users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » STR ATT DPS
STR ATT DPS
 Hades.Rieyuu
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-09 12:46:33  
Just wondering but gonna finish lvling thf. What exactly makes you hit for more out of str att and dps or is it a combination of all of them
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-09 12:47:50  
As far as I know...
Attack generally = more dmg.
Str increases dmg caps.
And wtf? DPS? Damage Per Second?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2009-06-09 12:48:20  
Rieyuu said:
Just wondering but gonna finish lvling thf. What exactly makes you hit for more out of str att and dps or is it a combination of all of them

Charimzas up the stealz rate~ (Steal +1 = CHR x2)
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-09 12:49:46  
DPS=Damage per second.
Delay+the damage of a weapon makes the DPS.
Higher the DPS of a weapon normally the better except for weapons that have special traits and bonuses.

you'll get the bigger numbers with adding str and attack.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-09 12:52:16  
STR does more than ATK for THF unless the ATK is in large quantities. Applies to all jobs but THF in particular.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-09 12:55:52  
To a point however with the low dmg daggers they have much lower str caps then most other jobs too.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2009-06-09 13:00:16  
Ludoggy said:
DPS=Damage per second.
Delay+the damage of a weapon makes the DPS.
Higher the DPS of a weapon normally the better except for weapons that have special traits and bonuses.

you'll get the bigger numbers with adding str and attack.

that's a lot of math ._.

what about that weapon that Yellowman uses, Sorroco Kukri?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2009-06-09 13:01:09  
Dasva said:
To a point however with the low dmg daggers they have much lower str caps then most other jobs too.

{Hmmm.}

"Darts!" < "Provoke" Time ---Rizza (Fairy Server);
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-09 13:02:01  
Rieyuu said:

DPS is the potential damage over time.

Attack is calculated vs. the enemies defense (which is why you hit for 0s when crabs do defense boost, etc) In order to hit mobs for the fullest potential of the weapon, you have to have enough attack to overcome the defense of the enemy.

STR for every 2 STR = 1 Attack on 1 hand weapons. It is also used for pretty much every weapon skill as a modifier for the damage.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-09 13:10:40  
Dasva said:

It's true, but you won't hit it on anything worthwhile in the TP phase, which is where "melee DPS" is concerned.

Accuracy/Haste/-Delay are the three most potent increasers of overall damage though~
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-09 13:20:26  
so at lower levels would it be better just to use mostly str and dex gear, have +18 dex & 9 str atm, and not sure that it makes any bit of difference but using the lvl 30 duel weild waist doesnt seem to make much of a difference in attacking speed
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-09 13:22:55  
Yeah, Sarashi is crap. I'd gear for haste/accuracy/attack/str in tp build.

Then of course add in dex for SA, then agi for TA, and str for WS's that are modded by it.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2009-06-09 13:24:20  
Hypnotizd said:
Rieyuu said:

DPS is the potential damage over time.

Attack is calculated vs. the enemies defense (which is why you hit for 0s when crabs do defense boost, etc) In order to hit mobs for the fullest potential of the weapon, you have to have enough attack to overcome the defense of the enemy.

STR for every 2 STR = 1 Attack on 1 hand weapons. It is also used for pretty much every weapon skill as a modifier for the damage.

I feel like it's a back to school special everytime someone brings up this chart of facts ^^
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-09 13:37:41  
yeah but I can't really get any good waist peice till like 50 atleast =/, but I guess the only good thing is I only need Voyager Sallet to finish off everything I need for thf ^^.
Also I know this is a little off the main subject but I was on a friends thf awhile back and I was trying to camp Unut ~believe that's the name and for people who don't know what it is http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Unut and combined Luna Sub with Korin Obi does it mean that the additional effects would always be active on the sub or no?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-09 13:40:39  
No, the elemental obi's only grant you the bonus of the day/weather if its active. Normally there is a chance on say lightsday or during light weather that cure spells will get a 10% bonus. The Korin Obi just removes the chance and makes the bonus happen all the time.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-09 13:41:07  
Yeah, just use merc. captain's til Swift.

Yep. Like getting +20% bonus to light spells in Temenos b/c it's constant double light weather. =D
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-09 13:42:02  
Tbest said:
Yeah, just use merc. captain's til Swift.

But swap in Royal Knights for SA/TA =O
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-09 13:44:23  
Yeah, RK's nice for SATA. What about Swordbelt+1 for VB though?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-09 13:44:44  
Tbest said:

Then of course add in dex for SA, then agi for TA, and str for WS's that are modded by it.

Lol str for ws modded on thf? What truestrike and mercy stroke? Id put dex into most thf ws too since like everything dancing edge and up are modded by it.
Tbest said:
Yeah, RK's nice for SATA. What about Swordbelt+1 for VB though?

Yeah personally at that lvl I saw alot more return from swdbelt+1. Since VB has no stat mods but doubles your attack its like adding 24 instead and all the RK is gonna do is mod the dex and agi mods for SA and/or TA which if your got a bit already isnt gonna help alot.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-09 13:47:03  
For Mandalic Stab of course! I was basically just breaking down the three main stats ya find for thf gear and saying only ws's that actually use it. I didn't say that more than a couple actually 'did' use it.

I'm a big fan of the SB+1. Got lucky enough to get a STR+1 VIT+1 on mine. =D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-09 13:49:09  
Tbest said:
For Mandalic Stab of course! I was basically just breaking down the three main stats ya find for thf gear and saying only ws's that actually use it. I didn't say that more than a couple actually 'did' use it.

Lol mandalic stab is still dex modded. It's stat and tp mods are pretty much just like SB only lower... and its 1 less hit... seriously how could SE fail that hard. I mean taking a ws that people hardly use then making it significantly worse wtf.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-09 13:58:08  
well once i hit 50 I plan on using
Voyager Sallet Snipers Ring~ Deft Ring
Spike Necklace Snipers Ring~ Deft Ring
Custom F Gloves Intruder Earring
Swift Belt~Macro in SB +1 Harvest Earring
Bravo's Sub Main~Corsair Knife
Bounding Boots/Trotter Boots Sub~Hornettneedle/Archers for bolts
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-09 14:00:38  
Forget the archers knife and just macro in racc rings for bolts.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-09 14:14:07  
well ty for the help =)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-09 14:28:21  
Dasva said:
Tbest said:

Lol mandalic stab is still dex modded. It's stat and tp mods are pretty much just like SB only lower... and its 1 less hit... seriously how could SE fail that hard. I mean taking a ws that people hardly use then making it significantly worse wtf.

Mandalic Stab has a huge attack bonus, making it the WS of choice for very hard mobs. 1 hit as well so accuracy is a non-issue since you'll only use it stacked. Use it how you would Viper Bite; it's VERY good.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-09 14:30:29  
Ludoggy said:

Don't forget about the Noct +1 gear you can swap in also for more r.acc
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-09 14:45:09  
Hypnotizd said:
Ludoggy said:

Don't forget about the Noct +1 gear you can swap in also for more r.acc

yeah I just got the HQ legs really the only thing I needed