Debating Coming Back Before Seekers Launches.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Debating coming back before Seekers launches.
Debating coming back before Seekers launches.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-04 01:05:07  
I personally don't see the point in committing to 99'ing something until you sample an 85 or two and do a bit of soul searching before you take the plunge do a 95/99 empyrean upgrade, or drop the gil on 5 marrows to 99 a relic.
People need something else to do while collecting 1500 heavy metal plates or their cinder or whatever, so they make another empyrean so they dont burn out on single mindedly focusing on plate/dross/cinder collecting.

And lol what content in this game is 'hard' besides maybe legion?
All other content people have no problem facerolling their way thru with 85 empyreans/95 relics.
 Lakshmi.Alarice
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Alarice
By Lakshmi.Alarice 2012-11-04 01:11:27  
Quote:
I personally don't see the point in committing to 99'ing something until you sample an 85 or two

The difference between a lot of 85's and 95's/99's is huge. This is a bad argument.

Quote:
or drop the gil on 5 marrows to 99 a relic

In that case why drop the gil taking it to 75? Just leave it at stage 1. Bad argument.

Quote:

A lot of it, once 'brava gets the axe. Bad argument.
By Vijara 2012-11-04 01:14:56  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
All other content people have no problem facerolling their way thru with 85 empyreans/95 relics.

Odin v2 and the higher tier meeble burrow bosses, both are content which was released after the level cap increase. I will agree however that neo-limbus and provenance is a joke and can be ran fine with 95 relics/90 emps without issue.

Also, I should have rephrased my previous post. The only emp weapons that are really worth upgrading are the great axe or the hand to hand. (Or if you really love SAM Masamune too.) 1500 heavy metal plates and 60 cinders/dross is no easy task for ~75% of the player base. The others are cute but not really worth the gil plunge.
[+]
By Vijara 2012-11-04 01:16:07  
Lakshmi.Alarice said: »

Quote:
or drop the gil on 5 marrows to 99 a relic

In that case why drop the gil taking it to 75? Just leave it at stage 1. Bad argument.

Quote:

A lot of it, once 'brava gets the axe. Bad argument.

These are both very valid points.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 01:17:56  
Neither of those are valid points.
 Lakshmi.Alarice
By Lakshmi.Alarice 2012-11-04 01:20:40  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Neither of those are valid points.

If you think mediocre DD are going to be acceptable after Embrava nerf, that's fine. I'm inclined to believe based on numbers that DPS calculators show that most "Alright DD," are going to be worthless after embrava gets nerfed.

Because they will be worthless.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 01:21:23  
Marches are hard.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-04 01:22:48  
Alright ill use my paladin friend as an example of what im trying to get at:

It was a far more satisfying goal for him to get an almace so he could CDC, and he got an aegis to 95, then got his ochain to 90 before he considered commiting to upgrading any of those all the way because it gave him alot more flexibility in playing while deciding/collecting the upgrade materials.

Sure he will unpgrade something further, in what order I dont know, but dont assume that people with more than one empy/relic have no intention of ever upgrading.

Also not everyone has the luxury of fulltiming one job or wants to, events like voidwatch sorta threw a wrench in peoples ability to fulltime their favorite job which i think contributed to people 85'ing multiple empyreans so they had something better than AH gear if they needed to come on a job other than their 'favorite'
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-04 01:29:17  
No matter what you do, you should base your opinion on what a bunch of jaded, bitter people have to say instead of seeing if any of your old friends are still playing.
By Vijara 2012-11-04 01:29:36  
Marches are hard.

You're losing two other songs you would have replaced in place of march and the 6TP regain. While most forms of regain are pretty meaningless it falls under the "still better" rule.

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
It was a far more satisfying goal for him to get an almace so he could CDC

This is back to my original point. People are content with just doing the bare minimums. Also I respect the flexibility aspect. Paladin is a good example for your point though because a paladin with a 99 Aegis is not as useful as one with a 95 Aegis and a 90 Ochain. However 99 of both of those shields is again, "still better."
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 01:34:53  
Bring another BRD, ***isn't hard.

And nobody said that 99s aren't better than 90s, but 99s aren't required, and people have been doing all events with 90s without a problem. The people content with bare minimum aren't doing the events we're talking about anyways. Bare minimum would be AH weapons, which, would still be able to clear the same things, just less efficient. Events aren't based on 99s, it's based on not having shitty support jobs.
By Vijara 2012-11-04 01:36:36  

Can't bring 19 people to 18 man legion.

The people content with bare minimum aren't doing the events we're talking about anyways.

Very true.
 Lakshmi.Alarice
By Lakshmi.Alarice 2012-11-04 01:36:57  

And nobody said that 99s aren't better than 90s, but 99s aren't required, and people have been doing all events with 90s without a problem. The people content with bare minimum aren't doing the events we're talking about anyways. Bare minimum would be AH weapons, which, would still be able to clear the same things, just less efficient. Events aren't based on 99s, it's based on not having shitty support jobs.

I agree with just about everything you said, except for one thing. You can have the greatest support in the world, but supporting shitty DD's that can't kill the mob is pretty pointless.

Also your first line rhymed, and it made me happy.
By Avitori 2012-11-04 01:40:15  
Vijara said: »
The only emp weapons that are really worth upgrading are the great axe or the hand to hand.

99 Daurdabla says hi
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 01:42:34  
I wouldn't bring a shitty player with me to start with. Emps gain the least going from 90-99. And except a few relics with worthwhile weapon skills, I would not care if they had a 95 instead. Again, not really talking crap players.
By Vijara 2012-11-04 01:42:58  
Avitori said: »
The only emp weapons that are really worth upgrading are the great axe or the hand to hand.

99 Daurdabla says hi

This is my point. 99 your weapons/gear. Also Darudabla is not a weapon.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 01:43:27  

Can't bring 19 people to 18 man legion.
Don't need 18 anyways.
By Avitori 2012-11-04 01:47:36  
Who cares, srsly.

lol

This game isn't hard
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-11-04 01:48:10  
i reactivated, but i don't log on. i really should do some vwnm and legion stuff, but there's a bunch of stuff. so i craft, do guild points, and log. should do something at some point.
By Avitori 2012-11-04 01:50:15  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i craft, do guild points, fish and log. should do something at some point.

thats about all I do also lol, except with fishing :<
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-11-04 01:59:29  
i fish on my main and cook on my mule. gotta get dat chefs hat and fishing waders ._.