フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Ig-Alima tips
Ig-Alima tips
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-10-01 03:02:08  
1. Get GOOD DDs.
2. Use temps (I strongly recommend making macros) and FOOD.
3. If you're on a back line job, USE TEMPS ANYWAY. Nothing more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE than seeing a whm or whatever getting too close and then being oneshot.

I agree with Nightfyre, splitting the cor and brd by putting one in each DD party is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for a fight like this. I'd even recommend running parser during the first fight and if one or more DDs in the buff-less party outdamage DDs in the party with full buffs, swap them around.

Also, one blm is bad. Get 2 at least, and have them split spells. One blu should be enough, I would personally bring a smn instead of a 2nd blu. And make sure someone subs sch.... -.-
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-01 03:11:11  
"Wonder if this thread is made by the guy I did ig with yesterday"
YEP!
I was really really missing a bard in my party, would've halped alot DD wise :P
Concidering the top 2 DDs were in that pt, even though the bard was in the other party!
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-10-01 03:13:59  
Double march makes one hell of a difference.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-01 04:03:48  
Chyula said: »
cuz I don't like one pt getting all buff while the other don't get ***, stp roll for 2 hander is enough for first pt. if proc land on 2nd pt and they are slow. then the fight going to be ***.

I havent play the game for months, I'm not sure if they take out rdm's proc magic. if that is the case then that spot is optional. blm,rdm,sch have your choice.

Miser's roll = garbage.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-01 05:05:10  
Cerberus.Aydogan said: »
Hey folks,

So I've recently been leading Ig-Alima shout groups, and they have really been hit or miss. I'm wondering: What is the best set up for this guy? I generally do something like 2x WHM, 2x BLM, SCH, BRD, 2x COR, and the rest E/R/M DD, and while we can usually muscle through a set, it generally takes an awful long time and has at least one wipe. In what way can I alter and improve my approach to set up more consistently successful runs?

Any tips/suggestions and productive discussion are appreciated.

To make a good VW pt as a pt lead, there are some pt lead's homework to do, that is to know ppl and how they perform.

1. Parse all runs, or get parse result somewhere. If you want to make good VW runs(or lead any good endgame event pt at all), getting parse data is key. 95% of player base will against parse, hate parse, keep saying parse in VW is lol because nobody would proc if you parse. But that's completely false. Parse is the only way to tell a DD is capable of dealing dmg or not. Having R/E/M does not make a DD good. I've seen enough R/E/M DDs deal pathetic unacceptable dmg.

If you're not very sure about the DD ability you have because you never pt with them before and no parse data, you'd have to go a little bit of job discrimination....usually DRK with reso parse highest, MNK SAM none Mythic DRG usually parse lower on T6+ such as prov Ig-Alima. Not saying it's fact for every player(gear/skill still makes difference), but just generally. Thus I often only invite 1 MNK and no SAM for Prov unless it's elite I already know, but I guess in the case of Ig-A SAM isn't bad itself.

2. Start to make a list of every player's behavior with parse data you have. Who doesn't pop temp? Who doesn't pop food? Who always use food and med? Who doesn't have screen KI? Who always die first cuz he always forget to pop fana? Who takes 10000 years to proc and always just epeen? With parse data, you can see who is procing who doesn't, who can deal dmg who can't, who doesn't use items who does. Who has good acc and who has shitty acc? This gives you a rough estimate of how much dmg your ally can do in 1 min whenever you make an ally.

3. With all the parse data and player behavior you have, try to make a rough estimate of how many more strong DD you need, how many spot can fill with proc jobs or weaker DD. Ally with 2 BLU is not undoable, but unless your ally can deal enough dmg, wasting 1 extra DD spot for jobs like SMN and BLU just makes it kill even slower.

4. Try to kill it(and every other VW in this game, including Provenance watcher B.rex etc) in less than 2 min, and no longer than 3 min by all means. The faster you kill, the less chance you'll get stuck on proc, have people die and so on. A less than 2 min kill only need 1~2 HQ proc, and will have much less death and lower chance to wipe. If fight last for longer than 3 min, fat chances are that you will see ppl start to die, slow proc caused it to drag and so on. Even if it doesn't happen, it's still pretty unbearable to have a fight last more than 3 min.

5. Try to squeeze out every dmg you can. Angon, Dia 2, BLU can cast def down spells, and one mage(usually BRD or WHM) in DD pt can /SCH for firestorm on WF COR, honestly firestorm shouldn't be ignored, it's straight WF+20% buff. I usually use 1 WHM instead of 2(2 isn't need for most of VW), and BRD+COR for both DD pt. You said you only have 1 BRD, but having 2 BRD for both DD pt makes huge difference.

