Unwanted Gil?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Masamune » Unwanted gil?
Unwanted gil?
By Fouluryu 2012-09-24 16:34:29  
Jumping back into the game, but have little to none gil with 100k with my name on it. Since they're reducing gil to digits 99,999,999, who wants to share me some before they officially reduce your gil? ^.^
By Zenaku14 2012-09-24 18:48:47  
Fouluryu said: »
Jumping back into the game, but have little to none gil with 100k with my name on it. Since they're reducing gil to digits 99,999,999, who wants to share me some before they officially reduce your gil? ^.^

they reducing everyone so everyone who is rich now would still be rich in 2.0 we not losing anything so ya don't think anyone going to give you gil if you did not knew this lol if you did and just trolling then not a very good troll lol.
[+]
By THECAPTAIN 2012-09-24 21:06:02  
sigh
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-24 21:14:53  
LOl
By Fouluryu 2012-09-24 22:41:43  
Zenaku14 said: »
Fouluryu said: »

they reducing everyone so everyone who is rich now would still be rich in 2.0 we not losing anything so ya don't think anyone going to give you gil if you did not knew this lol if you did and just trolling then not a very good troll lol.

Nah, not trolling. Your gil will disappear and you're wrong. Never hurts asking since it will be wasted away.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/54374-ARR-Gil-Cap-Reduction?s=e4ecd869b74cc4ac72467e036205d1d7&p=831748#post831748

Quote:
Hello! Producer/Director Yoshida here.

I would like to clarify the announcement I made the other day during the Letter from the Producer LIVE in regards to devaluation by reducing digits of gil by one. However, as I mentioned, we will be making an announcement on Topics about this, so please wait just a bit more for the final details.

The prices of NPC goods and how much they pay for your items in A Realm Reborn will be 1/10th of the price currently.
The amount of gil received as rewards for content and monster drops in A Realm Reborn will be 1/10th of what they are currently.
All items current being sold with a single-digit value of gil will either have their sale values modified or be removed from the game. (Items removed from the game will be automatically converted to their value in gil, which will be calculated as 1/10th of their current value)
Due to the large scale changes in battle specs, the value of items in A Realm Reborn and the current version will be different.
The amount of gil players currently possess will become 1/10th of what they possess when A Realm Reborn launches.

In other words, all the hard work you've put into saving up gil won't be lost. Even though the gil you possess will become 1/10th what it currently is, we're adjusting NPC sale/buy prices to also become 1/10th what they are now, so relatively nothing will change. However, we do apologize that this may be a shock emotionally.

Players may feel like "my money is being reduced!" However, we're doing this so that when we launch A Realm Reborn and support it for many years to come, it will be easier to play with a more realistic sense of value than just having huge economical digits just because.

The whole reason for this change is to rectify the increase in cost of items relative to the price of arrows, since archers in A Realm Reborn will no longer need arrows. I'd like to make it clear that we have no other agenda in wanting to reduce the amount of gil everyone has currently.

During the live stream I tried to convey this all by saying "the entire economy will become 1/10th of what it is currently, so there is no detriment," but I apologize for my lack of explanation.

--------------------------------------------------------

From here on out is just icing on the cake, so if you are not so keen on somewhat overly complex details, feel free to skip over this.

The devaluation to take place with the shift to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, as stated above, is making the amount generated, the amount gained, and the amount in circulation 1/10th what it is now. In other words, it would be best for players not to do anything at this point in time.

I'm sure there are some thoughts about selling items before they become 1/10th what they are currently, but as I wrote in #1, 3, and 4 above, the NPC item purchase prices and items that are useful in battle will change to go along with the balance changes in A Realm Reborn.

For example, let's say you're thinking "I better hurry up and sell Heaven's Eye Materia IV!" However, with the balance in A Realm Reborn, there is a possibility of changes in the amount of these being generated and they could not be as effective as they are currently. This is something that we cannot clearly answer as we're balancing this as we are creating it. While there is still the possibility for futures purchasing, please keep in mind that there is also the possibility for large losses as well.

In other words, it would be best to stay the current course.

According to an additional source from a Japanese site, they even noted the amount of gil income is a lot higher than normal flowing into the game. You can do your homework and find the source yourself.
By Fouluryu 2012-09-25 00:11:25  
Please stop invading server posts you are not on, thanks.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-25 02:55:21  
Welcome to a public forum.

