フォーラム » FFXI » General » [dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30 31
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2012-07-31 14:00:06  
Let's be honest, DRK's 2hr is broken as ****. TP drain? Compared to how useless Bloodweapon is now in legion with PD and on PW with fanatics drink? that's deadly potent.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-31 14:00:22  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Can we not ***on them already?
Can we be real already? Assuming they will have shared recast with other 2hours(and there's no reason to think otherwise honestly..)most of those will never see the light of the day.
By Enuyasha 2012-07-31 14:03:51  
granted...most of these abilities are counter productive...and there are already job abilities that do this...and dont have a 2 hour recast...and dont eat another 2 hour in the process.... :|
 Cerberus.Cahlum
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-07-31 14:04:31  
Apart from COR SMN RNG WHM and possibly DRK MNK they all seem dreadful.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-07-31 14:04:36  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Can we not ***on them already?
Can we be real already? Assuming they will have shared recast with other 2hours(and there's no reason to think otherwise honestly..)most of those will never see the light of the day.

gonna have to agree here... some of them look inventive... but some just sound...

who the *** wrote the new 2hous? they need to be fired lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2012-07-31 14:05:07  
I mean i just don't know what goes through SE's mind.

Blue Mage needed something to help it deal better damage on mobs where spell damage isn't floored (any serious NM)

BRD... wat.

SCH... wat.

WHM i like thought tbh ;S if nothing else for legion lol >.<

dragoon, beast, dnc, pup, man what did we expect.
SE will never give us what we actually need in this game.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-07-31 14:06:24  
I'd actually throw PUP's in the good category.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-31 14:06:34  
WHERE ARE THE CANNONS I ASKED FOR?!?!
[+]
By Vijara 2012-07-31 14:07:38  
Personally I'm not all that upset about the new 2 hours. Maybe I'm in the minority here but hey, I'm excited for them.
By Enuyasha 2012-07-31 14:07:45  
Siren.Kyte said: »
I was going to type that exact thing...except WHMbot Benediction only being limited to the master and the puppet....i mean...cmon D:
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-07-31 14:09:01  
Unless they add more useful enhancing magic to RDM this 2hr is completely pointless for anything but soloing in my opinion. /le sigh
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-07-31 14:09:45  
The chainspell one is the most attractive. For physical damage Overdrive should still be better.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-31 14:09:57  
Enuyasha said: »
I was going to type that exact thing...except WHMbot Benediction only being limited to the master and the puppet....i mean...cmon D:
If it wasn't it'd be more powerful than WHM's lol. It's good that way. Soulsoother and Valoredge are pretty awesome imho. And chainspell isn't bad either for zerg.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2012-07-31 14:10:12  

Yeah, that's why i didn't like it :s.

But i mean, you're right. We don't know if they share timer, or if they are just extra, or what. I sure hope so, because if they don't share timers, aside from maybe a handful of good ones out of 20, nothing will change. No new jobs will get to stretch their legs at events and solo low man strategies on tougher things won't change either.

SCH will always pick embrava over... That.

BRD will always pick soul voice

SMN will always pick Alexander

etc etc.

Also Proth, What did you want to see for blue mage?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-31 14:10:52  
I'm nearly absolutely positive it was mentioned already that these will indeed share timers with our current 2hrs.

Bismarck.Kyokaku said: »

I ain't Proth but~ Blu needs something that'll eliminate pDIF penalties on higher level targets or some way to increase the attack of physical spells so that they're not redundant when fighting higher level targets.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-31 14:11:18  
Level 200 Woodworking, level 200 Smithing, level 200 Alchemy, level 190 Synergy, Workshop Guild [Master], Transportation Guild [Master] = Seha's Pirate Ship
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-31 14:12:02  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Level 200 Woodworking, level 200 Smithing, level 200 Alchemy, level 190 Synergy, Workshop Guild [Master], Transportation Guild [Master] = Seha's Pirate Ship
I can dream. *wears tricorne*
[+]
 Asura.Hit
サーバ: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2012-07-31 14:12:18  
whm's new ability is way better than it's old one. If it works for all status ailments whm is my new favorite job for stuff that spams lame status defects. (read: everything)
 Valefor.Rancor
サーバ: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-07-31 14:18:13  
Well... At least war and monk get something fun. Feel sorry for some of the jobs here... And I wonder if THF will depend 100% on having a person in front for activation :s
By Enuyasha 2012-07-31 14:24:19  

Yeah, that's why i didn't like it :s.

