as gospel.
[+]
By Acacia 2014-11-13 19:17:29  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

Its been documented for years its 80% now.

It used to be 50%... does no one check BG Wiki, I mean ffxiclopedia is so ridiculously outdated a school child could work out its useless to use it as gospel.
I did check both, and BG Wiki says 50% as well, that's why I asked:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Song_spellcasting_time
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-13 22:13:11  
Both Wiki's have their use. Old wiki is still good for many things and while I always check BG first, I often have to go a bit further.

Seems like a lot of the usual editors of the various wikis have quit as well. New content is hard to find on them and I generally end up going diving through AH and BG forum threads looking for things.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-16 19:42:05  
So what does everyone use for a cure set for brd now?
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-18 10:02:26  
Soooo... Song precast, *** Magian staves!

Just swapping Minstrel's for Weatherspoon in the OP set ItemSet 190786
and assuming perfect augments on both Gendewitha pieces, I end up at 84% (30 FC, 54 spellcasting time).

Swapping Swith+1 for Ogapepo+1 leaves us capped, and gives us a free 3% quick magic: ItemSet 330729

Other less optimal options would be to swap Prolix for Lebeche Ring, get 2% Quick Magic and still be 2% over cap, which allows for NQ Sha'ir and/or almost-perfect Gendewitha augments.
ETA: or Marduk+1 instead of the Manteel for inventory I guess

Sorry if I miscounted or overlooked gears or something.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-15 03:05:26  
Do you Gearswap users precast songs with Impatiens?
I recently bought it again (sold my previous one eons ago) for other jobs and I've been wondering what to do.

It's technically possible, but if you get a packetloss (they're unavoidable, you can't control them and as rare as they are, they DO happen) you would end up singing with Impatiens.
Imagining that happening during a vital rotation in dangerous moments kinda pulled me off from the idea of using Impatiens while precasting.

What's the general consenus about that?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-15 04:05:05  
I would say, don't bother with impatiens.

In dangerous rotation moments, you should be singing Under troubadour anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-15 04:17:45  
Yeah that's kinda been my stance so far, reason why I never bothered with Impatiens before on BRD =/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-15 07:32:51  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Do you Gearswap users precast songs with Impatiens?
I recently bought it again (sold my previous one eons ago) for other jobs and I've been wondering what to do.

It's technically possible, but if you get a packetloss (they're unavoidable, you can't control them and as rare as they are, they DO happen) you would end up singing with Impatiens.
Imagining that happening during a vital rotation in dangerous moments kinda pulled me off from the idea of using Impatiens while precasting.

What's the general consenus about that?
Doesn't GS send the swaps in the same packet or send them at the same time? If you had packet loss I would think you'd loose both precast and midcast. I've never had this happen before which is why I'm asking.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-15 08:32:04  
I don't know the details on packet structure, would have to ask Byrth or some other developer.
I've seen all sort of strange things happen with packets loss, so I just assumed this could happen.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-15 09:06:00  
Etude adjustments seem meh. Even if it were +50 per stat i dont think it'd ever overtake marches or minuets unless you had a second bard or something. Int/mnd etudes could be useful for nukers or for rdms trying to land debuffs but the application for etudes are limited. Unless they allowed etuded to break the so g cap or something, they probably wont see much use even with non decaying attributes.

Maybe with a few idris buffs/debuffs, her herculean or the dex etude might have uses, but whens the last time any of us used a vit etude?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-15 10:29:05  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Etude adjustments seem meh.
They're not.

Quote:
Even if it were +50 per stat i dont think it'd ever overtake marches or minuets
lol at your +50 :P
It doesn't need to overtake anything, it will have the same role Etudes have today, i.e. fillers when you don't have anything else to sing. With these fixes you'd just be using the Tier2 version, which is better, instead of what you'd use currently (the silly Tier1).
There's hoping they will also improve the potency, but even without that it will still be a positive change compared to the current situation.
People have been asking to remove the decay over time aspect of T2 Etudes for ages.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-15 10:57:51  
Even if they don't depreciate, tier 2 etudes are really only useful if you have multiple buffers :/

Though sometimes i sing chr etudes on myself with af3 to improve my macc in order to land threnody or elegy on NMs in incursion
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-15 10:59:51  
Or you can read the last line of his post :)

:edit 'or edit your own' :)
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-15 12:05:01  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Even if they don't depreciate, tier 2 etudes are really only useful if you have multiple buffers :/

Though sometimes i sing chr etudes on myself with af3 to improve my macc in order to land threnody or elegy on NMs in incursion
Why on earth would you ever need to do that in incursion. I doubt you are running 133+ and even at those levels in proper gear you won't see resists if you have a geo doing -meva. Plus with the one handed change you are better off up with the DD doing steps and rudras.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-15 14:18:42  
I remember a few times using CHR songs on myself to stick something, but when that happened it's usually because I was bored, doing easy content and pissed that a certain monster dared to resist my debuff! xD

It's clearly not something you're meant to do as a regular strategy >.>''
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-17 07:46:09  
Honestly been farming 130MB for a few weeks and we usually are only able to bring one Geo, so we usually have him do -eva/-def. The pickups that I have been joining on Asura simply use a pld tank and RNGs if there's no sch available, because its suicide to melee MB without stunner. Therefore, most of my incursions have been 1GEO, PLD, and DDs. That being said, we don't get the luxury of -meva bubbles so i end up needing to etude myself and threnody to be able to elegy MB even with a top tier m.acc build :/

Without m.eva down from Geo, 130 gramsk is still damned resistant. My RDM has almost every available piece of m.acc gear except murgleis and yet gramsk resists 95% of all of my Frazzles and probably only land distract about 60%, not having a Geo makes him a chore to debuff :/
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-20 22:11:28  
129 Incursion as BRD/WHM.

Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-20 22:19:32  
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
129 Incursion as BRD/WHM.

Been able to top over 13k rudras's on 133 Gramk with proper geo supports.
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-21 01:41:39  
Does the TP Bonus +1000 from Magian Trials work in offhand? If it does, then subbing it would boost your Rudra tremendously. You'd gain TP a bit slower from the misses but your Rudras would be doing more than double at 1000TP.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 61 62 63