users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Dancing Edge
Dancing Edge
 Hades.Kadia
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: kadia112
By Hades.Kadia 2009-05-31 01:18:12  
Okay so i just got dancing edge for my thf and i am falling in love with it quick. but what i want to know is about the whole modifiers. should i stack ACC and DEX or DEX and CHR or what? i just want to try and get max dmg for it
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-31 01:24:16  
It probably wouldnt ever go for chr... right now since you just got it acc is probably gonna be more important... but yeah dex is good too str and att too of course
 Hades.Kadia
By Hades.Kadia 2009-05-31 01:25:40  
i only ask about CHR because it has a higher modifier than DEX but yea so far i was just stacking ACC and was anywhere from 600-1k
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-31 01:33:01  
My trusty THF buddy stacks DEX gear for DE, I don't think I've known him to really lay on CHR pieces. He's Mithra for what it's worth.

If your accuracy is good (and it should be for THF, his has always been anyways) you can prolly just eat ATT food and be good for it.

In my observations...he does some pretty sick damage with it, especially when I feed him Wild Flourishes and he SA-DE's. We were fighting Qutrub last night (easy mobs, I know) and he was getting 2300 something DE's with a 2000+ scission on it. Best I'd ever seen him do ^^
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
user: Nixie
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-05-31 01:53:26  
Attack and accuracy. Stack DEX where you can for more acc and a little bit of a modifier, but use the key attack+ pieces such as assault jerkin, dusk legs, amemet mantle +1, etc. It'll boost your damage a lot more than stacking pure DEX. Of course this is only for the WS alone. You obviously wanna stack the SATA mods when you're SATA'ing the ws. As a DD geared DNC, i was doing about 800-1000 DE's at level 62~64, and by 70~75 i was doing 1k+ every WS. So speaking from my personal experience with the ws, i definitely recommend using attack.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-31 01:54:47  
The problem with thf is its like only A- in dagger... and danceing edge is 5 hits 6 with dualweild... so even endgame with still wearing some acc gear I still usually do more dmg with sushi then att food. Hell in like +28acc gear I tp in and 6dag merits I still miss much more then I want to on most VT/ITs without sushi... so yeah with even less acc on ws gear need it really
Anarkissed said:
Attack and accuracy. Stack DEX where you can for more acc and a little bit of a modifier, but use the key attack+ pieces such as assault jerkin, dusk legs, amemet mantle +1, etc. It'll boost your damage a lot more than stacking pure DEX. Of course this is only for the WS alone. You obviously wanna stack the SATA mods when you're SATA'ing the ws. As a DD geared DNC, i was doing about 800-1000 DE's at level 62~64, and by 70~75 i was doing 1k+ every WS. So speaking from my personal experience with the ws, i definitely recommend using attack.

for thf dragon harness will beat assault jerkin easy or even better yet ACP with att/acc mods. Id use foragers... but yeah +15att easily beats teh 3dex/str/agi one. And if you can Id get enkidus for legs instead.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-31 02:05:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Priority: Acc > Atk > DEX > STR > CHR
That about covers it.
 Hades.Kadia
By Hades.Kadia 2009-05-31 02:07:56  
okay i will be trying this out ^^ thank you all,alsobtw im elvaan and my ACC is naturally suckky so i stacks +32 ACC and sushi usually
so i will try stacking more ATT and DEX in there
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
user: Nixie
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-05-31 02:16:02  
Kadia said:
okay i will be trying this out ^^ thank you all,alsobtw im elvaan and my ACC is naturally suckky so i stacks +32 ACC and sushi usually
so i will try stacking more ATT and DEX in there

Well my entire post was based around how i geared for the weapon skill as a dancer. My THF isn't 75, so I can't really speak well for them. But i just put in my input on how i was successful with that particular WS on dancer. THF may need more acc for WS than DNC though... DNC have Accuracy Bonus II job trait, and they also have building flourish (boosts acc, attack, and crit rate of next ws). So just test things out ^^ Try to find a balance for acc and your damage. You want all 5 (6 with dual wield) hits to land anyways!
 Pandemonium.Tarusimon
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: tarusimon
By Pandemonium.Tarusimon 2009-06-06 04:57:47  
Max Dmg = All hits landed.

damage is based on Dex
Damage is also based on Accuracy.

Basically:
Accuracy: Land each DE
Dex: Damage factor.

so more Accuracy = more hits = more dmg.
and more Dex = higher dmg

Find out what works best for you. i always did acc gear, until higher lvls and TP and dex macros for DMG.