フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » End of FFXIV
End of FFXIV
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-11 19:20:04  
Ohji Lunartail said: »
dont kno if this has been posted in this thread but i found the vid of the final song if anyone wants to rip it for themselves. all ready posted it in Random thoughts

This song really is amazing, but just doesnt sound right alone. Sounds soo much better with the video that goes with it. The war, and Bahamut's angry roaring, meteors crashing and weapons clashing. So much to take in.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2012-11-11 19:20:48  
Really awesome cutscene!! From someone who doesn't plan on playing FFXIV (or probably any other MMORPG lol), I was genuinely impressed and happy to see it.

Too bad the event itself seemed to fail pretty hardcore?

I wanted to see what it was like and found this rather disappointing Youtube video.

Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-11 19:21:12  
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
i have played 1.x in and out, haven't been really active in it because of real life business and Tera taking a good portion out of my time. But a lot of the mechanics in the game i did truly enjoy, and i did find the story to be worth while and not a typical copy/paste from the locale Barnes&Nobles. If you don't like the game nor care about the video, then by all means don't play it. Opinions are fine, but jumping in with nothing but negativity is basically trying to antagonize the people who DO enjoy it. You go to E3 where they released the ps3 and everyone is cheering, how do you think everyone would look at you while you are standing there with a microphone saying how ps2 sucked and ps3 wont be good and you should stop looking at the ps3 footage because it means nothing. Not exactly going to go well. Sure we have all come to terms with ps3's strengths and weaknesses, but that is for us to find out and having someone come in preaching about the negativity is not going to do more than get people pissed at you.

Are you seriously comparing the situations in E3 or party when they announce something, v.s a forum discussion?

Those "If you don't support XIV you should shut up and don't play" comment confused me. If I'm going to spend my time in a game, or anime, or any title. I'd want to know/read other ppl's fair, objective opinion before I spend time and jump in. I want to know what's the game is like, grind focus or story focus? Is the story more mature/innovative or something like classic FF? What's endgame is like? Do I need to spend a lot of time in it or I can play with little time? What's the process of getting to lv cap like? Is the game solo friendly or you rely on grouping a lot? What's the overall experience? For those who liked it, what is the reason. For those who doesn't like, what's the reason too.

That is the point of forum discussion. So every player who may or may not be interested in it, get to know every facet of the game, then make decision based on different aspect of POV. Not just 1 sided POV. Saying "ZOMG THIS GAME IS AMAZING BECAUSE CS LOOKS COOL" is just 1 sided POV.

But ultimately, it's other player's choice to decide whether they buy it or not. Nobody is trying to convince anyone "Don't play it, it sucked!" Saying "It sucked because its FFXIV" without logical reason, is just the same as saying "I have fun in FFXIV and game is improving!!!" That it doesn't really provide much more info than appealing eye candy CS.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-11 19:29:01  
Creecreelo said: »
Really awesome cutscene!! From someone who doesn't plan on playing FFXIV (or probably any other MMORPG lol), I was genuinely impressed and happy to see it.

I wanted to see what it was like and found this rather disappointing Youtube video.

I wish we could drive magitek armores like in FF3, but thats to much to ask for SE. they said they make no plans for it. lol
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-11 19:33:00  
Creecreelo said: »

watch whenever they dc... you see "Confound it we lost connection to the main server" pop up in chat except for 1 time.
MSPaint Winner
By Leonkasai 2012-11-11 19:33:33  
Bahamut.Lilsanchez said: »
I wish we could drive magitek armores like in FF3, but thats to much to ask for SE. they said they make no plans for it. lol
FF6-style Magitek Armour as mounts has been in planning for a long time already. From as far back as when the Goobbue mount was introduced at least. :x
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-11 19:37:33  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
I'll take a real party grinder over a quest grinder or powerlevel scenario (hi2u key leeching) any day of the week.

The solution is party based quest. So you do quest, dungeon, BC fight w/e with a pt of same level players, and get EXP, learn your jobs, lv up, while enjoying stories. Another advantage of quest grind is that you get to learn more about the world/background through questing. And it's probably more attractive to traditional single player RPG gamers.

Party grind is ok, but not if it's killing same mob over and over again for 2hr. They should add at least some story/boss/instance raid while doing it IMO.

Lol@PL or key leeching for sure though.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-11 19:38:53  
Leon Kasai said: »
FF6-style Magitek Armour as mounts has been in planning for a long time already. From as far back as when the Goobbue mount was introduced at least. :x
Sounds like you didnt watch the live feed. It was answered there.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-11-11 19:42:33  
I couldn't help but notice that Urianger was not shown praying, unlike his fellow members of the Circle of Knowing...