90% of you gil will dissapear, that means if they had 10mil and give you 5 mil they will only have 500k after the switch rather then 1mil if they kept all 10mil. So not sure why you think it wouldn't hurt them at all.

Edit: (Your Current gil * .10) + Removed items npc costs = Your 2.0 gil
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-09-25 04:40:07  
To Foulryu's credit, he is right in that if someone had 999,999,999 gils, and it was reduced to 99,999,999 gils in 2.0 then they are technically losing 9 gils in the conversion no? (i.e. if they had 999,999,990 instead they will actually lose nothing in 2.0, by giving him that excess gil...)

*does math*

*does math again using fingers and toes this time* :p

So maybe Foulryu was hoping for donations of those 1-9 gils from each person, since that would be what was lost in the process. ^_-
[+]
By Fouluryu 2012-09-25 05:41:19  
Edit: Actually, from my understanding. Instead of having 999mil for example, you'll be left with 99mil in 2.0. It's a big reduction that's going to disappear.

Good seeing you Inasura. Always a pleasure to hear your words of wisdom.
By Raldo 2012-09-25 08:59:23  
Let me cut the wall-o-text down for you, so you actually see it then.
Quote:
• The prices of NPC goods and how much they pay for your items in A Realm Reborn will be 1/10th of the price currently.
• The amount of gil received as rewards for content and monster drops in A Realm Reborn will be 1/10th of what they are currently.
• The amount of gil players currently possess will become 1/10th of what they possess when A Realm Reborn launches.

Edit: Holy crap, I just realized I quoted your own post! How did you miss that?

Now that that's been said, please do not turn this thread into a stupid discussion of "but my gil is going away noooooo!" It is a redenomination, and no one is losing any net worth.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-09-25 09:28:57  
Fouluryu

Reread that forum post.

Just reread it.

It doesn't say only player's gil. It says everything with value on it will be reduced by 1/10.

Example, you have 1000 and a laptop costs 800. By that reduction, you have 100 but also a laptop costs 80.

You have 1,000 gil and a weapon costs 700 gil (it's been a while since I've played FFXIV do idk what costs there are for stuff)

now you have 100 gil but that weapon costs 70 gil.

That is what they're doing. You're not losing money, except that 1-9 as the last digit of your gil total)
By Zenaku14 2012-09-25 09:30:11  
You not losing gil when everything in the game would be cut by 1/10 From npcs sell/buy too everyone gil so if your have 999m and the new cap in 2.0 is 99mil you going to have 99m which mean you going to be rich.

The poor would be poor and the rich would be rich.

if you can buy 5 item with 10mil in 1.0 you can buy the same item in 2.0 with 1mil noting happens you not really losing anything.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-25 09:38:43  
Zenaku14 said: »
You not losing gil when everything in the game would be cut by 1/10 From npcs sell/buy too everyone gil so if your have 999m and the new cap in 2.0 is 99mil you going to have 99m which mean you going to be rich.

The poor would be poor and the rich would be rich.

if you can buy 5 item with 10mil in 1.0 you can buy the same item in 2.0 with 1mil noting happens you not really losing anything.
This applys only to NPC items, there is absolutly no way to predict the player economy with out knowing recipies and new drop items ahead of time. Would also need to now how the game's mechanics switch up as well since a crap peice now could be good afer and vice versa. Some items that are cheap now could actually go up alot if they are used for something good.

Also I havn't seen them say that 99,999,999 will be the cap, just that that is what it will go to if you have capped now. Get 1 more gil and you should still bump up to 100,000,000.
By Neone 2012-09-25 09:47:43  
Here's an idea... give your gil to mules! The conversion function will probably be something like ceiling(currentGil * 0.1). Ceiling being the process of rounding up to the nearest integer. So, if you have 999,999,999 gil, just make 999,999,999 mules, give them one gil each, and you should be safe!
[+]
By Raldo 2012-09-25 09:48:01  
Asura.Ina said: »
This applys only to NPC items, there is absolutly no way to predict the player economy with out knowing recipies and new drop items ahead of time.
This would happen with or without the re-denomination, and thus is completely irrelevant.
By astoy05 2012-09-25 15:37:00  
This whole thread is irrelevant. Even if there was a way to give the gil that you would lose away and not end up losing anything yourself, nobody would give it to some random stranger just because he posted a thread asking for it.

Wait, maybe if we all give all our leftover moneyz to someone's retainer's cousin's red-headed Garlean stepchild, then when 2.0 comes out we could all buy our new Manthra panties and still have millions of gilz left over!

