[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 29 30 31
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-31 20:54:49  
Bismarck.Coffeegood said: »
Camate please use your position to do good here, there's a lot of obvious CATACLYSMIC BAD DECISIONS here.
Camate has about as much weight with SE as your average delivery boy has with UPS. He's just a messenger.
[+]
By KothoftheHammer 2012-07-31 20:58:38  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Bismarck.Coffeegood said: »
Camate please use your position to do good here, there's a lot of obvious CATACLYSMIC BAD DECISIONS here.
Camate has about as much weight with SE as your average delivery boy has with UPS. He's just a messenger.
and boy does he get shot!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2012-07-31 20:58:58  
They really do all sound like 20 minute abilities, except maybe DRK, that one looks pretty good/better than/more useful(situational) than blood weapon, maybe if that was DRKs 2hr and make Blood Weapon 20 minutes

Edit**

I like NINs but I mean what, Mijin Gakure, yeah, and I guess THF is ok since its not PD, and RNGs isnt EES
By Jetackuu 2012-07-31 21:06:45  
BST would be useful to me who somehow always manages to bungle a run, the others seem kinda meh.
 Siren.Buddah
サーバ: Siren
user: Buddah278
By Siren.Buddah 2012-07-31 21:19:41  
An ability to zerg Predator Claws and you think the dmg/acc/att/recast wont be nerfed somehow by SE like they did to everything else "overpowered"?...

Wouldnt keep my hopes up, but fingers crossed. Id prefer Ramuh spam lock w/ Chaotic Strike anyway in the case of being able to BP back to back w/o penalty :/

Looks Fun: DRK (praying it stacks w/ SE), SMN, THF, RNG
Looks Situational: BST, DNC, PLD, NIN, SAM, COR, BRD
Meh, Not Interested: DRG, BLU, RDM, SCH, MNK, PUP, WHM, BLM, WAR

Wish SE took some suggestions at Fan Fests.

/cheers
By Naturebeckles 2012-07-31 21:26:01  
Some of these sound cool. SMN is cool, PUP is cool, DNC cool... some are horrible. War... the accuracy is nice, but the other thing? And THF gets another Trick Attack? WTF is that? And why does BST get to basically get Spirit Surge + RR? A non-mage job getting RR from a 2 hr? Somebody is sucking a developer's hoohah there. And unless DRK is getting a considerable amount of TP per hit... getting 2 or 3 TP per hit for 30 seconds or whatever would be garbage. Let's hope they don't ruin these are at least show better love to some jobs after the test server... >.>
By Latifah 2012-07-31 21:41:30  
i think reraise is important for bst, but most of them have tqilight set tho -_-
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-07-31 21:43:13  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
Because everyone else does it
LOL
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-07-31 21:44:28  
lol 9 pages already
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-31 22:14:32  
With the exception of DRG and SCH, I could probably suggest slight to moderate tweaks to make all of these 2hrs useful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2012-07-31 22:30:05  
Personally, like i said find whoever came up with these new 2hours. Shoot him,stab him and cut out his throat. I hate SE I want my damn scythe.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-07-31 22:32:54  
Wow, that's amazing. SE managed to think of the most useless BLU 2-hour. Every other suggestion, even the "give access to all BLU spells" suggestions, were better then that. SO disappointed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2012-07-31 23:03:50  
Awful.

They obviously took no player suggestions into consideration and just decided to come up with this bunch of terrible.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-07-31 23:33:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said: »
They really do all sound like 20 minute abilities, except maybe DRK, that one looks pretty good/better than/more useful(situational) than blood weapon, maybe if that was DRKs 2hr and make Blood Weapon 20 minutes

Edit**

I like NINs but I mean what, Mijin Gakure, yeah, and I guess THF is ok since its not PD, and RNGs isnt EES
If they were 20 mins long MNK new 2hr is gona be awesome for nyzul.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-07-31 23:43:59  
Fenrir.Mefuki said: »
Wow, that's amazing. SE managed to think of the most useless BLU 2-hour. Every other suggestion, even the "give access to all BLU spells" suggestions, were better then that. SO disappointed.

But think of all the Bloodrakes!
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2012-07-31 23:50:00  
So wait let me get this straight for Blu.
We are given the ability to cast spells that are generally less useful than the spells we can set?

Not to mention the cooldowns on these are like 30secs?

I was going to say I'd laugh if the 2hr lasts less than 3 minutes then stopped myself and just was sad.
 Fenrir.Gukai
user: Gukai
By Fenrir.Gukai 2012-08-01 00:00:12  
Not impressed for something thats supposed to a 2hr, theres no epicness
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-01 00:08:47  
If I still played Id be excited for the summoner one.