But i mean, you're right. We don't know if they share timer, or if they are just extra, or what. I sure hope so, because if they don't share timers, aside from maybe a handful of good ones out of 20, nothing will change. No new jobs will get to stretch their legs at events and solo low man strategies on tougher things won't change either.

SCH will always pick embrava over... That.

BRD will always pick soul voice

SMN will always pick Alexander

etc etc.

if they dont share timers...PUP just got a new machine gun magebot from RDMbot :<

brings forth new questions also: what are RNF and GEO's 2hr's going to do? im sure GEO will get a soul voice ability and RNF will get a Trance ability.....but it never hurts to ask :<
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 14:35:55  
Yeah I'm digging the chainspell rdm turban! And really, can you expect pup benediction to extend to party? Pup essentially got 5 hours in 1, they had to be limited in SOME capacity lol
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-31 14:36:02  
Can't wait until we can try these out to see what they actually do/how they actually work! As I am sure we all know, the descriptions of most two hours give almost no indication of how they're used and how they benefit us. Like, "speeds up attacks." BFD. Except Hundred Fists is awesome and fun. If they don't share timers, it will also be really cool to see what combinations of two hours are the most exciting. But even if they do share timers, it's still going to be neat to see how they all settle into their own little niches.
 Sylph.Hitsukun
By Sylph.Hitsukun 2012-07-31 14:37:47  
Yeah, that's why i didn't like it :s. But i mean, you're right. We don't know if they share timer, or if they are just extra, or what. I sure hope so, because if they don't share timers, aside from maybe a handful of good ones out of 20, nothing will change. No new jobs will get to stretch their legs at events and solo low man strategies on tougher things won't change either. SCH will always pick embrava over... That. BRD will always pick soul voice SMN will always pick Alexander etc etc. Also Proth, What did you want to see for blue mage?
Wrong! I pick chain-stun and BP zerg! (I generally solo, so PD is really of no use to me).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 14:42:14  

Something that doesn't suck would be a good start. A bonus to Blue Magic Attack and/or a portion of level correction being ignored so that physical Blue Magic is actually useful to some capacity on high level targets.

Access to all spells wouldn't be bad either assuming it's a decent duration and there's also some enhancement to spells cast while under its effect.
 Asura.Ruzoko
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2012-07-31 14:51:34  
As always Drk got horribly screwed over a TP version of blood weapon, that seriously is going to be of very little use to really anyone even blood weapon as is doesnt serve much a big purpose.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 14:54:05  
What? DRK's is very likely going to be the best of them all. That ***is straight up broken if it functions even close to the same way as Blood Weapon does.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-07-31 14:56:28  
pld got the shaft i think :(
No, it didn't.
 Asura.Ruzoko
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2012-07-31 14:57:44  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
What? DRK's is very likely going to be the best of them all. That ***is straight up broken if it functions even close to the same way as Blood Weapon does.
IF it functions the same way, IF it steals TP the enemy already has then it wont be as good as it seems, be really crappy if its anything like absorb TP, mob has no tp u get nadda.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-31 14:57:56  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
MNK: Grants a 100% counter-rate against regular attacks from enemies.

granted...most of these abilities are counter productive...and there are already job abilities that do this...and dont have a 2 hour recast...and dont eat another 2 hour in the process.... :|

I see wat u did thar.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 14:59:12  
Asura.Ruzoko said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
IF it functions the same way, IF it steals TP the enemy already has then it wont be as good as it seems, be really crappy if its anything like absorb TP, mob has no tp u get nadda.

You're ignoring the fact that its applications in any sort of content where you have more than 3 people swinging at something will be astronomical, both offensively and defensively. The description says steals TP, i.e., a DRK can potentially lock down a monster's use of TP completely for the duration of the JA.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30 31