Where The Hell Should I Farm "Invisible"?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Where the hell should I farm "Invisible"?
Where the hell should I farm "Invisible"?
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 00:32:05  
Told a newer ls member that I'd help him get a scroll of Invisible, since he doesn't have the money to buy it (yes, I know I could, and prolly should, just buy it for him) but anywho, we tried farming it off of Goblin Leechers in Horototo, since it said they could drop it, but yeah, no dice.

So yeah, wiki says 99% of the mobs listed as dropping it don't drop it, according to the testimonials...so any personal experiences on a good a place to go farm this guy up a scroll? Or is it just shitty no matter what and I should just break down and spend the 20k?
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-12 00:36:47  
maybe you can teach him how to farm for gil so he can buy it?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 00:38:17  
Ludoggy said:
maybe you can teach him how to farm for gil so he can buy it?

It ain't hard, go kill ***, sell it on the AH, done and done.

Just trying to save a guy a buck. He's only a 30 WHM...
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-12 00:39:09  
farm 20k worth of stuff with him?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 00:40:25  
Ludoggy said:
farm 20k worth of stuff with him?

Yeah I know...

But really, it's gotta come from somewhere...
 Fairy.Deist
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-06-12 00:41:47  
Goblin leachers in dunes, if I remember right. Close to secret beach. I normally get about 2 in 30 minutes.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-12 00:42:26  
JUST BUY IT FOR HIM!
if wiki is wrong there is no hope.
 Odin.Gensouryuu
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2009-06-12 00:44:58  
dam invisible is 20k on your server? i remember it being like 1k.
[+]
 Fairy.Deist
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-06-12 00:45:30  
Ludoggy said:
JUST BUY IT FOR HIM!
if wiki is wrong there is no hope.

But if they just buy it, what would be the point? Teaches people not to be a mooch, I mean if he is going to "Help" like he said. Then the ls member would be out there too.
If he bought it, then what would happen when the next time an LS member needs scroll, will they expect to mooch then too?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-12 00:45:46  
I used to get it off the leechers in inner horuto all the time back when I was like lvl 40 on my highest job...
 Odin.Gensouryuu
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2009-06-12 00:47:10  
i got 2 of them to drop at battalia down gobs, farming for the acp mission thing.
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-06-12 00:50:53  
That's strange, took a look at wiki for invisible and most of the mobs listed as dropping it say 0% chance or ???%.

I agree with Deist though, if you're going to farm it go there. I farm most of my spells if I can and I think that's where I went for invisible as well (long time since I got invisible though and I don't trust my own memory lol).
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 01:02:26  
Feifongwong said:
That's strange, took a look at wiki for for invisible and most of the mobs listed as dropping it say 0% chance or ???%.

Yeah, that's my problem. The highest drop rate I saw was like 1.4%, and if it was really 1.4% from one mob Invisible would be like 100k each so that can't be accurate lol

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll give the other areas a try. We killed the 8 leechers in Inner Horototo for like 5 spawns, so the drop rate must be poopy, or I'm impatient, one or the other lol
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 01:12:50  
I've always had a great run from the leechers in the dunes as previously stated by a nice person here. The drop is sporadic, but it's not incredibly low, I just think that maybe people got lazy with updating the actual droprate on there since there's soooo many areas with leechers in them.

Kudos for helping this guy out #2, it's rare to see players like you these days :) /cheer!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 01:18:14  
Israfel said:
Kudos for helping this guy out #2, it's rare to see players like you these days :) /cheer!

Aww, thanks! I like helping the noobs, so many awesome people helped me back in the day when I first started, so it's only fair that I pay it forward ^^
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 01:23:15  
Same here^^ lol. My time in FF is now spent running a social shell for all those who can't stand elitists and for those just starting out lol, it's a nice bunch :P and I gotta admit, I've got no regrets about not whoring myself in endgame lol. I'd rather make people happy than have shiny boxes -_o

Quick edit: Did you manage to find a game for your brother to try out in the end?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 01:31:11  
Israfel said:
Same here^^ lol. My time in FF is now spent running a social shell for all those who can't stand elitists and for those just starting out lol, it's a nice bunch :P and I gotta admit, I've got no regrets about not whoring myself in endgame lol. I'd rather make people happy than have shiny boxes -_o

Quick edit: Did you manage to find a game for your brother to try out in the end?

Yeah, me too ^^

I genuinely enjoy helping the new people out, explaining to them why things are the way they are, etc...

Plus, I don't really know if I have the patience for typical endgame ***. From the people I know that have been deep in it, it seems like a real time sink and "fun sucking out of" aspect of the game. I know it's got it's rewards...but I'm ok in my so-so gear for what I'm doing...for now ^^

And as far as my bro, he tried a bunch of different games, and after talking to him and his mom, he's just gonna take a break on MMO's for now, and just do the Wii and Xbox thing. He does better there, anyways ^^
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 01:37:22  
That's cool ^^, wish him luck for me and I hope he busts open a can of whoop *** on many pixellated bad guys :)
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 01:40:13  
Will do! He doesn't need to kick pixellated ***, he kicks mine often enough to get his jollies...he's a sneaky *** lol
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-06-12 01:43:19  
Goblin Leechers in Sauromugue and Ordelle's Caves have a reasonable drop rate for 'Invisible'.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 01:50:43  
Shayala said:
Goblin Leechers in Sauromugue and Ordelle's Caves have a reasonable drop rate for 'Invisible'.

Ooooh....didn't think of Ordelle. He still needs his RSE so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone? ^^
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2009-06-12 06:29:52  
Think i've gotten the scroll from yags in giddeus before. Can make it a multi purpose run. Try for scroll, get yag necklaces, and maybe a monster signa if you're lucky.