I smell a traitor~
MSPaint Winner
By Leonkasai 2012-11-11 19:43:16  
Sounds like you didnt watch the live feed. It was answered there.
The live feed said they can't be used in battle; we still get to ride them.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-11 19:59:46  
I dont get the whole "learn your jobs" argument...I already knew how to play all of these jobs because their roles are not that different from FFXI and even then if you had NEVER played a FF based game you could learn how to play a job with common sense (A WHM cures,enhances, and does nothing else,BLM nukes things,PLD attempts to tank things while curing itself,DRG and MNK DD,and WAR DD tanks, duh.) The only thing that i could say would need "learning" is how your actions affect a monsters hate. If you see that little green dot by the mobs name turn yellow STOP. Otherwise, there are other outlets to learning a jobs function other than spending hundreds of hours getting experience points. That does nothing but take up time. The real part of this game was in the content after hitting 50, so why make it seem like the largest part of the game was getting to 50 when it wasn't.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-11 20:06:17  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Are you seriously comparing the situations in E3 or party when they announce something, v.s a forum discussion?
yes considering that's pretty much what just happened, game ended, show-cased this video. Everyone Cheering over it. you walk in going this game is ***.

not really much different than what i just explained.

we've had plenty of FFXIV discussions where people have put their 2 cents in like you did, doing it in a thread like this is not going to end well for you.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-11 21:29:31  
Enuyasha said: »
I dont get the whole "learn your jobs" argument...I already knew how to play all of these jobs because their roles are not that different from FFXI and even then if you had NEVER played a FF based game you could learn how to play a job with common sense (A WHM cures,enhances, and does nothing else,BLM nukes things,PLD attempts to tank things while curing itself,DRG and MNK DD,and WAR DD tanks, duh.) The only thing that i could say would need "learning" is how your actions affect a monsters hate. If you see that little green dot by the mobs name turn yellow STOP. Otherwise, there are other outlets to learning a jobs function other than spending hundreds of hours getting experience points. That does nothing but take up time. The real part of this game was in the content after hitting 50, so why make it seem like the largest part of the game was getting to 50 when it wasn't.

Anyone whose played any recent mmo expects warrior to at least a decent tank for low levels, and depending on which game they come from, endgame. They expect there to be a healer with an obvious name, etc etc.

Simply knowing that a job is there, doesn't mean you understand how to play it at all. I do remember one of my first days in XIV, I just.. expected supertanking to be a tning--not because it's "the same game", just an old habit. My little leveling buddy got two things on him, and I healed him and bam something came and hit me.

I didn't at all imply leveling was the biggest part of the game, though it can be a significant part of the game when you're not leveling ridiculously fast because of leeching of powerleveling.

A proper group-based leveling experience teaches players how to properly play at endgame. A mage soloing to cap will sleep and stun and snare and bind a mob til it's dead and then they get into a group, lay into the big bad boss, and die shortly after.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-11-11 21:30:04  
It looked cool I just Hope I can do story line from FFXIV 1.0 in FFXIV 2.0
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2012-11-11 21:51:17  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
The 7th Umbral era or whatever is over.
Regular missions, Grand Company, that's all done with.

It's the whole reason they made this movie. The world came to an end.
Really hope this doesn't sound rude, but you had the chance to experience it for the last two years. Imagine there's a lot of it on youtube though or something at least, hopefully we'll have our Endless Journey book or whatever in ARR as well to look back on it.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-11-11 21:53:45  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
The 7th Umbral era or whatever is over.
Regular missions, Grand Company, that's all done with.

It's the whole reason they made this movie. The world came to an end.
Really hope this doesn't sound rude, but you had the chance to experience it for the last two years. Imagine there's a lot of it on youtube though or something at least, hopefully we'll have our Endless Journey book or whatever in ARR as well to look back on it.
Ya but did not have a computer to run 14 and could not afford one that is issue other wise I would have
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-11-11 22:04:08  

Anyone whose played any recent mmo expects warrior to at least a decent tank for low levels, and depending on which game they come from, endgame. They expect there to be a healer with an obvious name, etc etc.

Simply knowing that a job is there, doesn't mean you understand how to play it at all. I do remember one of my first days in XIV, I just.. expected supertanking to be a tning--not because it's "the same game", just an old habit. My little leveling buddy got two things on him, and I healed him and bam something came and hit me.

I didn't at all imply leveling was the biggest part of the game, though it can be a significant part of the game when you're not leveling ridiculously fast because of leeching of powerleveling.