[+]
By Mutsuhiko 2012-09-28 12:47:05  
Baby Jebus said: »
This whole thread is irrelevant. Even if there was a way to give the gil that you would lose away and not end up losing anything yourself, nobody would give it to some random stranger just because he posted a thread asking for it. Wait, maybe if we all give all our leftover moneyz to someone's retainer's cousin's red-headed Garlean stepchild, then when 2.0 comes out we could all buy our new Manthra panties and still have millions of gilz left over!
agreed totally i mean c'mon grind that stuff on your own make your own money..... btw baby jebus can you shoot me another 10mill i burned thru the 10 you gave me 3 days ago
By Crevox 2012-09-29 07:37:56  
How can this many people not understand such a simple concept?

No one is losing gil.
By Mutsuhiko 2012-09-29 13:32:35  
Crevox said: »
How can this many people not understand such a simple concept? No one is losing gil.

so the concept of giving someone something you worked hard for? seriously its more of a principal than being greedy
By Kyree 2012-09-29 16:10:17  

No one is losing gil.
I guess if you buy exclusively from NPCs that would be true...
By EstharFalcus 2012-09-30 07:27:01  
Seneca Riago said: »

No one is losing gil.
I guess if you buy exclusively from NPCs that would be true...
Technically no one is losing any gil. It's just the proportions are being reduced.
Ward prices won't stay the same as they are now.
They'll most likely drop in price to match the new gil value, though prices will shoot up due to a higher demand in 2.0 as well as people being used to the current high prices.

The only way people would technically lose gil is if they didn't change how much you obtained, NPC prices etc.
Gil would still be worth the same amount but 90% would be removed from the economy.

With how it's being done, the spread of wealth is not being changed at all. The value of gil will shoot up tremendously.
It will take just as long to create the same amount of gil except it will be 1 digit shorter.
By Kyree 2012-09-30 17:04:46  
Technically indeed. I just don't see people cutting prices 90% in the wards, maybe 20-40%.

(Inb4 prices always fluctuate, supply and demand etc etc)

I'm just afraid I'll be as poor as I was in 11 D;
By Mutsuhiko 2012-10-01 12:54:07  
Technically indeed. I just don't see people cutting prices 90% in the wards, maybe 20-40%. (Inb4 prices always fluctuate, supply and demand etc etc) I'm just afraid I'll be as poor as I was in 11 D;
gil was my nemesis in ffxi especially in carbuncle the prices were nuts on that server for a while i never had much gil on ffxi
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-01 19:55:11  
Technically indeed. I just don't see people cutting prices 90% in the wards, maybe 20-40%.

(Inb4 prices always fluctuate, supply and demand etc etc)

I'm just afraid I'll be as poor as I was in 11 D;
they will if people are smart enough not to buy overpriced things
[+]
By Fouluryu 2012-10-03 00:35:45  
Hmm. Actually now that the devs explained clearly about the gil reduction and other reductions in the game, I guess it really doesn't matter. Everything is reduced and becomes affordable, but less gil needed. Everything is equal valued, so in a way that little 10k will make me feel rich buying items 10g. Just an example of course.

Only thing does come to mind is, even though everything is reduced, what about the retainers people placed items up? They said it get's reduced, so wouldn't they just go back and change the price to what they initially wanted to sell it?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-10-03 04:10:54  
They will try but with everyones gil number beind reduced most people won't be able to afford that so the price will come down. What will probably happen is items will go up at their old price, then people will start putting them up for lower and lower untill they are affordable. As much as people like to blame "Greedy" sellers and gil sellers for high prices the buyers play the biggest role. Sellers determine the prices by looking at whats up and the price history so if people are buying for crazy ammounts they will put it up for the most they can get while still selling at a speed they decide is acceptable.

Regardless however like any major update the best money will be in new items, and assuming they are adding new drops to mobs and gathering the items will be obtainable by all levels. Even the low level items will be valuable at that point (think copper ore +1, easy to get by anyone but people will pay tons to avoid the time spent farming it) so within the first couple weeks the gil should spread itself out alot. New armor and possibly weapons could also make our current stuff obsolete after a little while once enough double melds make it into the server.

There is really no way to speculate on prices and the player market will definetly be a mess right away but I would give it a month tops before it sorts itself out. Maybe a bit longer on less common items such as relic melds if that is still how it works. It took a week or so for the market to sort it self out after the drops to npc spam if thats any indication.