users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » DEX or AGI
DEX or AGI
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-07-28 05:59:34  
Considering how easy merits are nowadays, put it in whichever you want. If you change your mind, go kill worms for a few hours.

(Post count 1? wtf, where'd my other count go? ; ; I looks like a noobie)
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-28 06:00:04  
[+]
By Peldin 2012-07-29 02:46:16  
Quote:
AGI is doing absolutely nothing for your BST in dynamis. DEX is buying you at least critical hit rate +1%
My bst is usually 1v1 or 1v2 a lot in dynamis. Usually what I do is proc a mob, then put my pet on it, then I grab another. While my pet is killing off the first and I'm trying to proc the second, the extra evasion would have me take less hits.

Quote:
Also, anyone who uses evasion / subtle blow as justification for meriting AGI deserves to be dragged behind the Chocobo Stables and beaten.
Anyone who thinks another player should be beaten for how they choose merits needs to take a LOOOOONG look at how serious they take this game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-29 02:53:03  
Merit how you want. If you don't like your set up. Dump it and re do!! EXP is nothing!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-29 03:10:49  
Peldin said: »
Quote:
AGI is doing absolutely nothing for your BST in dynamis. DEX is buying you at least critical hit rate +1%
My bst is usually 1v1 or 1v2 a lot in dynamis. Usually what I do is proc a mob, then put my pet on it, then I grab another. While my pet is killing off the first and I'm trying to proc the second, the extra evasion would have me take less hits.

Oh yeah! -3% enemy hit rate! So worth it! BST is not very evasive and stacking 6 evasion onto something not very evasive does jack ***. Evasion is only good when you have a lot of it.

Quote:
Quote:
Also, anyone who uses evasion / subtle blow as justification for meriting AGI deserves to be dragged behind the Chocobo Stables and beaten.
Anyone who thinks another player should be beaten for how they choose merits needs to take a LOOOOONG look at how serious they take this game.

Yes, because the mention of behind the Chocobo Stables as the location in which you should be beaten doesn't indicate hyberbole in any sense, whatsoever.

You're free to do what you want, but "I can do what I want!" is not an argument against something being asinine.
[+]
By Peldin 2012-07-29 06:33:23  
Quote:
Oh yeah! -3% enemy hit rate! So worth it! BST is not very evasive and stacking 6 evasion onto something not very evasive does jack ***. Evasion is only good when you have a lot of it.
There's no need to get excited or upset. I'm sorry if I got you riled up but it's just a forum discussion.
That aside, against EP in dynamis, BST do have a lot of evasion, so it does help. And evading some extra hits in dynamis will mean a little more tp for Ruinator.
With dex I'd get some accuracy (just as worthless as subtle blow with agi in dynamis) and a lil crit rate. The crit rate would help my auto attacks and may give the same damage increase as the extra tp from evading some hits.
Then, putting BST aside, AGI does nothing for my monk, but improves the damage of Exenterator and Blade: Hi. The crit from dex helps all my jobs, albeit in a smaller way. Considering monk is my main job and I don't have Blade: Hi yet anyway, I'll probably just keep dumping points in dex.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-29 12:08:52  
1.) Why are you fighting EPs when BST can get a higher yield fighting DCs without issue?

2.) Since when is it worth considering EP-- mobs in merit point setups

Anyway, at least you made the right decision~
By Peldin 2012-07-30 06:01:03  
Quote:
1.) Why are you fighting EPs when BST can get a higher yield fighting DCs without issue?
I didn't know DC were better. I made 199 coins last time I farmed Buburimu EP mobs. I only had competion that slowed me down the last 15 minutes or so but it was the best run I've had. I've done Valkurm EP mobs and I usually get anywhere from 150 to 180 coins depending on TE's and competition. I haven't really tried DC mobs. I just got my bard mule flagged for the COP dynamis zones so maybe I'll give it a shot. The only time I've fought DC mobs they just seemed to take a LOT longer to kill and cost me more pet food, but I didn't fight them for the full 2 hours so I haven't done any comparisons.

Quote:
That's the majority of what I fight. I don't have a linkshell so I haven't gone to any events except for shouts for VW. I've only done Bastok, Windurst, and Sandoria VW bosses so I don't have any experience with Jeuno, Zilart, etc. I've spent pretty much all my time either in Abyssea or Dynamis.
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-07-30 06:31:22  
why are we talking BST in a NIN thread?
 Leviathan.Madphx
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Madphx 2012-07-30 06:34:51  
DEX/STR > all
By Peldin 2012-07-30 10:44:07  
Quote:
why are we talking BST in a NIN thread?
Sometimes in conversations (and by extension - forum discussions) the topic of conversation can change. This actually happens a lot when discussing a game like FFXI because the same character can, and usually does, have multiple jobs. Hope that enlightens you if you happen to see this phenomenon happen again.
By Aikawa 2012-07-30 11:25:52  
I went STR/AGI, I only have Kannagi and Armageddon. (and lolfarsha if that counts..)
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2012-08-02 09:20:24  
Every thread I go in today whether I post/not I've seen something about BST.

Can we wipe these *** off the earth pleasee :(

STR/DEX Though..
[+]
By Peldin 2012-08-04 16:35:13  
Quote:
Every thread I go in today whether I post/not I've seen something about BST.

Can we wipe these *** off the earth pleasee :(
lol, someone's mad
By sefalon 2012-08-04 17:20:51  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I will assume you got your information from other BSt since you do not have it leveled. Bst jugs get shredded by Dc mobs. It is not recommended to do Dc in dynamis at all unless you roll with others. To make it on DC requires full PD sets and pet food (which cost gil). You should be rolling straight DD gear and axes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-08-04 17:31:32  
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Merit how you want. If you don't like your set up. Dump it and re do!! EXP is nothing!!

Even if people only play 2-3 days a week? But, only to log on for events and to just doing things with a static. :/

I have Str12/Dex12. Ranger is level, but not my favorite job...
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-04 17:38:48  
sefalon said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I will assume you got your information from other BSt since you do not have it leveled. Bst jugs get shredded by Dc mobs. It is not recommended to do Dc in dynamis at all unless you roll with others. To make it on DC requires full PD sets and pet food (which cost gil). You should be rolling straight DD gear and axes.

In which case #2