A proper group-based leveling experience teaches players how to properly play at endgame. A mage soloing to cap will sleep and stun and snare and bind a mob til it's dead and then they get into a group, lay into the big bad boss, and die shortly after.
But you can learn your job outside of partying. You can learn your job even during endgame if you are a quick learner. It all comes down to the person and how they adapt to varying situations. Even if you ar eon BLM you could have to nuke very little or you could go all out and never rip hate. It's all about the person and internalizing whatever your job is, all which can be done outside of a party or from watching good people do their job.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-12 00:24:59  
True Enuyasha, but I think XI as of recently is a fine example that most people don't learn, either because they're unwilling or just don't pay attention to those sorts of things.

A paladin soloing to cap, might learn that he can block unengaged, that shield mastery allows him to get spells off, but he'd never learn that cures provide him hate. While that's not immensely useful anymore, it's just an example of the difference between group and solo play.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-11-12 00:33:57  
True Enuyasha, but I think XI as of recently is a fine example that most people don't learn, either because they're unwilling or just don't pay attention to those sorts of things.

A paladin soloing to cap, might learn that he can block unengaged, that shield mastery allows him to get spells off, but he'd never learn that cures provide him hate. While that's not immensely useful anymore, it's just an example of the difference between group and solo play.

Wikipedia has more or less covered every basic/advance bit of a job. Only thing people would be lacking then is practice and end-game play style. Now, I wasn't the best at my job. But any time someone had a complaint about me, it would be from a new person, and everyone else in the shell would tell them to stfu.

Anyway, skipping to the point. My only jobs were not mage jobs. I played mage jobs due to it being needed more so than most jobs, and that mage jobs always had something to do. But I did pick up melee jobs. I read wiki and asked around and tried some things out; both from what others suggested and things I had thought of. But do you know where I go a good chunk of my experience before even playing the job? Watching my linkshell mates play it.

I'm not saying "I'm so pro at healing" or "I'm bored, what are they doing?" I just always find I would pick up certain tidbits from my fellow linkshell mates. Then I'd remember them down the line and give them a try. To this day though, the one thing I could never understand...

Why did that DRG keep using Jump over Spirit Jump outside of 2hour? >.>

... What were we talking about again? Oh, right. Its not hard to learn to play a job. You can read/watch most everything needed on a job thanks to wikis and youtube. If someone doesn't do that by the time they're able to participate in battlefields/endgame content, then I strongly believe is has more to do with the player being lazy rather than not knowing what to do.

EDIT: Also, I see you used PLD as an example. So, let's do with my PLD on FFXIV!

I solo'd that *** up to 50. >:o But actually READING my job ability descriptions and asking on anything I was unsure about, I could go into Ifrit/Moogle/etc without worrying about my performance. I knew I could play my job despite only having played PLD solo. My only worries would the always possible random lagspikes or if the healers knew what they were doing.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-12 00:40:32  
Oh sure, we all talk about enmity this and enmity that (as an example), but for most of us (me included) it came from a curious taru black mage.

There's a difference between reading something and putting it to use though. Reading does give you some idea of what you're going into, but it takes time to put it to use.

Leveling solo: You won't use all your abilities.
Leveling by powerlevel/leech: You level too fast to learn what things to or to even care.

Anyway, we were talking about an epicly beautiful cutscene. I say again that I really hope when XI shuts down, we get something that epic, with those kinds of graphics.

An idea posed earlier in this thread, though it was for XIV: It would be even be fine if the end event for XI was a fight that we just could not win. An invasion that just overwhelmed all 4200 non-bazaars across all servers.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-11-12 00:46:29  
An idea posed earlier in this thread, though it was for XIV: It would be even be fine if the end event for XI was a fight that we just could not win. An invasion that just overwhelmed all 4200 non-bazaars across all servers.

In FFXIV, we have a small gauge next to a monsters name. It changes color based on your enmity. Green = Very little enmity. Yellow = You're in the middle zone. Be wary unless you want hate. Red = You're second on the hate list. Flashing Red = You have hate. Either pop a shed enmity move(which EVERY class had access to some form of enmity sheding save for PLD and WAR) or face tank it.

(I do think FFXI needs to work something like that into the game. inbeforeLibria. That ***doesn't count.)

And the thing that would finally kill FFXI off would be if AV + PW did the Fusion Dance, while Bahamut + Shinryu did it also. Then those two monsters fused one final time. And it used Terra Flare as its main melee attack.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-12 00:54:59  
Additional Effect: URLevel3.
TP Move: Everyone is Level 3.

