Imperial Wootz Ingot (profits)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Imperial Wootz Ingot (profits)
Imperial Wootz Ingot (profits)
 Unicorn.Motokosun
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-05-23 02:39:58  
Ok so on my server of unicorn the profit margin hit an all-time high of 100k (yup 100k was the all-time high). with 100k profit i was able to make a decent profit crafting these. however there is these few smithers who feel 100k profit is to much (i only assume) and must keep increaseing Khroma Ores to the point that max profit is only 50k. At 50k it takes me roughly 18 successful synths to make up for a break synth (my breaks are ALWAYS full breaks).

I'm curious if any other servers have such a bad profit margin or if they also have smithers who just don't seem to like making a profit. (btw all the smithers who keep pushing k ore to make profit 50k are JP, is this a trend?)

I'd love any suggestions on how to communicate "let's keep price on mats low and ingots high"

Thx
 Seraph.Xurion
サーバ: Seraph
user: Xurion
By Seraph.Xurion 2009-05-24 03:30:25  
The problem you have is there are a lot more people who mine ore compared to those who synth ingots. Based on this fact, there is more supply and thus the price varies a lot.

It's not a case of people thinking 'I want the profit of Ingot makers to be less', but rather 'I want my ore profit to be more'.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-05-24 04:08:01  
ive noticed this problem happening mainly when someone is going for skillups and dont mind even a small loss if unavoidable... also lowering the profit lowers the number of people trying to get the materials, in theory.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-24 04:27:13  
Yeah its an HQ or die world out there has been for years. A couple of years ago you could at least make profit on the things you couldn't HQ for high lvl crafts but too many people finnally lvld/are lvling it and screwing everything up. I was actually making elemental beads when that started to happen. Luckily for me I was able to more or less dominate the market and for 1 or 2 was the entire market. So as people tried to raise the ingredients and lower the product I just mass produced over it. Worked nice for a few months until I had to take a break come back to going for decent profit to horrible loss
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-05-24 04:42:21  
Xurion said:
The problem you have is there are a lot more people who mine ore compared to those who synth ingots. Based on this fact, there is more supply and thus the price varies a lot.

It's not a case of people thinking 'I want the profit of Ingot makers to be less', but rather 'I want my ore profit to be more'.

Actually it is really hard to get Khroma Ore. Usually theres only 2-3 on that are over priced and don't sell. Most days there is only 10~20max selling per day.

What i think is there are some of these crafters who have deals with miners to sell directly to them.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-24 04:47:54  
Motokosun said:
Xurion said:

Actually it is really hard to get Khroma Ore. Usually theres only 2-3 on that are over priced and don't sell. Most days there is only 10~20max selling per day.

What i think is there are some of these crafters who have deals with miners to sell directly to them.

Very likely and not to uncommon on goods that don't sell fast and/or have rediculous tax to sell. Also the smithers can also be the miners. I used to remember most the woodworkers who made elemental staffs getting alot of there ore directly from goldsmithers
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-05-24 10:41:50  
Dasva said:
Motokosun said:
Xurion said:

Very likely and not to uncommon on goods that don't sell fast and/or have rediculous tax to sell. Also the smithers can also be the miners. I used to remember most the woodworkers who made elemental staffs getting alot of there ore directly from goldsmithers

That is a very good point. I did not stop to think they could be mining as well >.>

well i am looking forward to the influx of mog bonanza
 Seraph.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Seraph.Xurion 2009-05-24 18:35:44  
Motokosun said:

Ore is a lot easier to get nowadays.
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-05-24 18:51:37  
How about lowering the cost of Khroma, Wootz, and Ingots, and have easily accessible salvage bodies for all!
 Unicorn.Nintendo
user: nintendo
By Unicorn.Nintendo 2009-05-25 02:51:31  
Shindo said:
How about lowering the cost of Khroma, Wootz, and Ingots, and have easily accessible salvage bodies for all!

As a smither on unicorn i wouldnt be against lowering the price. but the ingot price will reflect off the ore material price.

However in about 1 month when mog bonanza winners pick there winnings there will be cheaper or and ingots. im hoping they drop as low as 500k for the ingot
 Diabolos.Matuyoga
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Matuyoga
By Diabolos.Matuyoga 2009-05-25 03:30:22  
Think of it this way.

The profit margin increased, correct? So crafters naturally jumped aboard and began buying huge amounts of Khroma ore. But, the huge demand for ore eventually caused a shortage on the AH, leading to an increase in price.

As for trying the keep the prices of materials low while keeping the price of ingots high, that isn't going to happen. Since the ingots are a skill up item, have no high quality, and are extremely difficult to obtain outside of crafting. It's safe to say that Imperial Wootz Ingots will always remain a synth that either breaks even or has a slight profit.

To make big money, you have to be willing to take big risks.
 Fairy.Zervilhaa
サーバ: Fairy
user: Zervilhaa
By Fairy.Zervilhaa 2009-05-31 18:43:13  
Well, as a 99 Smither who skilled up from 93 > 99 entirely on Imperial Wootz Ingots, i have to agree and disagree with some.

