New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Bleach Manga thread [spoilers]
Bleach Manga thread [spoilers]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2013-06-19 04:18:13  
This whole chapter just to see him get 2 blades and thats it(not to say that we werent waiting for that, but to dedicate the whole chapter to that and nothing else) would have gotten more out of it had he recieved a slingshot as a zanpakuto...
By Ophannus 2013-06-19 04:20:03  
So now Ichigo is gonna be a dual wield character that wields swords of light and dark? Sigh...

Also if he never realy tapped into his Zanpakuto before wand was drawing only frojm Quincy powers this whole time, it doesn't explain how he was able to do his Final Getsuga Tenshos and stuff. Also I bet this means he's going to get a Quincy Cross; he's probably going to get a Bow too. Kind of annoying that Ichigo gets freaking every power in Bleach, he's like Megaman. He has Quincy powers, Shinigami powers, Hollow powers, he can Vizard Mask it up, he gets Hell powers in the Hell movie, and Fullbring Powers. It does get kind of repetitive/annoying that he's the freakin chosen one--masters every technique in 2 seconds that normally takes hundreds of years to master. Most of Ichigo's feats are eye-roll worthy. Like you're really gonna ***over respectable characters that have trained for thousands of years and have honed and mastered their techniques just because you're angry and wanna protect your stupid friends? /rantoff
By volkom 2013-06-19 04:20:35  
Wonder if each sword acts differently.
Like having 2 bankais
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-06-19 04:22:57  
Ophannus said: »
So now Ichigo is gonna be a dual wield character that wields swords of light and dark? Sigh...

Also if he never realy tapped into his Zanpakuto before wand was drawing only frojm Quincy powers this whole time, it doesn't explain how he was able to do his Final Getsuga Tenshos and stuff. Also I bet this means he's going to get a Quincy Cross; he's probably going to get a Bow too. Kind of annoying that Ichigo gets freaking every power in Bleach, he's like Megaman. He has Quincy powers, Shinigami powers, Hollow powers, he can Vizard Mask it up, he gets Hell powers in the Hell movie, and Fullbring Powers. It does get kind of repetitive/annoying that he's the freakin chosen one--masters every technique in 2 seconds that normally takes hundreds of years to master. Most of Ichigo's feats are eye-roll worthy. Like you're really gonna ***over respectable characters that have trained for thousands of years and have honed and mastered their techniques just because you're angry and wanna protect your stupid friends? /rantoff
Do you read shonen just to ***? Honestly this is what it's about. Don't like it? Move on.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-19 04:26:50  
Bleach is interesting for all the fights that the secondary characters can put up, but when it is all about Ichigo it gets damn boring. Hope these fillers are over, really need some action now.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-19 06:55:57  
I really wish he hadn't gotten two swords. He hasn't even trained in the use of two swords so now we'll probably get a dumb training arc too
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-06-19 10:26:41  
Knowing Ichigo, he'll have a flash-back montage of watching Shunsui fight and then instantly master it.

These tropes are relevant to Ichigo:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomenessByAnalysis
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EleventhHourSuperpower
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PossessionImpliesMastery
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InstantExpert
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SwordOfPlotAdvancement
By Ophannus 2013-06-19 11:57:57  
inb4 X-shaped Getsuga Tenshos made of a white and black getusga that intersect in the middle.
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-06-19 12:55:09  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bleach is interesting for all the fights that the secondary characters can put up, but when it is all about Ichigo it gets damn boring. Hope these fillers are over, really need some action now.

This pretty much nails the only real reason to read this manga for me. The chance to see the secondary characters like Zaraki Kenpachi, Byakuya, Yamamoto (even though I think it was a joke how he was downed so effortlessly by the quincy leader. Dont mind that he died but at least die as a result of an epic fight for ****sake if you're supposedly the strongest shinagami alive) fight are what keep bleach interesting to me. This manga is pretty much like DBZ where the main character is a god that can do everything and has no real weakness or limitations. I never really did like characters like that (was a vegeta fan rather than goku lol) but the only real reason to watch/read stuff like DBZ or Bleach are for the fight sequences anyway (as DBZ storyline is full of holes and Bleach has an uncanny ability to say so little using so many pages). That being the case I cant wait to see the now captain commander shinsui go full out in a battle for once. Him and byakuya have always been my two favorite characters in this series.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-06-19 13:19:41  
Enemy steals bankai?

USE BANKAI TO KILL THEM!

Byakuya and CC were supposed to be smarter than that.
 Asura.Sabishii
サーバ: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2013-06-19 22:18:29  
Ophannus said: »

Actually, if you think about it this way, Ichigo using Final Getsuga Tenshou being an actual Quincy Power makes perfect sense.

No other shinigami had a special form that gave them god powers at the cost of losing their power afterwards. None of them. The Shinigami all used their bankai and didn't lose their power.

Now way back during the soul society arc, Uryu Ishida used his quincy glove to increase his power, then took it off to use the Quincy: Letzt Stil (Final Form) technique and he beat the crap out of Captain Kurotsuchi with an uber arrow. Then he lost his powers until his father was able to make Uryu regain his powers.

See what I'm getting at?

The Final Getsuga Tenshou WAS Quincy Final Form.

They both created a huge boost in power, while causing the user to lose their reiatsu forever*.

*Until both their fathers were able to cause them to regain their strength again and become even stronger in typical shounen fashion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-06-19 22:39:02  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Enemy steals bankai?