So pt setup would look like this with a bit variation depending on who you get:

WAR DRK DD DD COR BRD

WAR DRK DD DD COR BRD

BLU WHM BLM BLM NIN RNG

Depending on the situation, you can either have WHM in DD pt, or RNG in DD pt, if your RNG is good enough, I don't put every RNG in DD pt XD In a good pt with good proc, WHM isn't needed in DD pt, have WHM in mage pt allows you to buff 1 extra DD. If WHM in DD pt, then WHM need to /SCH, if WHM isn't in DD pt, BRD can firestorm. You can also invite a SCH to do T2~4 spells, extra cure/stun etc, and embrava on some of the pops and so on.

SMN or 2x BLU just lowers pt output, I'd much rather to have extra SCH. Unless your pt can kill in less than 2 min with SMN 2x BLU, aim for 2 min kill should be your priority.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-01 05:19:27  
Quote:
Having R/E/M does not make a DD good. I've seen enough R/E/M DDs deal pathetic unacceptable dmg.

Start to make a list of every player's behavior with parse data you have.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My infamous Phoenix list, hated by many, has helped a lot in making VW parties in the past. Some people are just terrible regardless of the weapon they wield, I did a pickup Ig last week with emp/relic dds and I parsed 35% on my relicless rng when they were all under 10%(cor being second at 15%..)and that's not a matter of procs(btw dds doing nq procs or hq procs on bad weapons when not necessary are dumb), their acc was bad, their average dmg was worse.
Learn about the players you meet along the way and write down notes about them.

Some call me an elitist *** because of this but I get things done so screw them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-01 05:24:38  
Fenrir.Curty said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
You're eyeballing. If that's your angle, why don't you make a bigger point of bringing someone /DNC?

SMN procs appear a minimum of 3X more often than dnc procs. Don't ask me why, and yes it's "eyeballing", but nonetheless it happens. You really haven't voidwatched often enough recently to comment.

SMN really isn't worth it IMO. I never invite SMN for Prov or Ig-A and never get "stuck" on SMN proc. By stuck I mean NM about to die, all 3 EV/HQ proc on SMN and red still not capped.

And even if it happen one day, would much rather just kill it, and pop a new one right away. If 1 NM takes 2 min to die, it's faster to kill and pop new one, than having to wait for extra min and have someone died to get that proc just to cap red, then wait for unweak for 5 min between pop.

Pop, proc EV/HQ to recharge fana, kill before 2nd fana wear is the safest and fastest way to do every VW.
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-10-01 05:58:16  
Successful VW runs tend to come down to one thing; How awesome your DD are.
Start parsing the damage, befriend the good DD, then only send tells to those you trust. I had to do it for botulus rex and managed to do 80+ consecutive wins
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-01 06:04:04  
Parsing runs is a very good idea.
You can see if people do their proc spells\weaponskills, how much dmg they do, if they have any idea about how to gear themselves (70% accuracy on ig-alima sup), and so on.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-10-01 06:08:35  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
YEP!
Concidering the top 2 DDs were in that pt, even though the bard was in the other party!

That and people left without warning D:
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-10-01 06:09:07  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
Having R/E/M does not make a DD good. I've seen enough R/E/M DDs deal pathetic unacceptable dmg.

My infamous Phoenix list, hated by many, has helped a lot in making VW parties in the past. Some people are just terrible regardless of the weapon they wield, I did a pickup Ig last week with emp/relic dds and I parsed 35% on my relicless rng when they were all under 10%(cor being second at 15%..)and that's not a matter of procs(btw dds doing nq procs or hq procs on bad weapons when not necessary are dumb), their acc was bad, their average dmg was worse.

Some call me an elitist *** because of this but I get things done so screw them.
Pretty much the same story with me when I was on Odin. Everyone hated me for being so picky, but whatever; I never had to deal with shitty runs because I knew who to and who not to bring. On one pick-up Ig-Alima I parsed 60% and, while amusing, that pretty much stopped me from joining any VW runs other than my own. :/
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-01 06:11:06  
Cerberus.Valmur said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
YEP!

That and people left without warning D:

yeah that did'nt help :P
First kill was smooth though, just very slow, and proper buffs in dd parties would've helped alot with that
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-01 06:21:40  
Phoenix.Nerji said: »
Successful VW runs tend to come down to one thing; How awesome your DD are.
Start parsing the damage, befriend the good DD, then only send tells to those you trust. I had to do it for botulus rex and managed to do 80+ consecutive wins

There's one technical thing about it though, if pt lead going to parse, don't announce everyone's % in /p chat. Not just cuz it makes ppl feel bad and kinda impolite, but also next fight you'll start to see epeen DDs stop procing HQ/EV.