I made exactly 140 Ingots in those 6 levels, breaking a total of 4 (1 full break). On my server the price hovers around the 30k to 120k profit, depends on day and/or month, lately, with the raising of SSR droprate (among people finally getting all 3 bodies as well), prices gone up over 1mil (which i'm happy with that).
The thing is, i just didnt threw my ingots into AH without thinking, i saw the list during a week, and realized that only 2 or 3 more people were selling them. Solution? I talked with all of them, and we all combined a price to reach within 1 week, raising the price. Result? from a 35k profit, we managed to get a 130k profit within 2 weeks.
Everyone made gil, the miners, ISNM'ers, and dynamis members (wootz) the prices were steady on the ores, and we combined to not buy any ore above a certain amount of gil, raising our profits.

In theory this works, but you really need to heavily camp AH, for that no one else gets the Khromas, monopolizing the market sucessfully. Big issue at hands are the JP's that have no understanding in profits.. I have one in my server that managed to undercut himself 500k on haubs.. with no competition.. amazing.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-31 19:10:01  
Zervilhaa said:
I have one in my server that managed to undercut himself 500k on haubs.. with no competition.. amazing.

Some people are just gifted with annihilation... even if its of themselves.
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-31 19:22:07
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

1. Mine for Khroma

2. Dynamis Bastok for Wootz

3. Farm Clusters

4. ???

5. Profit.

But really, as usual, if you don't at least come up with some of the ingredients yourself, it's less profit. And the less profit it is, the more risk it is to even synth it considering the potential critical fail completely eliminating your profit.

Anything that you synth that only has a singular NQ possibility, is going to cost pretty close to the value of the ingredients as crafters aren't rare at all and the ones that do it for profit have to compete for the ones that will synth for free.

As far as people making up to 100k a pop this is mostly supply and demand for the crafters themselves who also take into account the possibility of loss in synth fails.

In otherwords, if you try to have a crafter synth you 12 of these ingots, its possible that you could lose 1 or even 2 of the khorma ores in the process.

So... the margin isn't as high as you think. Crafters that get these ingredients on their own, who see a much higher profit margin because they didn't BUY the ores, will be able to synth them for closer to the actual value of the ingredients.

Of course, a crafter that's only going to sell the finished product for the same price as the ingredients, might as well just sell the ingredients. So, he's going to try to make a little profit over that to make it worth while for him to risk synthing in the first place.

Bleh. I think you get the point. But yeah there's loss and risk of loss in these synths and a critical fail can eliminate the profit of an entire stack of synths, depending on how the ingredients were acquired.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-31 19:28:24  
True, but the drop rate on Khroma from ISNM has dropped since ANNM, and mining for Khroma is also a tedious endevour. Most of the crafters I know that craft high risk items like this supplement their gil income with items other than what they're risking. The downfall, as many have pointed out, is that a complete break will eliminate and obliterate (like my verbs? :D) any profits that the smith has pulled in thus far. Its only natural, then, that selling, say, bullets, desynthed darksteel ingots, haubys, etc in the off to build their funds should that break occur, they're not left penniless or scraping for another ingot synth.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-31 20:02:20  
Its a HQ or loss world unless your doing consumables. Deal with it. If you don't have an HQ for that synth too bad. If you happen to make money on the synth congrats. I could try a certain lvl 104 synth but im pretty sure even with 100% success its still a decent loss
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-31 20:06:23  
Crafting is a gamble, much like anything else in the game. You HQ and rape gil, you NQ and either win or lose depending on your farmed materials, or you break and fail. Personally, I never rate my crafting success by how much I make but how much I save. If I make 3 stacks of shihei pouches for free, then turn around and buy something off AH with the money I didn't spend for ninja tools, its a success on my part. More often then not, tools, food, or alchemy consumables can be farmed and synthed (especially when HQ'ed) faster than gil farming to buy these off AH.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-31 20:09:59  
Kyaaadaa said:
Crafting is a gamble, much like anything else in the game. You HQ and rape gil, you NQ and either win or lose depending on your farmed materials, or you break and fail. Personally, I never rate my crafting success by how much I make but how much I save. If I make 3 stacks of shihei pouches for free, then turn around and buy something off AH with the money I didn't spend for ninja tools, its a success on my part. More often then not, tools, food, or alchemy consumables can be farmed and synthed (especially when HQ'ed) faster than gil farming to buy these off AH.

A good way to look at it, and I agree completely. Yeah, leveling cooking ain't gonna make me a fortune selling ***on the AH...but it saves me a ton making my own food.

Sure, it ain't as cool as getting those huge deposits to my inbox...but gil saved is gil earned in my book ^^
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-31 20:11:12  
I haven't sold a huge deposit item yet. Most my gil comes from NPC actually, cuts the AH out completely. No waiting, no undercutting, no AH tax.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [317 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Boltmage
By Ramuh.Boltmage 2010-04-13 23:43:11  
WTB up to 12 Imperial Wootz Ingot on Asura server send me a PM if you do have any! no ore though must be ingots
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-04-13 23:52:12  
Ramuh.Boltmage said:
WTB up to 12 Imperial Wootz Ingot on Asura server send me a PM if you do have any! no ore though must be ingots

wow nerco bumped for this??
i hope this was a joke >.>;