Oh and yeah, random note, In an age where single weaponskills can breach the enmity cap, you'd think one of the melees would have been given an emnity- move, from sub.

lolHide.

Hate, no hate on Libra, remember when you'd have someone assisting the mob to find out who it was targeting?
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-12 01:16:01  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Avitori said: »
Who cares, they are making an effort to improve their game, and there is nothing wrong with making a flashy cutscene/trailer to get people excited. It's a step in the right direction, whether 2.0 fails or not no one will know. Enjoy it for what it is.

Nobody said don't make flashy CS. But what's wrong with asking SE to put more effort into writing a good story? Having flashy CS doesn't suddenly make a story great and game great either.

Was back reading this thread because I didn't see it when you all first posted in it.. ACTUALLY you of all people should know just how much story was in that CS. You said you played at least up to the Raven BC so you knew all the background. How can you say that CS didn't tell the end to our story? WTF? You said you don't understand "fanboyism" but I just plain don't understand your blind hatred for this...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-12 01:17:54  
Haters gonna hate. Seems people tend to forget this fact, you know, being on the internet should be the first sign of where it's going to be.
 Bahamut.Aelissa
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2012-11-12 01:27:43  
Me and my BF went back a few months before the servers went down to get a last taste of the game and see what had changed (since the last time we played before was around the summer event with those skimpy bikini's).

while this game did get better, it still didn't spark my intrest to mutch, the leveling was so boring (and we duo'd alot to try and make it more intresting) after about 1 month i went from archer 1-50 (wich for me is alittle too fast, since we didn't play alot either so :/).

for the battles and storylines, well the storyline was verry intresting though the battles idk :/ i didn't do many things in the endgame area (i got my AF and did ifrit and garuda battles).
they still kinda bored me, even if we where doing the hard once. mainly cause i didn't feel like if we where going to die that i would have lost anything...

so all in all FFXIV so far to me was alittle bland,
but i hope 2.0 will be my new home, i'm planning to restart from 0 after it comes out and some irl friends are joining me so...
but i don't think FFXIV should look anything like XI to be a good game, i do think FFXIV did some new intresting things too (i really really loved the crafting system in XIV)
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-11-12 01:32:01  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
In FFXIV, we have a small gauge next to a monsters name. It changes color based on your enmity. Green = Very little enmity. Yellow = You're in the middle zone. Be wary unless you want hate. Red = You're second on the hate list. Flashing Red = You have hate. Either pop a shed enmity move(which EVERY class had access to some form of enmity sheding save for PLD and WAR) or face tank it.

Despite how bad it was at the start I always said whoever designed that deserved a gold star.
By Latifah 2012-11-12 01:34:07  
I honestly would've liked to have seen a final battle versus Bahamut knowing you couldn't win. Just like the enhanced mobs in Uldah took little damage. It would've flowed with the whole "the end is nigh and you cant do anything to stop it" vibe that was going on. Overall though, amazing ending video.

as for my experiences with XIV...it was an abortion of a game even with the new changes. I would lag out while mining,players were absolutely ridiculous half the time in endgame PUGs,Leveling a job after everyone was done leveling was awful, and the leves felt half done when you got to crafts and gathering coming from DoW/M. I'm glad 1.0 is gone and ARR is coming.

Now, can we get some sunlight on FFXI? you know, the thing that funded XIV? I might be acting pessimistic at this point but I'd like the game i dedicated 10 years of my life to live a bit longer than a game i only played for a few months.
Ya.. that DIM sunlight will do good eh? because ffxi is shining so bright with such rehashed content, not even the new expan will get subs. Game is dead, it's scary how they keep rehashing older areas instead making brand new zones.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-12 01:35:33  
Bahamut.Aelissa said: »
for the battles and storylines, well the storyline was verry intresting though the battles idk :/ i didn't do many things in the endgame area (i got my AF and did ifrit and garuda battles).
they still kinda bored me, even if we where doing the hard once. mainly cause i didn't feel like if we where going to die that i would have lost anything...

I have no idea what you honestly mean in this statement. Do you mean like leveling down? That was the worst game mechanic of 11...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: xLucifelx
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel 2012-11-12 01:47:03  
That cutscene is exactly why I can never give up on the square company, no matter how bad their games have gotten. That was the first time I've felt like I just witnessed a Final Fantasy moment in a long time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-11-12 01:56:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel said: »
That cutscene is exactly why I can never give up on the square company, no matter how bad their games have gotten. That was the first time I've felt like I just witnessed a Final Fantasy moment in a long time.

They should give Wada's job to whoever was in charge of putting that together.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11