users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Refresh gear for BRD {Can i have it}
Refresh gear for BRD {Can i have it}
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-04 06:25:52  
as im starting to let my WHM mule go BRD/WHM for farming event like salvage and dynamis im really looking for refresh gear that brad can wear since mp is very restrained in BRD/WHM

So far i just have serpentes set + moonshade earring
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-04 06:35:45  
Dalmatica + refresh hairpin.
Heka + the set hat (the better option)
 Cerberus.Capel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Capel
By Cerberus.Capel 2012-11-04 06:51:54  
There is also Stearc Subligar obtained from the Brygid quest in Abyssea Altepa.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-11-04 06:52:22  
Rubeus jacket (off Bot Rex) also has refresh that brd can wear, if you don't have Heka's.

Assuming since you have a whm mule you're aware of things like Refresh Subligar, Hairpin, etc. Pretty much all the same stuff that whm can use, but if you don't know:

Head: Refresh pin, Nefer Khat/+1
Body: Dalmatica, Rubeus Jacket, Ixion cloak/Vermillion Cloak, Heka's/Nefer Kalasiris, Arcane Robe (kinda obscure), Manasa Chasuble (Meeble Burrows)
Hands/Feet: Serpentes
Legs: Subligar/Nares
Rings: Maquette (legion only) and Balrahn's (Assault/Salvage only)
Neck: Chrysopoeia torque (only if you have some sort of regain)
Earring: WoTG augmented

Think that's pretty much it.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-04 07:02:59  
Worth noting that Manasa Chasuble has 2 MP/tick on it, so if you're looking for max Nefer/Heka's and Hairpin/Manasa are equal. Both are a bit tough to get. Out of the 1 MP/tick bodies, I'd say Dalmatica is the most useful, since it double as a good MDB piece. I guess Marduk's Jubbah is a good fast cast body too, what with Anhur Robe being an urban legend and all.
By Latifah 2012-11-04 07:10:19  
nvm forgot that brd cant use pluviale
 Quetzalcoatl.Headache
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Headache 2012-11-04 08:14:08  
Since u should idle in terra's staff, oneiros grip is another piece. Latent is active when mp < 76% which should be nearly always as brd lol
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-04 11:47:46  
Thank you for all the sugestion

i alleady had rubeus i just only "saw" it as enfeblr set. so yay one more refresh

oneiros grib i wanted for a long time but never got it. now i have another reason to go for it

steac subligiar is still annoying me as i cant get the gear for the quest.

but refrsh hairpin >.<
Sigh we spend 9hours wc burning buggard and wivre for TE. darkrings and hairpins while iwas farmign fistule.
never got a single hiarpin with refresh 1
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2012-11-04 11:56:13  
Crooner's Cithara (if u don't have Ghorn) and Aoidos' Rhingrave +2 and Ballads. You shouldn't need too much more refresh getting 9/tick from just the songs.
 Fenrir.Ghostknight
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zeraphion
By Fenrir.Ghostknight 2012-11-04 12:07:55  
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-05 02:21:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
Crooner's Cithara (if u don't have Ghorn) and Aoidos' Rhingrave +2 and Ballads. You shouldn't need too much more refresh getting 9/tick from just the songs.

Casting ballades kinda defeat the purpose of bringing brd was i just about to write.
But hten i realise that i just need to think more brd'ish on the job and less whm'ish and do sogns sepreate form my main and my mule ...
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-05 02:30:31  
Pianissimo.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-11-05 02:43:09  
Assuming you have spellcast, and don't need to write gear in your ffxi macros, it's pretty easy to fit all your songs into one-two macros. This is what I more or less have setup for a gimpy 2 song mule brd;

Macro 1:
/ja "Pianissimo" <me> <wait 1>
/ma "Advancing March" "name" <wait ##> (have to test, will be dependant on your gear)
/ma "Victory March" "name"

Macro 2:
/ma "Mage's Ballad III" <me> <wait ##>
/ma "Mage's Ballad II" <me>

You can also do this next one if you want to fit it all in one macro, but you might have to have a decent wait between your marches and your ballads depending on what type of instruments you have/which +2 pieces you have or don't have. Casting March with a 3 harp and immediately following it with ballads with a 1 harp, likely won't overwrite both marches.

/ma "Advancing March" <me> <wait ##>
/ma "Victory March" <me> <wait ##>
/ma "Mage's Ballad III" <me>
/ma "Mage's Ballad II" <me>
 Carbuncle.Veteran
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-05 06:34:15  
Either Pianissimo it, or start with Tenuto and Troubadour when you're buffing the mages with ballads.

With subsequent fastcast gear the Troub shouldn't be that worrisome and will result in the two ballads sitting on you for a fair while.

Should be idling in the refresh gear too, but sometimes both are necessary for ***like Legion.

You need to be proactive as a BRD, but there should be down time when no songs are needed, especially if you use Marcato / Troub.