Keep your parse data and look at it very carefully after the run. Especially look at their WS frequency, melee acc, which item they used and which WS they use. Sometimes just looking at % isn't very accurate.

If there are weapon HQ EV are called and NM still at 90%, and you see every WAR only have Ukko listed, then he's doing wrong. And vice versa, if you see WAR waste TP on a lot of NQ, or waste TP to proc when NM almost dead, then he's doing wrong too.

WS frequency is also an indication of that player's skill, if a player have much lower WS frequency than every other player in many runs, he may not be good enough at popping fana or something.

Quote:

A good pt lead has to have the resolve to be called elitist *** tbh. If someone really hated to be called elitist ***, then pt lead may not be the right role for that person unless pt lead doesn't value success XD Like pt lead pick players, many players who often join VW /shout have a "pt lead warning list" to pick their leaders too. If someone keep making fail pt, words will spread, and it will be harder to get good players from /shout, and vice versa. I'm probably hated by many player due to asking 10000 elitist questions every time I make Prov or Brex pt, but there are often ppl who send /tell asking when I will make next Prov pt too.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-10-01 06:24:40  
some one has already imo mentioned the answer in here and thats dds using appropiate food.

When I do these kind of parties atm we rock chaos and fighters with the bard using march and minuet.

You notice the dds not using sole sushi and pizza a MILE off. You dont need to parse to see the gimps whiffing on tp hits let alone the ws.

When people see a ragnarok war or drk popping rcb others think they can do it and well they just can't...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-01 06:29:59  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
some one has already imo mentioned the answer in here and thats dds using appropiate food.

When I do these kind of parties atm we rock chaos and fighters with the bard using march and minuet.

You notice the dds not using sole sushi and pizza a MILE off. You dont need to parse to see the gimps whiffing on tp hits let alone the ws.

When people see a ragnarok war or drk popping rcb others think they can do it and well they just can't...

Don't use sushi. Adjust TP set or buff if acc is really that bad.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-01 06:38:55  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »

Don't use sushi. Adjust TP set or buff if acc is really that bad.

For some gimp\stupid\lazy people it's probably a good idea to use sushi.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-01 06:47:51  
Also, kind of mentioned, but keep in mind that "gimp" DDs can often perform better than what appears to be "pimp" DDs.
Person A can idle\fulltime really good gear, but have no idea how to use it, and in the end perform horribly.
Person B can have worse gear, but have proper gearsets that are directed at certain situations, and like that perform way better than person A.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-01 06:55:33  
Seen many oat greatswords perform better than ragnaroks...
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-10-01 07:31:22  
I've parsed first as drk with my Borealis... Which makes me kind of sad. And 70% acc? That's not so bad - try a mnk with 30% melee accuracy! He actually managed to miss with VS. -.-
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-10-01 07:37:45  
I've parsed first on drk with an apocalypse!! :Q talk about a bad alliance
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-01 08:12:45  
Asura.Fondue said: »
I've parsed first on drk with an apocalypse!! :Q talk about a bad alliance
I stopped using Wildfire midway through a Kalasutrax cause I was lazy to use another bullet pouch the other day. Still outparsed an ukon war who didn't use any other WS.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-01 08:16:01  
Should make a thread for 'the worst dds you've ever met', without making names though as that's forbidden.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-10-01 08:19:53  
Should make a thread for 'the worst dds you've ever met', without making names though as that's forbidden.

Oh god I have so many examples... o.o
[+]
 Cerberus.Aydogan
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2012-10-01 08:37:22  
Thank you everyone for the great discussion and keeping the thread on track! I have a lot I can work with for my next run.

And definitely trying to prevent this:
Phoenix.Nerji said: »
If someone keep making fail pt, words will spread, and it will be harder to get good players from /shout, and vice versa.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-10-01 08:39:57  
Beating a Kogarasumaru SAM on COR as we speak. :X I hate people sometimes.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-01 08:43:45  
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
...Is he like, doing proc WSs, or... Petrified the whole time or something? <_<
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-10-01 08:48:16  
No. Nothing but Shoha, except for the obvious opening Rana.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-10-01 08:48:27  
Sylph.Binckry said: »

Binck is one of those horrible DD we're talking about, I see what you and yipes do in my shouts >,>;
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-01 08:53:19  
Sylph.Sagiaurex said: »
Sylph.Binckry said: »

Binck is one of those horrible DD we're talking about, I see what you and yipes do in my shouts >,>;
Gtfo, I parse at least #1-3. :<
Edit: And I provide entertainment for your x50 VWNM shouts, they're boring as hell.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-10-01 08:53:23  
People really have this much trouble with Ig-Alima?

I mean, Rex, sure, but Alima?