users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Einherjar » Odin v2 Strat
Odin v2 Strat
 Asura.Ekotren
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-09-03 11:11:09  
Can someone who's done this before share with someone who hasn't done before? I heard the strat is alot different than v1, I have yet to do v2 so I was looking to find a strat so I would know what to expect.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-03 11:23:03  
Valks don't depop so you can't kite them away. I would say you should have as many low enmity ranged WS as possible (namas, coronach etc) to slowly dps it down. DD's should only drive by and wait for valks to pop. The valks are also HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE smart about chaining ws etc so take care.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-09-03 11:25:54  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Valks don't depop so you can't kite them away. I would say you should have as many low enmity ranged WS as possible (namas, coronach etc) to slowly dps it down. DD's should only drive by and wait for valks to pop. The valks are also HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE smart about chaining ws etc so take care.
Hell of a strat, should submit it to IGN....
[+]
 Sylph.Skinner
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2012-09-03 12:04:45  
2 Melee PT (8DD), 1 BRD, 2 WHM, 3 SMNs, 2 SCH, 2 PLD. - Don't need that much, it's just safest this way. It is killable with 13-15 that have experience np.

Full buff Embrava.
Take it to 80%, PLD takes hate, melee kill adds.
Take it to 60%, PLD takes hate, melee kill adds.
Take it to 52%, PLD takes hate, melee group up on the side, recieve full buffs (re-embrava if required) and recieve PD off SMN. Soon as PD on melees need to engage with the intention of it being taken down to 12%.
At 40% PLD diagas all the adds and tanks them alone in the corner for the rest of the fight.
Take it to 12-13%, all melee disengage if they don't have hate and run away. One or two melee with the most hate must stay on Odin. They will take Odin down to 10% and be sacrificed with his AOE KO move. While this happens the main DD party will have a SMN in party. The SMN will PD when the two melee remaining on Odin die.
-- IMPORTANT: This phase must be done efficiently. If not you may face the 2 melee left on Odin getting hit by needles and dying. If this happens have your strongest melee standing engage Odin and take it down. Your 2nd PLD should be on hand to make sure Odin doesn't attack mages or melees. --
Soon as the KO move hits, SMN uses PD and the melees finish him off. There isn't really a need for this 3rd SMN, however if you have a bad run and only 2 melees are left alive - that perfect defence will ensure Odin dies before your melees do!

I'd go into detail but there isn't much point. It's relatively straight forward to perfect and it is the strat i've used since it came out. Only thing to really note is make sure you're group is well equipt and good at thier job. Arise is really handy for this fight as it does a pretty much guarenteed 1 shot move. Taking more melees will help if you lack the damage but it's not a necessity if the ones you have are good enough!

Good Luck :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-09-03 12:21:25  
Good Post Skinner
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-09-03 12:38:13  
Good post, but we've done it with just the one PD from 51%>>11%

Just saying that the additional 2 SMN aren't needed if you want to cut back on man-power, as long as everyone stands in range for up to20k needles :) You can swap the SMN up for COR or RNG, RNG being a *** beast on this fight because they are out of range of full-dispel and terror spam

Ashman's strat sounds like a silly way to time-out
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-03 13:13:39  
highly recommend against the PD-zerg setup, not just because it would require very well geared DDs and some luck, but it's not even the quickest way.

On average rebornls has been clearing this in 10-12mins with the main source of damage being 4-5 relic rngs. Due to relic rngs having the ability to maintain full buffs throughout the entire fight, their dps will be blowing melee's out of the water usually.
 Sylph.Skinner
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2012-09-04 08:12:01  
Interesting point. Thanks :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [94 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Egonn
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-12-07 07:53:57  
Has anyone ever had an issue where Odin seemed a lot harder if you took more than 18 ppl in? I run a shell where we just run in and rape T3's in about 5 minutes because we have a lot of people. But when we do V2 with more than 18 it seems like a nightmare. The mobs are harder to kill and Odin seems to have more HP. I couldn't find anything on the mob having double HP like legion for more than one alliance anywhere though.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-07 08:06:11  
I don't believe there is a difference. It is possible that if you can do it with 18, but have issues if you bring more than 18, that you begin to over tax your resources (healers having too many people to cure, not all the DDs getting into buffed partys, etc.) but that is the only thing I can think of.