WHM DD?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM DD?
WHM DD?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Terrythehut
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Terrythehut 2009-09-21 04:28:21  

:P
 Bahamut.Rydiya
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-21 04:39:25  
Xdudemanx said:
whm can do a lil pew pewn~~ive always wanted to try a whm/nin burn party..something like 5xwhm/nin and a brd

GOD YES. THAT WOULD BE FUN AS ***.

<.< I need to find a bunch of Bahamutian WHMs and a BRD and make a KRT bones party or sometime.
 Fairy.Kyarutaru
サーバ: Fairy
user: Kyarutaru
By Fairy.Kyarutaru 2009-09-25 03:17:59  
I haven't had the pleasure of doing a KRT burn since I got my relic and KClub, but I've done a few normal TP burn merit parties on Mamool and such :D No need to stop or rest for MP or anything with Mystic Boon giving back 200-400MP and able to spam it with the quick TP gain. Hell of a lot more fun than standing around hasting and healing! Plus the extra damage makes for even quicker kills :D
 Titan.Shirai
サーバ: Titan
user: Shirai
By Titan.Shirai 2009-09-25 03:47:36  
Not every white mage has access to a Mjolly and Kraken though =P
I'll just keep it to the surrogate K-club (Prudence) and Purgatory until Morgy decides to drop or I get enough IS for a Perdu (I fckin hate meriting so always lack IS).
 Bahamut.Rydiya
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-25 05:03:55  
Kyarutaru said:
I haven't had the pleasure of doing a KRT burn since I got my relic and KClub, but I've done a few normal TP burn merit parties on Mamool and such :D No need to stop or rest for MP or anything with Mystic Boon giving back 200-400MP and able to spam it with the quick TP gain. Hell of a lot more fun than standing around hasting and healing! Plus the extra damage makes for even quicker kills :D

Aww.. unfourtanatly most White mages like me are.. Subpar geared, and Bahamut players aren't open to the idea of us meleeing.

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-09-25 05:59:19  
found this on youtube a while back..decent burn pt
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2009-09-25 08:08:47  
for every1 that think whm DD need to b /nin, i use this set-up since i have hexa strike:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=111539

(jelly ring, healer pant, divine torque, errant hpl., sea robber cudgel not showed)

i did whm 70>74 just chilling in campaign but sumtime i end up with hate :P can easy tank them n can even repose if i need mp (no mystic boon yet :/) working on getting Genbu shield n reverent mail atm as well as my lv75 XD
 Fairy.Kyarutaru
By Fairy.Kyarutaru 2009-09-25 09:26:08  
lol well, Rydiya, the leader of the party was a bit skeptical of inviting me at first but I was able to pique his curiosity enough to let me join and melee. The original BRD wasn't too cool with the idea and ditched, but we got another less-douchey one and we overall kicked ***. lol ;o helped that my bf Clave who has Amano also joined us! Unfortunately I hadn't gotten my parser working by then so I wasn't able to see how I was doing comparably, but in Dynamis yesterday I was tied with a Spharai MNK in my party damage % wise and a smidge higher than the WAR as well :D But since I also have to perform my WHMy duties of hasting and curing and such, I can't 100% focus on meleeing which throws off my numbers a bit. And then I ate dirt and my pizza went bye-bye.

I need to get a party where there's some other healer doin' all the dirty work while I bap stuff!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-25 09:50:57  
Lighttaru said:
for every1 that think whm DD need to b /nin, i use this set-up since i have hexa strike:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=111539

Its a decent start, but here's a couple of suggestions for you.

Replace those earrings and get either Spike Earringx2, Merman's(Coral) Earringx2 or when you hit 75 Suppa+Brutal for /nin or Spike/Merman's/Etherreal+Brutal.

You should get some more accuracy by replacing that ruby ring with something like snipers.

The cape works of an ohshi~ moment, but if you are trying to play DD, a defensive cape isn't really the best choice. You should work on getting Bellicose Mantle.

