WoE Coins (Bismark LFM)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » WoE Coins (Bismark LFM)
WoE Coins (Bismark LFM)
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-07 13:15:13  
OK
i decided to get the WOE H2H weapon because i THOUGHT it would be easier and way faster.
I did WOE in JP time over the past week, we did mostly higher ones up to 15.I got some nice items like Prosilo belt and Elders grip, but guess what? in all these runs i only got a single coin of advancement, if i wouldve spend this time instead in Aby farming Chloris soloing it i would have at least have 5-10 buds.
So is there a better way to get coins ?
Is anyone intresetd to team up and farm them fastcast.
Also if i cant get 30 coind in like 1-2 days i consider not making a weaspon at all or try to find someone to team to farm Chloris -> glavoid, any takers?
Any tips?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-07 13:21:19  
Coins are more common in the lower-tier WoE runs. The upper tier runs tend to drop the items for 95 and 99 WoE weapons as well as nicer AH-salable items.

A day or two might be pushing it, but a week of WoE runs will probably yield you enough coins for several weapons. The issue being that it’s hard to push for one specific type of coin. But if you keep going you’ll generally get enough coins to do a few weapons at once.
By dedrummer000 2012-08-07 13:34:42  
Bismarck.Awezomeos said: »
OK
i decided to get the WOE H2H weapon because i THOUGHT it would be easier and way faster.

chloris may be a pain, but in my experience, WoE isnt much faster/easier
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-07 13:35:02  
Yea i got some other coins as well, but i dont need them lol. Does anyone have a idea what the best way is to farm coins low man, A strategy for solo or duo a flux?. I soloed some and hoped to get a Primeeval brew so i could finish it but no luck.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-08-07 13:38:04  
I Need WoE Coins ^^

SMN x3 can do Flux 7 Easy :D

I got SMN ^^ if needed /tell
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-07 13:39:52  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
I Need WoE Coins ^^

SMN x3 can do Flux 7 E
I Need WoE Coins ^^

SMN x3 can do Flux 7 Easy :D

I got SMN ^^ if needed /tell
OK cool

dedrummer000 said: »
OK

chloris may be a pain, but in my experience, WoE isnt much faster/easier
Thats what i realized as well lol. SE BARANCE
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-07 14:32:20  
WoE is "easier", just not necessarily "faster".

Tradeoff. Go.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-07 15:07:38  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Tradeoff. Go.

Not neccesarily.
I could easily farm and solo/box Chloris.
And then make shouts for Ulhadshi.
Wich on WOE you cant solo duo any flux.maby seven but thats it.
So actually i think farming 50 chloris buds and 50 ulhadshi fangs is more easy than getting 50 WOE coins. And also in my experience faster , and all that for a inferior weapon ........
 Bismarck.Zubuis
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2012-08-07 15:21:11  

Tradeoff. Go.

Not neccesarily.
So actually i think farming 50 chloris buds and 50 ulhadshi fangs is more easy than getting 50 WOE coins. And also in my experience faster , and all that for a inferior weapon ........

Pretty sure WoE weapons are 30 coins, not 50 coins but generally speaking I dont know if it changes things much. WoE weapons are mainly just luck, sometimes you can build them really fast, other times you cant.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-08-07 15:27:28  
Sounds like you'd be happier with an emp. And if you can box chloris you can easily box ulhuadshi.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-08 03:51:49  
Bismarck.Zubuis said: »

Tradeoff. Go.

Not neccesarily.

Pretty sure WoE weapons are 30 coins, not 50 coins but generally speaking I dont know if it changes things much. WoE weapons are mainly just luck, sometimes you can build them really fast, other times you cant.

I never said coins are 50 ;P, but droprate is terrible, i was lucky if i got 1 coin in 10 long runs.
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Sounds like you'd be happier with an emp. And if you can box chloris you can easily box ulhuadshi.

Propably but still very timeconsuming, ill propably not be able to finish it to 85 if i start it because my time is limited, and it will get very borinig after some time.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-08-08 04:34:31  
At least with emps you're not stuck with the randomness of coin drops. Just something to consider.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-08 04:44:10  
Honestly only WoE weapon worth it these days is gun, upgrading the last stages of these weapons are retardedly stupid, and apart from the gun, they're all rather bad if kept at lower stages..
H2H, might aswell merit SS.
Sword, might aswell merit Req.
Scythe, lol.
GS, lol.
GA, just merit Upheaval.
Katana, meh.
Dagger, meh.

