users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » CoP Airship fight =(
CoP Airship fight =(
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-06-07 14:21:40  
Ok ive been stuck on this fight for almost a week now and cant seem to get this ***done.

The stragtegy we use if 1 pld, 1nin, 1mnk, 1sam, 1rdm, 1blu.

Mammets gives us no trouble at all but when it comes down to beating omega we fall apart.

any1 have a strategy that'll work for this besides using smn's?
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-07 14:23:09  
Let me come to mamets with you... i need mamets Lol
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-06-07 14:24:38  
lol not the first mammet fight
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-07 14:25:14  
I went WAR, NIN, NIN, RDM, BRD, WHM. I was the WAR and had to turn a few times due to hate issues with NINs, but they bounced hate back and forth meaning aside from wipe shadows -> Curaga, there were no issues. When it got to spamming, I went full throttle melee to kill it ASAP while we CCB locked it. That setup is about endurance and survival rather then the now regular zerg setups for everything, so not everyone has the skill to pull off endurance anymore. If you try it like that, go for older/experienced players rather then those joined after ToAU who have no clue as to what hate control is. xD
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-07 14:26:14  
damnn :P
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-06-07 14:29:34  
lol ima try this setup and see if it works... if not ima pay 5 smns to do it for me
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-07 14:32:19  
Muy importante: The BRD casts double Mambo. >.> EVA is the biggest factor in that fight imo.
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-06-07 14:35:11  
hmmm.... i cant even try that strategy becuz we missin 1 nin... we bout try a dry run in a min with sumthin else in its spot
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-07 14:40:37  
BLU if ya can I guess...headbutt is supposedly serious in that fight. Never tried it though.
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-06-07 14:43:59  
yea we gonna try war nin brd rdm whm blu.... and if that fails we'll rep the whm for another blu
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-07 14:58:09  
I'd be wary of using too many BLUs for this fight. One is helpful, but in my experience they can't really supplement the damage as well as other DDs because of needing to sub /nin. The powerful stuff isn't there for blu yet and the rest like bludgeon is dangerous to spam due to TP movies, despite the stunning because it isn't guaranteed. D:
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-07 15:03:34  
Oh. Right. /NIN on every DD is the only way to go. Otherwise, you're *** beyond any recognition.
 Seraph.Azdeh
user: Azdeh
By Seraph.Azdeh 2009-06-07 15:16:08  
We won with pld/war war/nin war/nin whm/sch rdm/whm rng/nin w/o CCBs. The 2 times we took brd instead of rng we timed out and we had CCBs on those. Just have to go slow and steady and DD know when to back off if they get too much hate. It took us 7 times to finally win, trying different set ups while the war was 2boxin whm ._. just gotta pay attention, gl.
 Ragnarok.Saleen
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Saleen 2009-06-07 15:25:39  
the setup i always try to help friends is pld/war whm rdm/... brd rng/nin and a DD like sam/nin sam/rng (not melee) or better a drk/nin
monk doesn't work here
rdm can go /blu to head butt and stun
dark is for stun
brd and rdm is for dispel
blu is really useful in the 6th slot

Pld supertanks mammets with whm + rdm healing/buffing while DD's kill them one by one

The rest is just to keep pld alive while you stun/attack/dispel omega and ultima.

Important thing: not use gear 60+, i'll see ppl entering with a Am. mantle +1 and kirin osode ---> gimped by excess and losing the bc.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-06-07 15:46:51  
Saleen said:
...rdm/drk...

RDM/drk can't stun in this fight, 60 cap.
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2009-06-07 16:14:28  
we my strategy with whm rdm blu war brd and nin, worked perfectly... except we lost to ultima while he had 1% life ; ;
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-07 16:21:57  
I had on my CoP 6.4 win a PLD, WHM, BLM, MNK, BLU and SAM. By the end of the fight, only WHM, SAM and PLD had use their 2hr and we had top yellow HP and WHM was never out of MP the entire fight.

So you don't need a BRD. Just bring potions, ethers, yagudo drinks and food. You'll do fine without one. =)
Jimmyjazz said:
Saleen said:
...rdm/drk...

Saleen said:
Important thing: not use gear 60+, i'll see ppl entering with a Am. mantle +1 and kirin osode ---> gimped by excess and losing the bc.

Anyone else find the irony there?
 Remora.Rhinok
サーバ: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-07 16:45:46  
Deathsshadow said:
Ok ive been stuck on this fight for almost a week now and cant seem to get this ***done.

The stragtegy we use if 1 pld, 1nin, 1mnk, 1sam, 1rdm, 1blu.

Mammets gives us no trouble at all but when it comes down to beating omega we fall apart.

any1 have a strategy that'll work for this besides using smn's?