And if after all that you can afford it replace your Fenrir's Stone with a Tiphia Sting.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-25 10:13:11  
Kyaaadaa said:
WHM now has Auspice, TP feeding isnt the issue it once was.

how effective is Auspice? I had a PT ask me to use it for the first time the other day. I'll admit I had no idea how the spell worked until that PT when I was playing with it. I'd used it once before for the light damage (just for fun a NM was nearly dead. I wasn't doing anything but tossing a couple cures now and then. weak NM).

I did not notice a decrease in TP moves by the mobs (colibri). So my question is: Is auspice worth keeping up every 3 minutes?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-25 10:15:35  
Its actually noticeable how many times a mob does a TP move with and without Auspice. I'd say its worth keeping up especially on NMs and mobs with annoying moves like Colibri.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2009-09-25 10:24:27  
XD this is the earring i use cuz most of my job r lv50ish.. no sea yet.. :P The joy of airship fight. As soon i can get to sea ill get those earring, would like to buy a triumph or sumthing like that but ~600k/earring i can wait lol. Fenrir stone came from my pld. Doesnt have trouble with acc at all, doin ~500 hexa in campaign is enough for me :D

Like i said i use to get sum hate so chevriot is nice (with is hidden effect at night even more awesome) so not sure i would exchange it for bellicose. Will try to get blessed+1 whenever i can but aimin for maat cap atm. XD hard to keep up with job/gear most of my inventory is full, still missin last gobby upgrade
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-25 10:52:16  
Lighttaru said:
XD this is the earring i use cuz most of my job r lv50ish.. no sea yet.. :P The joy of airship fight. As soon i can get to sea ill get those earring, would like to buy a triumph or sumthing like that but ~600k/earring i can wait lol. Fenrir stone came from my pld. Doesnt have trouble with acc at all, doin ~500 hexa in campaign is enough for me :D

Like i said i use to get sum hate so chevriot is nice (with is hidden effect at night even more awesome) so not sure i would exchange it for bellicose. Will try to get blessed+1 whenever i can but aimin for maat cap atm. XD hard to keep up with job/gear most of my inventory is full, still missin last gobby upgrade

Grab a parser. If your accuracy isn't 95%, you need more accuracy gear. Being that I've played on WHM/NIN for about 2.5 years now, I can guarantee you that you need more. Improving your accuracy improves your damage over time, your Hexa's damage and when you get Mystic Boon your MP recovery. Its amusing to me that you have a 2m PCC but won't spend 150k (which is roughly 1/13th the price) for +5 more accuracy. If all you ever do is swing your club in Campaign then do whatever.

If you are serious about DD on WHM you would stop fulltiming that Chevoit and change to Bellicose. Afflatus Solace Cure III is way more than enough to make up for -5%/-10% damage taken. Even Regen III. WHM need all the +attack they can get.

Anyone can say they're a WHM DD by equipping a club. There is a huge difference between being meh and being good though. I used to believe I was good back in the day when I hit WHM75 as my first 75. Looking back with the knowledge I've gain its laughable at the gear I used.

I'm just offering my advice since you offered your gear set for everyone to see. Don't take this as me being a *** about your gear, I just want to help you improve yourself.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2009-09-25 11:21:56  
Hypnotizd said:
Lighttaru said:

Grab a parser. If your accuracy isn't 95%, you need more accuracy gear. Being that I've played on WHM/NIN for about 2.5 years now, I can guarantee you that you need more. Improving your accuracy improves your damage over time, your Hexa's damage and when you get Mystic Boon your MP recovery. Its amusing to me that you have a 2m PCC but won't spend 150k (which is roughly 1/13th the price) for +5 more accuracy. If all you ever do is swing your club in Campaign then do whatever.

If you are serious about DD on WHM you would get rid of that Chevoits and change to Bellicose. Afflatus Solace Cure III is way more than enough to make up for -5%/-10% damage taken. Even Regen III. WHM need all the +attack they can get.

Anyone can say they're a WHM DD by equipping a club. There is a huge difference between being meh and being good though. I used to believe I was good back in the day when I hit WHM75 as my first 75. Looking back with the knowledge I've gain its laughable at the gear I used.

