users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Beastmaster Related Question: Charm
Beastmaster Related Question: Charm
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-23 04:30:16  
I know that charm has a hidden skill level, and that people claim a 75job/BST can charm at the same rate they could as a 75 BST main. Or at least this used to be the case a year or two ago.

When i took every job to 37 i tried to solo Beastmaster but without leave i found myself frustrated. I joined a parties after level 24 all the way to 37 just because i didn't want to deal without leave or certain jug pets.

Well now i am ready to take the job further for maat's cap and i have this question:

How screwed am i on charm rates since i cheated level 24-37, and do i need to go do a skill up type adventure to correct this problem. Or was this a total fluke myth and i should be fine?

I'm finishing ranger to 50, then i plan to tackle BST and wish to know what steps to take.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-23 04:37:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Stack up on CHR gear and your charm is fine

also you misread. When they mean hidden skill lvl. It doesn't mean your skilling up charm!

It just means if I lvl my bst to 75! then I sub it with lets say PLD

I would be able to charm a mob with the same success rate then my 75 BST

so fire up any Question ya got I can help
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-23 04:42:33  
Hey did you try /sch?
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-23 04:43:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Dasva said:
Hey did you try /sch?

I did and it was awesome sauce +1
 Bahamut.Ahura
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ahura 2009-05-23 04:47:32  
/blu is nice too
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-23 05:08:01  
K so as long as i stack up on CHR like i always did things should be fine?

I appreciate the help i was worried about being able to solo properly and fail a ton of charms lol.
 Kujata.Erocent
サーバ: Kujata
user: Erocent
By Kujata.Erocent 2009-05-23 09:56:57  
Well being a 75 beastmaster there is a few things I could share with you. 1st: leave is 35 not 37. 2nd: you are gonna have mischarms (no getting around that, no matter what you CHR is or how high). 3rd: Stack CHR gear, the more CHR gear the better charm rates will be, there are plenty of foods that add chr also. 4th: when you hit 51 get an Appollo's staff (a must have for any beastmaster) hidden effect charm +15%. and lastly 5th: If you level beastmaster to 75 and then go /BST you can charm things with the skill of a 75 BST with less mischarms. I.E. If you only leveled BST to 37 and then used say 75 RDM/37 BSt you would be charming only as a 37 BST, things that con EP to your 75 would be tough to charm and wouldnt last very long. I hope this helps you. I also hope you continue on you beastmaster path... Its an awesome job!!!
[+]