As the gun uses wildfire, which is'nt based on weapon dmg, it'll be an ok option, but seeing as Armageddon is really simple to make, should really just do that instead.
I'm sorry, I know this is completely offtopic, but it's way better to just get a few people together and make emps than get people together to do woe for coins.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-08 05:30:16  
Wich on WOE you cant solo duo any flux.

DNC wants a word with you.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2012-08-08 05:30:19  
Took me about a 10 days or so to do Chloris triboxing -- did like 3 a day
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-08 10:43:48  
In my experience, if your going to do all the NM trials and VNM, may as well go big and get the 85/90 empyrean. Aftermath is absolutely worth it.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-08 10:47:01  
So wich flux you can clear solo?
Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Wich on WOE you cant solo duo any flux.

DNC wants a word with you.
So wich flux you can clear solo?

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
At least with emps you're not stuck with the randomness of coin drops. Just something to consider.
Yup it seems WoE is totally not worth it.

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
Took me about a 10 days or so to do Chloris triboxing -- did like 3 a day

Thx for the info, 10 loong days farming goldboxes in tharongy X_X
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2012-08-08 11:12:17  
I did the NMs and red procd
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-08 11:13:29  
ahh ok , i thought it would be faster to farm gold boxes?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-08 11:23:19  
Farming boxes is only really faster if you either have a huge amount of people or are farming both glavoid and chloris at the same time with 3+ people.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2012-08-08 11:58:52  
took me like a hour to red proc all the nms and kill 3 chloris

although i was pissed at him so i brewed him into oblivion
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2012-08-08 12:11:25  
Sorry dont mean to hijack your thread but I had a quick question. Is it possible to still solo for coin in WoE by killing just regular mobs? I saw a thread about needing to complete a flux to get a chest now. I was thinking of making a weapon or 2 and was hoping this could still be done solo on my down time since I get off work so much earlier than everyone else I know. Thanks
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-08 12:51:16  
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Sorry dont mean to hijack your thread but I had a quick question. Is it possible to still solo for coin in WoE by killing just regular mobs? I saw a thread about needing to complete a flux to get a chest now. I was thinking of making a weapon or 2 and was hoping this could still be done solo on my down time since I get off work so much earlier than everyone else I know. Thanks
nope :/ no you need to clear the walk and that together with the low droprate makes WoE weapons at least same as hard and timeconsuming as the real thing. thats SE Balance
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2012-08-08 13:08:09  
I see. Thanks for the quick reply. Sucks it wasnt the answer I was looking for :/
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-08-08 13:16:05  
Do flux 7 only , a few smn's is all that's needed. You will get coins to make a few weapons at the same time. It won't take more then a few nights if your on at Jp time. These are great weapons, there just not top teir, I have the h2h and it blows that crappy SS ws away while I farm a normal vere. You can use the other weapons on jobs you don't play much as a bonus.
 Bismarck.Vasch
user: heykojiro
By Bismarck.Vasch 2012-08-08 13:22:17  
I went in months ago thinking i'd throw together the GA just to have Ukko's Fury. Fast forward to present day, I have almost 30 of all types of coins, but only 2 glory... Such a waste of time.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-08-08 13:52:02  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Do flux 7 only , a few smn's is all that's needed. You will get coins to make a few weapons at the same time. It won't take more then a few nights if your on at Jp time. These are great weapons, there just not top teir, I have the h2h and it blows that crappy SS ws away while I farm a normal vere. You can use the other weapons on jobs you don't play much as a bonus.

i wish i could gather onyl 2 SMNs here on Bismarck
Bismarck.Vasch said: »
I went in months ago thinking i'd throw together the GA just to have Ukko's Fury. Fast forward to present day, I have almost 30 of all types of coins, but only 2 glory... Such a waste of time.
Im not surprised at all but sorry for you :/
 Leviathan.Emmm
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Emmm
By Leviathan.Emmm 2012-08-08 20:55:49  
Flux 5 can be done with five people. Flux 7 can be duo'd although i've only seen it with a very awesome RDM. The lower fluxes do yield more coins and so the draw to WOEs is different & competing for individuals. The lower fluxes are not all easy. Flux 3 and 8 will just get you killed without a large amount of people. I try to mix things up on the runs I do on Leviathan..... so people don't start screaming. We do: 3, 5, 7(sometimes), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15. The other fluxes just don't seem to be worth the time = money.
You can always talk to the moogle again and change your mind?