users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Black belt "Beat Around the Bushin Items"
Black belt "Beat Around the Bushin Items"
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Keeo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Keeo 2012-08-24 08:59:48  
What the best way to get black belt items for Beat around the Bushin? Adamantoise Egg, Behemoth Tongue and Wyrm Beard.

I have not done any of the HNMs since they become Pop nms

Is it easier to spam the KSNM if I have the seals. Also do they only drop from the KSNM and the HNM versions now?
 Bahamut.Alei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Alei
By Bahamut.Alei 2012-08-24 09:12:25  
KSNM is definetly the way to go in order to get black belt items nowadays. I don't know if you have a linkshell, but usually people are willing to put forward KS99 orbs since you can convert seals into other types of seals nowadays. The KS99 BCNM's can be low-manned except for the turtle.

If you fail on the KSNM I would take the pop item that the KSNM drops, and go to pop the normal NM. Since they have a low % chance of dropping the black belt item.

Another route you might go is taking that pop item and selling it ~700k, and offering that 700k to anybody who would be willing to give you a KS99 orb.

Either way its gonna be involving buying KS99 orbs, finding help, and organizing it yourself. The hardest one by far is the turtle. I suggest starting with that one first.
 Sylph.Sloery
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sloery
By Sylph.Sloery 2012-08-24 09:43:51  
The normal NM's don't drop the black belt items anymore, you can only get them from the KSNM or the Kings.
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-24 09:47:05  
Sylph.Sloery said: »
The normal NM's don't drop the black belt items anymore, you can only get them from the KSNM or the Kings.

^ This. also, offtopic, HI SLOE 8D
[+]
 Cerberus.Keeo
By Cerberus.Keeo 2012-08-24 09:48:00  
Ok thanks for the info I have a good few hundred KS so that will be a good start. Can probably get some help or find others that also need and spam a few.

With the turtle do you still need a BLM army?
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-24 09:48:57  
Cerberus.Keeo said: »
Ok thanks for the info I have a good few hundred KS so that will be a good start. Can probably get some help or find others that also need and spam a few.

Yeah Most people go in with like 3+ blms and SAM/WARs for SCing, well that's how my friends went about it anyways, usually don't do KS99's often
 Phoenix.Zekky
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2012-08-24 10:03:32  
Or you can do the whole 6 BLM army manaburn sttyle too. Depending on what you can get from a PUG or LS, it shouldn't be too difficult. I just did these 3 KS99s for my wife's black belt.

If you do the manaburn style, save the big nukes for when he's in the shell.

For Behemoth, both KS99 and the HNMs(NQ/HQ) were duoable with her WHM and my MNK. Maybe 2 times his last meteor would kill me since it would exceed my HP or he'd do his thunderbolt + meteor back to back.

For wyrm KS99, trio'd with MNK, COR and WHM. Good luck on obtaining your black belt!
By Circle9 2012-08-24 11:17:59  
Use your seals on any 3 of the KSNM first. Get what you can. Anything left you need after that just /shout and buy and save yourself a lot of messing around. Pay what the seller wants or your gonna have a tough time getting them.

People who are stingy on the buying when they need to buy don't get the items. So its upto you how long your willing to wait.

BB items are auwful otherwise unless you have a massive stock of seals in waiting to try and get yourself. Don't buy orbs your gonna waste a lot of time and pay probably the same amount as you would buying the item outright on a if it drops i pay you basis.
By Aikawa 2012-08-24 11:22:05  
Sylph.Sagiaurex said: »

Yeah Most people go in with like 3+ blms and SAM/WARs for SCing, well that's how my friends went about it anyways, usually don't do KS99's often

You can do turtle w/ blm, healer, dd, just need coordination, Melee DD when its out of the shell, but first turn so BLM can get mana, BLM nukes when turtle when is inside to get it out of the shell, rinse and repeat.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-08-24 11:32:05  
Aikawa said: »

You can do turtle w/ blm, healer, dd, just need coordination, Melee DD when its out of the shell, but first turn so BLM can get mana, BLM nukes when turtle when is inside to get it out of the shell, rinse and repeat.
The important thing here is for the blm to start nuking the second it goes into its shell, can't wait around. You need to get it a certain % below what it went into its shell, to get it out again. It's not just about how much damage you do. If the blm waits too long and it regens a few ticks before they start nuking then yo ucould unload all your mp and not get it out. If your blm pays attention though its not hard at all.
I did it recently as mnk blm sch trio. Melee it down on mnk, blm and sch nuke once its in shell, voke it off the blm when it comes out and kite it till mages have mp back then melee down again and repeat. It's very easy to kite even without movement.
By Aikawa 2012-08-24 11:40:14  
Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
Aikawa said: »

The important thing here is for the blm to start nuking the second it goes into its shell, can't wait around. You need to get it a certain % below what it went into its shell, to get it out again. It's not just about how much damage you do. If the blm waits too long and it regens a few ticks before they start nuking then yo ucould unload all your mp and not get it out. If your blm pays attention though its not hard at all.
I did it recently as mnk blm sch trio. Melee it down on mnk, blm and sch nuke once its in shell, voke it off the blm when it comes out and kite it till mages have mp back then melee down again and repeat. It's very easy to kite even without movement.
True, but actually my point is, that you dont need lots of ppl to do this.. 4 ppl should be a cake, having 2 BLMs..
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-08-24 11:52:00  

If you know a good SCH the fight is a cinch. SCH can solo, if you want to help come as BLM or RDM, something that can shorten the kill.