I'm just offering my advice since you offered your gear set for everyone to see. Don't take this as me being a *** about your gear, I just want to help you improve yourself.

im playing whm DD mostly fun, whm aint my main job. all the expensive gear come from BCNM n stuff like this. just that i was tired to see only whm/nin DD set-up. i kno this aint the best DD gear but at first was thinkin of a multi-gear part: str for myself when i DD, mnd for SS, curin etc, haste (dont think i have to say y XD). :P i do laugh at my earring so bad.

About campaign, i use to pull hate from sum DD with this set-up DDin, dispel, flash n few cure... i play a lot with afflatus misery/auspice/banish3 so sumtime its easy to pull back hate when u do banish3 for 400+...

I aint takin ya for a ***, every1 have there own opinion.. all depend of how u play ur job at the end but true that whm need all the atk possible since there almost none for us :/ *cry*. Ill get more good gear (doin genbu again in a few hr *yay*)when ill have finish with blu n brd to get lv75.. blu may become my main with smn but will always chill on whm XD
 Fairy.Kyarutaru
By Fairy.Kyarutaru 2009-09-26 01:55:43  
Well, it's a given that /NIN isn't the only way to DD as WHM, but it's rather effective. Gives you shadows to protect you from attacks in the case you pull hate (I tanked the Fafnir-type mob in Limbus this way once). I actually also used /NIN occassionally as my normal sub before SCH came out. Would dual wield Templar Mace and Asklepios for Cure Potency and the shadows kept me alive in tougher Dynamis runs.
The safety of shadows combined with the lure of dual wielding clubs is probably the main draw of /NIN as a WHM :) And well, for other melee jobs really lol. Combine it with a max haste build (Blessed +1, Swift, Goliard Saio, and Walahra Turban) and you'll be attacking very often if your clubs don't have HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE delays on them.
Stack on the accuracy and 20/20 STR/MND for Hexa Strike, and attack for Mystic Boon. And Randgrith is 40/40 STR/MND mod.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Kyarutaru
By Fairy.Kyarutaru 2009-11-12 14:05:47  
;o Any of you other WHM DDs augmenting yer Shantotto pants for it? I am of course! Acc+7/Haste+3% to be my new TP pants. Attack+7 was a consideration initially and to make them WS pants, but after a discussion on BG, the Haste seems to be a better option overall. I lose 1% Haste off Blessed +1 which brings me to 25% (uncapped since cap is 25.something, so 26% ideally), but having that extra accuracy while TPing should be a great help considering WHM doesn't really get the best options for accuracy gear, putting us at a disadvantage against "real" melees.

\o/ pants!

I let merit parties know straight up I will be DDing full-time while still maintaining haste cycle and curing and everything works out fine ;o Some are hesitant at first, but then when the party is over, I've had em say they'll look for me in the future ^_^

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Clave
user: Clave
By Fairy.Clave 2009-11-12 22:34:57  
Gilgamesh.Kenzilla said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=11540

Proof. whm first job on the piece for a raisin.

WHM isn't a job that can equip that cape if that's what you meant to say?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Miseko
サーバ: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2010-02-11 12:52:28  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kyaaadaa said:
WHM now has Auspice, TP feeding isnt the issue it once was.

how effective is Auspice? I had a PT ask me to use it for the first time the other day. I'll admit I had no idea how the spell worked until that PT when I was playing with it. I'd used it once before for the light damage (just for fun a NM was nearly dead. I wasn't doing anything but tossing a couple cures now and then. weak NM).

I did not notice a decrease in TP moves by the mobs (colibri). So my question is: Is auspice worth keeping up every 3 minutes?

Yes.
I'm only lv 60 right now, but I've been soloing and duoing since lv 42ish. Lately I've been working on Lesser colibris to get my club and evasion up and have also been experimenting a bit with Auspice. I haven't really payed attention to TP, instead concentrated on accuracy. As long as Auspice doesn't wear after a few minutes my accuracy gets to the point where I don't miss the birds anymore. From what I can tell I think Afflatus Misery + Auspice only works for the WHM in regards to the additional damage and accuracy.