USE BANKAI TO KILL THEM!

Byakuya and CC were supposed to be smarter than that.
They, clearly, aren't strong enough to take them on without bankai.

Beyond that, Yamamoto believed what they could steal was based off their power, thus believing himself to be above the Quincies ability to steal from.
 Asura.Ezrin
サーバ: Asura
user: Dioxide
By Asura.Ezrin 2013-06-19 22:47:29  
Asura.Sabishii said: »
Actually, if you think about it this way, Ichigo using Final Getsuga Tenshou being an actual Quincy Power makes perfect sense.

No other shinigami had a special form that gave them god powers at the cost of losing their power afterwards. None of them. The Shinigami all used their bankai and didn't lose their power.

Now way back during the soul society arc, Uryu Ishida used his quincy glove to increase his power, then took it off to use the Quincy: Letzt Stil (Final Form) technique and he beat the crap out of Captain Kurotsuchi with an uber arrow. Then he lost his powers until his father was able to make Uryu regain his powers.

See what I'm getting at?

The Final Getsuga Tenshou WAS Quincy Final Form.

They both created a huge boost in power, while causing the user to lose their reiatsu forever*.

*Until both their fathers were able to cause them to regain their strength again and become even stronger in typical shounen fashion.
That actually makes a lot of sense, I like the way you think.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2013-06-26 19:20:43  
Asura.Sabishii said: »

Its hard to say, I think its a little of column A and a little of column B. Remember the Getsuga Tenshou comes from his father. His father was also the one that told him what he had to do in order to learn the Final Getsuga Tenshou, his father is not a quincy.

We havent seen Isshin's Bankai, nor his Final getsuga tenshou or if he ever mastered it, we know he is aware of it, so chances are he did.

I do agree though the losing Quincy powers and him losing his powers make sense. His Final Getsuga could probably different than his fathers due to that.
[+]
 Odin.Boleslaus
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-06-26 19:28:03  
isshin lost his powers to help his future wife so the quincy theory would be one of the logical choices on why it would effect ichigo like that but i doubt it will ever get explained now just have to wait n see. im more curioyse on what kenpachi bankai is gonna be >.>
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-06-30 17:56:31  
This latest chapter actually managed to somehow make yamamoto even more pathetic. Not only was he disposed of effortlessly by the quincy leader but it seems he even failed to kill those clowns I thought he roasted who jumped in when he attacked the fake yhwach (or whatever the quincy leader's name is).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-06-30 18:09:34  
the whole series dipped down hill when gin went...

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-30 18:46:12  
It dropped off well before that.
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-06-30 18:55:34  
At least the current arc isn't as bad as the Fourth Shinobi World War arc is in Naruto.
By Ophannus 2013-06-30 19:03:34  
inb4 Ishida is an Aizen-type dude whereby he was evil all along and suppressed his powers all this time to be close and 'monitor' Ichigo and all along Ishida could 1-shot final form Aizen whereas Ichigo had to struggle.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-06-30 19:33:54  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
At least the current arc isn't as bad as the Fourth Shinobi World War arc is in Naruto.

I actually thought the current arc in Naruto was ok, till Sasuke's b**ch move in deciding he wanted to be "good" again (gotta be the worst rival to a story's protaganist I have ever seen character wise). I'm sure this will be short-lived though as Sasuke is incredibly talented at letting himself become manipulated by anyone he meets so I'm expecting Madara to turn him again anyway. Regardless its been better than this snooze fest we been getting in Bleach. The flashback to Ichigo's mom was too long considering it hardly revealed anything new that we didn't already know and the story feels like its progressing at a snail's pace. Can't wait for this "training phase" part of the arc to be over already. Also found it amusing how all the captain's were treating Ichigo like a messiah eagerly anticipating his arrival during the quincy invasion only to be squashed like a bug by the second in command lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-03 07:04:18  
Too much annoying comedy in Bleach now
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-03 07:28:08  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
It dropped off well before that.
I enjoyed it a lot until Stark's death. The way he(they)went out and Aizen vs Ichigo was complete bs and Fillerbringer Arc was just disgusting. The prologue to this new arc is dragging way too long as well imo, should get to the battles already. I mean..that's the only reason we even read this manga <.<
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-07-03 14:11:03  
i'm seriously gonna start reading once a month. 6 lines of dialogue over 20 pages is just *** ridiculous.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-07-03 14:28:55  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i'm seriously gonna start reading once a month. 6 lines of dialogue over 20 pages is just *** ridiculous.

thats what I do. I treat most mangas like monthlys, because those are the best generally. Bleach isn't worth reading weekly.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-03 14:32:01  
I guess they killed off Ishida's dad or something? How is Ishida the last surviving Quincy?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-07-03 14:45:33  
Siren.Knivesz said: »
I guess they killed off Ishida's dad or something? How is Ishida the last surviving Quincy?

if i remember correctly. isihida's dad gave up being a quincy and there was the extermination of quincy's not loyal to the vandenrich or whatever. he's the only quincy not allied to juha bach.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-03 15:00:13  
Too bad Ulquiorra died, I liked his character
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-03 15:02:44  
Stark always seemed weaker than the second espada to me. I also questioned if he was even stronger than final form Ulquiorra (I say that because supposedly not even Aizen had seen Ulquiorra's final form). Stark didn't really put up much of a fight as the so called #1 ranked espada.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30