I'm 1/3 on this fight
Setup i had was Pld/war Whm/blm Rdm/Whm Blm/Whm war/nin and Cor/Rng

We wiped once on omega and not at all on ultima....as long as you can use a maxium of 3 CCB thingys you'l be able to outlost Ultima's AoE carnage. Didnt have anyone 2HR on omega either, that way we had a better chance at getting ultima down =]. As long as your mage DD's are nuking before he can get magical shield up you should be ok....in theory =P

i did bring 26 potions and only had 4 left over from the fight tho as i was tanking ><
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
サーバ: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-06-07 16:56:14  
RNGs and SAM/RNG do really well in this fight.. and if you don't have either its best to just make sure all the DD sub /NIN. BRD is a good job to take also, Elegy/Mambo/Ballad make a big difference.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 17:26:25  
6blm ftw!!!
Also 2 nin/war dual tanking seemed to work best for me. With a rdm to keep peopel alive refreshed and whm mostly for erase and some cures never had any problems at all
 Caitsith.Comedies
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Comedies
By Caitsith.Comedies 2009-06-07 20:35:51  
My static and I, went in with 4 CCB pumps. Our setup was NIN/WAR, BLM/WHM, BRD/WHM, WHM/SMN, MNK/NIN, BLU/NIN. The NIN supertanked the mammets in part 1. Then we faught Omega like any other boss, and used a total of one CCBpump. Then on Ultima we did same for Omega, We had to use 2 CCB pumps on it. It also helps if you have one person who uses the CCB pumps(have the the other ppl in party keep thiers in bazaar for 1g).
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-07 20:49:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I had

PLD

SAM

SMN

SMN

RDM

BLU

it was a very rough fight but got it done

spam SS on pld and BP

and SMN MB SAM SC at to kill omega

rest was magic lol 20s left on timer
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2009-06-07 20:53:37  
Did it today for a friend

PLD/nin Sam/nin War/nin Whm Brd Sch/whm

AoE stoneskin and Haste/Attack songs

Yagudo drinks replaced Rdm "Refresh"

4 CCB polymers 2 Omega (40% > when it wears) and 2 on Ultima (40% > when it wears)

Aoe stoneskin made TP moves very manageable

Sch AoE erase was also usefull and BRD haste songs / SP ballads

Little danger was encountered. Won with 24 mins left.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-06-07 20:56:49  
PLD/WAR, x2 BLU/NIN, WHM, RDM, BLM

x3 CCB, Elixirs for each person...

PLD super tanks mammets at start. The 2 BLU rape. During Omega and Ultima fight, the BLU's take turns "stun-locking." By alternating stun, you can prevent Omega from doing anything. I've used this method for several groups and the only thing that has ever stopped us from a win are people forgetting pump/med or the illfated DC of the tank...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-07 20:58:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

oh yeah had 6 CCB but only used like 4
 Seraph.Azdeh
user: Azdeh
By Seraph.Azdeh 2009-06-07 21:37:41  
; ; sorry to hear that, it sucks more when u get so close. Can't say how pissed i was when we timed out @ 4% :/ I think omega is easy for nin tanks but ultima is harder and other way around for pld. Keep trying, also remember that using potions gives you hate if that was ever an issue. GL!
 Ragnarok.Saleen
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Saleen 2009-06-08 06:33:32  
Jimmyjazz said:
Saleen said:
...rdm/drk...

sorry rdm/blu if you haven't a blu or dark to stun...
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-08 08:12:13  
Was an easy fight for me.

We had NIN, MNK, RDM, BLM, BLU, and BRD

Mammets NIN aggro'd all 3 while me (MNK) and the BLU picked them off one by one.

Omega, we used 1 pump and just fought him normally from what I remember.

Ultima same thing as omega only the NIN tanked (with no problem) with Elegy the whole time.

Wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be but we had good players too.
 Asura.Genine
user: Laerry
By Asura.Genine 2009-06-08 08:52:48  
I have helped many people win this one. Whm, brd, pld, dd, dd, dd. It really seems to help just slowing down Ultima and Omega. Slow and Elegy makes a big differnce. I've done this fight with stunners and without stunners but the keys is slowing them down in my opinion and ccb's.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-06-08 09:12:10  
Sounds silly, but this is how we did it:
SAM/NIN
PLD/WAR
RNG/NIN
BLM/WHM
RDM/BLM
WHM/SMN

Mammets on this are cake. PLD can tank all at a time with ease, while SAM and RNG pull them off. RNG/NIN nearly one shots them with Barrage or Sidewinder. cake-walk. We got done with Mammets in nearly 2 mins.

For Ultima and Omega... and this is where it gets weird and tricky.
PLD gets hate. WHM is focus on PLD mainly.
RDM helps cover what the WHM is missing, also enfeebles. LOTS.
SAM with Soboro spammin Stun WS.
RNG with Spartan Bullets (Stun proc about 50% of the time)
BLM Stuns as well as small tier nukes.

When RNG catches up to SAM in TP, swap out spartans for a DD bullet and Open an SC for SAM to close, BLM burst it.

I think we needed to wipe and raise once with this set-up.
It's not the End-All-Be-All of U/O set-ups...but it was a nice tricky idea that worked wonders.

MAKE SURE: during the fight... the DD's are on one side of the "deck" while Mages and ranged attack are on the same side...opposite corner of them (if that makes sense)
NO ONE should fight in the middle of the Ship.
Because if you need to wipe/raise... this is safest to raise with out aggro.
First Page 2