I went through this earlier in the year getting Black Belt for my wife. Turtle is the limiting factor. She went like 0/7-0/8 on egg from KS99. The drop rate for the egg is without a doubt lower than the other two items, and since Aspi really doesn't drop anything of note, it's harder to find a seller for this one. My advice is this- if you can find a seller for the egg, take it, no matter the cost. We'd have paid 10 million for my wife's egg, no question whatsoever. You can do behemoth/wyrm KS99's to fund some of that- these are easy fights, behemoth is easy BST solo, and wyrm is soloable/duoable as well. The pops for Behemoth/Fafnir are valuable and sell quickly, so with any luck you'll end up 3/3 in no time.
 Fenrir.Savoree
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2012-08-24 11:52:11  
I remember reading claims of low man zerging the ks99 turtle for the egg.
The search function is down so I could not find any of these posts I read.
Anybody have their 2 cents on this?
 Sylph.Sloery
user: Sloery
By Sylph.Sloery 2012-08-24 12:00:59  
Sylph.Sloery said: »

^ This. also, offtopic, HI SLOE 8D
Hi Sagi ( ゚▽゚)/

On topic: When i did the turtle i did it with 1 SAM and 3 BLM, could probably do it with 1 less BLM.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-08-24 12:12:34  
behemoth bst soloable
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-08-24 12:16:48  

Do the turtle first, he seems to be very stingy with the drop... 0/14 LOL

Oh, yeah even when I try buying it 0/10 LOL
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-08-24 13:36:58  
Do not use your seals on anything aside from The Hills are Alive. As others have said, the egg costs 5-10x as much as what you can buy the tongue/beard for.

Organize the group yourself and tell other orb users you will buy their egg for something like 4-5M (and see if you get any bites)--people will be more willing to sell it to you cheap since you are organizing the run to use up some of their KS's that they probably would have otherwise just continued to let sit around.

You can then buy everyone's blue pondweeds and use them to try and obtain reds for a chance at the egg. Find buyers for dalmy/crimson body (believe it or not, there are people who still want those).

The tongue and beard will be a joke--you should be able to buy both of those for no more than 1-2M each.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-08-24 13:43:08  
Fenrir.Savoree said: »
I remember reading claims of low man zerging the ks99 turtle for the egg.
The search function is down so I could not find any of these posts I read.
Anybody have their 2 cents on this?

If somebody has a good low-man DD zerg strategy for the egg they have used successfully, I would be interested.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-24 13:47:31  
Turtle:

Two people who can make darkness, a healer and a blm or a scholar for MB nukes.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-08-25 16:05:21  
I agree to use your seals on the turtle first. There's almost no incentive for anyone to do the turtle path other than the egg itself, so that one tends to be the hardest to get.

Now that Odin is back to the pre-bug mechanic, folks will be doing Faf/Nidhogg again and selling beards that would otherwise floor. And there's always a train of people lining up for Defending Ring, so there are sellers the tongue too.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [103 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2012-12-06 08:10:05  
I just soloed behemoth until i got tongue (8 or so tries) and was selling the beastly shanks for 1.5m each (usually would sell overnight). By the time I finally got my tongue, I had enough to just buy the egg and beard.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-21 16:08:27  
I've got 1000 Kindred Seals if I convert everything and I'm just missing the egg. Should I just burn the Behemoth KS and sell the Shanks to fund the Egg, or do the Adaman fight? I only know 1 BLM to help me with the fight too.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-12-21 17:01:41  
If you can't get the blms for turtle just buy it then, plus with luck ya may have some left over.
By Balias 2013-01-03 11:36:15  
I just recently obtained my Tongue soloing the ks99 on bst, went 1/4 to get it. The egg is all that's left. I did a search and unfortunately no one's selling the egg on siren. SCH can solo "The Hills Are Alive" so might try leveling it.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-01-03 11:40:49  
Don't expect to level SCH and magically be able to beat turtle, safest way is and probably always will be having one person to SC (BLU is great for that CDC > Spikes or Requiescat > Quad) and have 2 or 3 BLMs MB. Turtle can be silenced, gravitied and bound with no issue (at least with capped skill on BLM).
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-01-03 11:44:41  
If you're good w/ macros and know how to gear swap ( i know a scary concept ) , playing sch isnt hard to pick up. But it might be a bit much to level a job and gear it all to just get an egg.
By Balias 2013-01-12 09:36:02  
Asura.Werdxi said: »
If you're good w/ macros and know how to gear swap ( i know a scary concept ) , playing sch isnt hard to pick up. But it might be a bit much to level a job and gear it all to just get an egg.

You have a point, but at the moment I don't have a job that's NNI preferred so I thought leveling SCH would be good enough to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-01-13 16:05:39  
Still haven't found a seller either for Egg on Lakshmi. What would be the minimum amount of BLMs to take for this fight for a sure win?
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-13 16:08:46  
1 BLM or SCH can take him out of his shell (Just be careful about pacing the fight correctly and let the BLM get their MP back while he's outside). In fact, a SCH can solo it.

If you want to be extra safe though, I'd bring at least 2.
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
サーバ: Leviathan
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-02-10 03:47:40  
dont believe people making the turle harder than it is. its easy. gimp SCH + MNK will kill it np, you don't need skillchains (it took me 20 minutes though). If you want to be safe though bring MNK MNK BRD WHM, WHM MNK MNK or WHM BRD MNK. Any combo works. One MNK's dot (fully hasted) is enough to keep its HP constant during shell. It will exit shell for 1 second every 30s iish, then you do a WS for 3-4k dmg.
First Page 2