users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Adaberk vs. P body+1
Adaberk vs. P body+1
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-16 13:01:02  
If you have/have access to Phorcys head, you can make a very good ukon 6hit with valkyrie's(which'll be your best TP set generally, barring situations where you want to add stp to 5hit with regain). You need 13 STP, which is rajas tyrants brutal phorcys. You can alternatively go for Rajas/Phorcys/Brutal/Kokou's/Wtath to free up ring2 for Oneiros with 10 MP merits, but I wouldn't really recommend it. HP is worth a lot more than people give it credit for.

Ebody is a better piece if you try to give quantitative values to every stat. It's just impractical for some builds because it doesn't fit well into your xhit. If you need the accuracy. it's a given.

TLDR; I'd recommend any WAR that plans on doing legion own an ebody first. If you already have your armadaberk and want to squeeze a bit more damage out on weaker content, grab valks to go with it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-16 13:06:50  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you have/have access to Phorcys head, you can make a very good ukon 6hit with valkyrie's(which'll be your best TP set generally, barring situations where you want to add stp to 5hit with regain). You need 13 STP, which is rajas tyrants brutal phorcys. You can alternatively go for Rajas/Phorcys/Brutal/Kokou's/Wtath to free up ring2 for Oneiros with 10 MP merits, but I wouldn't really recommend it. HP is worth a lot more than people give it credit for.

I do have Phorcys gear (which is actually why I'm thinking of working on a DD job, gotta do something with this ***!) so I guess I'll wait on P Body.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-16 13:09:37  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Apparently the second one, but I don't see any point in people giving snide responses and then offering nothing constructive in return...
It's also that this has been discussed many times here, that's why I just linked the spreadsheet. See for yourself-- if you set up buffs reasonably, you'll get a far better answer than most of the second/third/fourth-hand stuff that gets posted.
By Kyler 2012-12-16 14:06:30  
Get both, I have both, use both everyday for war and drk. If you only could have one and are serious about endgame, armada with proper augments serves more utility imo. Is it always the best? No but with nothing else held constant it is a solid choice in every situation.

Especially now there are tons of decent choices for bodies depending on your weapons and your needs be they acc multihits haste xhit w/e and armada offers a good spread of all.

End of the day

Get both
 Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: hyunkyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl 2013-01-13 16:47:30  
How would Armada with STP+6/DA+3% do (wish I had those augments on mine but no luck yet) compared to Shadow Breastplate (NQ with TA+2%) for a 6-hit Ukon on everything except Legion/Provenance Watcher/Odin v2? Could really use the 35 mil+ (and whatever price for TA+3% augment) to enhances other stuff on many jobs so just checking if it's really that worth it?
 Leviathan.Egonn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-01-13 16:54:11  
Armada with those stats would be much better than an NQ valk plate. The reason you get a valk is for the 3% TA. If you have that it will beat an Armada on most mobs. If you have the luck of getting 3% TA and higher accuracy (6+) you'll rarely need to switch back to armada. I use letalis and kokou's with 3TA/8accuracy/4mdb valk plate and I've never run into an issue beating my DA3/Stp3 Armada parses.

TLDR: 3TA Valk with some minor gear changes > 3%/3STP+ Armada > Ravager's +2 > 2% Shadow on lower tier mobs and abby. Armada > Pbody in Legion/Ig