Banned For A Credit Card Issue?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Banned for a credit card issue?
Banned for a credit card issue?
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-05-31 17:23:28  
Some people I know just had a credit card issue due to a bank change, and now it's coming up that they are banned when they log in. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-31 17:43:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

It's also possibility they were POS hacking Leaping Lizzy at the same time they had to update their payment information.
 Titan.Joclyn
サーバ: Titan
user: Joclyn
By Titan.Joclyn 2009-05-31 17:43:36  
I had two members of my LS "banned" for the same thing. Call into SE, have them talk about what happened and their accounts will be restored. From what I understand of what happened, the bank basically denied the charges (not at the request of my LS Members) and SE took that as the account was hacked and freezes the account. It was fixed right away without any hassle.
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-05-31 17:47:55  
this happened to one of my LS mates, Apparently SE was banning accounts that had "Similar" Credit card numbers because there was a issue where this particular CC# was stolen. At least that's what SE told my friend and his wife.
 Asura.Fobos
サーバ: Asura
user: Fobos
By Asura.Fobos 2009-05-31 17:55:04  
Friend of mine got LM-17 because the bank requested a "chargeback". SE decided to ban the account to avoid any possible fraud. After 2 hours of waiting for a GM in livechat, they only requested my friend to give his POL ID and the first4 and last4 numbers of the credit card. Right after that, the ban was lifted and he could play normally. It was pretty pathetic to wait 2 *** hours for a 5min talk with a GM for just that.
 Bahamut.Reith
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-05-31 18:48:02

^ Is what happened to me, but they have YET to unban my account.. It's been 2-3 days now, starting to lose track. Funny how they said they'll fix it right away, but don't do ***as usual.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-31 19:40:20  
Reith said:
^ Is what happened to me, but they have YET to unban my account.. It's been 2-3 days now, starting to lose track. Funny how they said they'll fix it right away, but don't do ***as usual.
Well ..at least your dog is cute?
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-05-31 19:44:57

Caiyuo said:
Reith said:
Well ..at least your dog is cute?

lol- Offtopic, but thanks. :P
 Ramuh.Yasko
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-31 19:59:14  
Fobos said:
Friend of mine got LM-17 because the bank requested a "chargeback". SE decided to ban the account to avoid any possible fraud. After 2 hours of waiting for a GM in livechat, they only requested my friend to give his POL ID and the first4 and last4 numbers of the credit card. Right after that, the ban was lifted and he could play normally. It was pretty pathetic to wait 2 *** hours for a 5min talk with a GM for just that.

That happened to me too. I only had to wait only 1:20 on the phone. =P

So far I think the stupidest part of the experience is when the ban message pops up, saying "Under no circumstance can this ban be reversed", and yet they do it like 30 seconds after verifying your credit card info. Reith, if you are still having this problem, I'd push a little harder.
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-05-31 20:00:30

Yes I'm still having troubles.. should I just recall them back on the problem? They told me it -SHOULD- be back up before the 1st.. but not sure.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Is there anyway to tell if they've unbanned you? email or anything? or just try logging in to check?.. Man I hate dealing with stupid thigns SE does.
 Ramuh.Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-31 20:09:36  
You have to log in to check. And if they told you that it should be back up by the first, then your situation is different than mine. They told me it would be up in "3...2...1..." as they were clicking the "reverse irreversible ban" button.
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-05-31 20:24:34

Ahh.. but I did get a email about chargeback stuff. Hmm, guess I'll give them a call, rather then talking on the webchat crap they have.
 Ramuh.Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-31 20:36:29  
Interesting. I never got an e-mail of any kind. Please post your results.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-31 20:53:26

You haz no monez?!

Gtfo

LM-17!

"nono I have monez here!"

Oooooh monez

"mistake"

un~ban

:O pretty much
 Odin.Sharress
サーバ: Odin
user: sharress
By Odin.Sharress 2009-05-31 22:19:42  
This happened to me as well.

I received an email that read as follows: "You are being sent this notice to inform you that since you previously requested a credit card chargeback for PlayOnline, the PlayOnline account linked to your credit card has been suspended. Please be assured that we have not chosen this course of action lightly, but instead see it as a necessary method of combating the increased misuse of credit cards. We feel that this preventative measure will greatly lessen the impact of such illicit activity on future accounts."

I asked SE what exactly "chargeback" meant and he informed me that he could not tell me exactly what happened, but that my bank must have requested it. I kept inquiring about it during the "unban process" and informed him that banks do not and can not request chargebacks on your behalf because a form has to be filled out. He got agitated and told me I needed to call my bank. He knew I knew he was lying. It seems after reading this forum that SE didn't inform their customer service of which lie to tell as there are multiple ones.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-05-31 22:25:26  
^That is the email that my friends got. They are currently going through a lot of hassle trying to get their accounts back. Thanks for everyone's reply.
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-06-01 02:23:20

Sharress said:
This happened to me as well.

I received an email that read as follows: "You are being sent this notice to inform you that since you previously requested a credit card chargeback for PlayOnline, the PlayOnline account linked to your credit card has been suspended. Please be assured that we have not chosen this course of action lightly, but instead see it as a necessary method of combating the increased misuse of credit cards. We feel that this preventative measure will greatly lessen the impact of such illicit activity on future accounts."

I asked SE what exactly "chargeback" meant and he informed me that he could not tell me exactly what happened, but that my bank must have requested it. I kept inquiring about it during the "unban process" and informed him that banks do not and can not request chargebacks on your behalf because a form has to be filled out. He got agitated and told me I needed to call my bank. He knew I knew he was lying. It seems after reading this forum that SE didn't inform their customer service of which lie to tell as there are multiple ones.

Ha!.. I got this same email, and basically told them the samething.. yet again, they try to avoid it like it wasn't their fault, as usual. All you can really do is imbrace S/E's stupidity and deal with it sadly.. -.- I still wish this game was made by a different company. One that ACTUALLY CARES for their PLAYERS..
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-01 14:03:26  
Just a lil FYI, my friend tried to log on yesterday and gave the lm-17 message also, he called today and got it reinstated from the error. And will send an email of it being reinstated.

He said all they asked for was:

Credit Card info linked to account
Name
Content ID info.
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-01 14:08:06  
2 of my LS members were "banned" a few days ago. They called SE and got the CC situation worked out and back on the game within 30mins
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-06-01 14:20:35

Alyria said:
Just a lil FYI, my friend tried to log on yesterday and gave the lm-17 message also, he called today and got it reinstated from the error. And will send an email of it being reinstated.

He said all they asked for was:

Credit Card info linked to account
Name
Content ID info.

Yeah, I did the samething, and FINALLy got ahold of someone that actually CARED to do something about it.. though they didn't say they'll be sending me a email, just got it unbanned..

Sadly though, I cannot even log ON due to server maint. on payments or w/e.. so will have to wait or some BS. lol
 Diabolos.Tarusimon
サーバ: Diabolos
user: tarusimon
By Diabolos.Tarusimon 2009-06-06 04:51:47  
it happened to me but i didnt get banned

jus renewed my char, and started playing again
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [276 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Tenini
user: Tenini
By Cerberus.Tenini 2010-03-08 23:41:52  
Omg.... I'm gonna rip my hair out!!! Was zoning into Sea for a Temenos run and BAM!!! Kicked off... Then I get the "LM-17 YOU ARE BANNED ***!!!" msg... ... ... Got the same email they stated above... ... ... I never requested no chargeback; and my bank is a pain-in-the-***-bank where you have to request EVERYTHING to be done... Hopefully it's fixed tomorrow. Gdi... watch bard, white mage, and black mage items drop now fml...