I still wish I played alot.
By Jamesy 2012-08-01 00:17:31  
so the new scholar 2hr will be Libra(lolterribleversion2)?
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-08-01 00:19:42  
SCH 2hr will be fun. . .
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-01 00:20:18  
How is scanning enmity even remotely close to transfering it? It actually sounds like a great 2hour if people didn't lean on embrava strategies so much.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-01 00:23:15  
Would be more interesting if hate didn't cap. As things stand it's sort-of useful if somebody *** up in a fight with adds as long as you weren't trying to supertank them... which isn't all that often. Provenance BCs, can't think of much else.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-08-01 00:23:38  
Odin.Minefield said: »
SCH 2hr will be fun. . .
That WHM called me fat...

I told the NM to rape him.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-01 00:25:53  
Well I understand there is a cap, but it also sets everybody in your party's enmity back to 0. Which helps for at least a lil bit. Sch is the strategic mage, and that's a very well thought out 2h I think. It just won't see much use due to Embrava.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-08-01 00:50:10  
DNC looks great for those with twashtar

seems like most of the complaints are because they are either a) not for zerging or b) not useful in every situation

i dont think everything thats put in the game should be used for zerging.. actually i dont even think zerging should exist in the game.

that being said, some are pretty odd.. blu.. brd etc. but sch seems ok, either erasing all hate and puting it on the tank, or acting as a mass trick attack for x amount of time. of course, no one will see it that way because they need to zerg
[+]
By ZerroTol 2012-08-01 04:34:29  
Drg gets shafted yet again. Let's pick this new 2 hour apart.

First, completely restoring wyvern hp. Seeing as you can recall your wyvern every 20 minutes, wyverns only need to last 20 at most without dieing. While wyverns out, I hardly ever need to use spirit link to heal my wyvern, main use is TP. Also, with the release of steady wing, there's even less damage your wyvern will be taking in that time. Offers absolutally nothing.

Second, curing status ailments. I'm thinking when they say this, they are talking about the wyverns status, but I'm going to use player status instead. I'm using player status, because I think everyone understands if it's talking about wyvern status, this is even more useless than player status. Can someone confirm what this is? Anyways, if you're in a good alliance, you should have mages covering healing your status. Main use would be in soloing, but if soloing you should have defensive wyvern anyways. Defensive wyvern cures status when you WS. Not to mention the 2 hour retimer. So whether soloing or not, curing your ailments 1 time every 2 hours isn't going to do jack as you'll likely get hit with the same status within seconds. If it's wyvern status, spirit link already covers healing some of the status ailments, so again completely useless.

Lastly, increased wyvern stats. The only way this would be useful is if it increases wyvern stats by at least 3x. Seriously, my wyvern generally does about 200 damage on a regular hit. If this is only increasing damage by 50 points it's more than completely useless. No other stats really matter to me on my wyvern. As said, my wyvern almost never dies as is, so more def, etc. is useless.

If this shares a timer with spirit surge I would be shocked to see a drg use this ability more than the 1 time to try it.
I was really hoping SE would bring drg back into this game as a respected DD. I've done everything possible to keep my drg on par with other DDs, but drg seems to be falling further and further behind. The only way nowadays to be a respected dg that people will absolutally want in their end game events is if you have mythic weapon which is damn near impossible. I have absolutally no faith left in SE. Sorry about rant everyone, and to the BSTs out there, I feel your pain.
[+]
 Asura.Ezekial
サーバ: Asura
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2012-08-01 04:51:57  
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-01 04:53:57  
Or you could get a decent polearm and merit stardiver? I see drgs do a ton of dmg in VW with OaT polearm.
By ZerroTol 2012-08-01 05:04:07  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Or you could get a decent polearm and merit stardiver? I see drgs do a ton of dmg in VW with OaT polearm.

I have an 85 almost 90 Rhong and fully meritted stardiver. I'm also working on OaT. I said I've been able to stay on par, but I'm only speaking the truth. People don't go out of there way to get drg in party unless they need proc. Then SE sends more useless ***like this our way. The main point of the post was to say how useless this 2 hour is and hope SE will make some canges to it.
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-08-01 05:20:34  
So RDM gets a increase to duration and effect of enhancing magic, wait didnt rdm already have job ability composure that triples duration already. Pretty lame new 2 hour. Might be ok if duration triples for party members targeted and also stacks with composure for self targeting.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 29 30 31