First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 14:04:58  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
fyreus said: »
The sad part is that the job will be burned to 99 in 2 days of release so people will have as much knowledge and possibly skill as an abbysea burned blu. This is going to be interesting.
It's sadly way too true. People used to burn new jobs to 75 even way back in the day in just a few days. With Abyssea, some hardcore people are probably going to pull an all-nighter and hit 99 within a day.

If the job looks interesting enough for me to play it beyond a support job, I'll probably take it through the gauntlet (and might even do it anyway, just because I strongly oppose leeching). Though I have to say, the artifact equipment for it is already turning me off of the job.
You haven't imagined it on a taru yet. :o
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-23 14:05:05  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
fyreus said: »
The sad part is that the job will be burned to 99 in 2 days of release so people will have as much knowledge and possibly skill as an abbysea burned blu. This is going to be interesting.

To be fair, given we already know it's getting burnt to cap in record time since it's an option and players will take it if they desire, we'll probably know quite a bit before it goes live with the expansion due to people playtesting it on the test server for who knows how long in advance. I bet within three months from now we'll probably see them get both the new jobs up, if not sooner somehow, if they already snuck in the new zones on us.
You're assuming they're even putting the jobs on the test server. We don't have a precedent for what they do for a new expansion with the test server available.

They've been very good though with putting new content up in advance for players to mess with, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't put the new jobs up at least a week in advance. They've never been shy in the past to let players test the new jobs at past Fan Fests, assuming they're completed, so I figure they'll carry on that tradition with the test server as well, for feedback and to see how players will utilize them for content, so we don't have another LOLPUP situation.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-06-23 14:06:49  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
You haven't imagined it on a taru yet. :o
haha, true! Tarutaru have a weird way of making practically any equipment look at least "not ugly". Maybe I'll play it on my Taru character :3
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 14:25:45  
I'm formatting the OP atm, if you find anything I list to be a mistake, incorrect, or not confirmed yet to be true please tell me and I'll correct it.
 Odin.Almont
サーバ: Odin
user: Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-06-23 14:54:56  
Wow. I think I stared at that OP for a couple minutes, wondering if it was for real. Very interesting. /sigh if only I could get on & DO some of this stuff...
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 15:22:10  
Everybody really needs to get over themselves with this "lolpup" crap lol. Invite the job more than once before you condemn it for eternity lol. This new job looks great. Jess, why would the looks of AF turn you off to a job already? We got a toggle head display as it is, but wtf? Cosmetics would really deter you from playing a new interesting job?
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-23 15:36:16  
I love the hat.

I want one. IRL.

I'd wear it everywhere.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-23 15:38:48  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Everybody really needs to get over themselves with this "lolpup" crap lol. Invite the job more than once before you condemn it for eternity lol.

I put quite a bit of effort into my PUP, and it's still absolutely atrocious by comparison to virtually any serious DD.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-06-23 15:42:30  
Jess, why would the looks of AF turn you off to a job already? We got a toggle head display as it is, but wtf? Cosmetics would really deter you from playing a new interesting job?
Not really. I'm just saying it's not exactly making a good first impression on me lol. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. I know FFXI is kinda infamous for having hilariously skimpy gear, but this is the first job whose artifact equipment is almost entirely naked from the waist down.

If it's a lot of fun, I won't really care one way or the other. Just for right now, my hype and excitement for the job isn't really as big as it could have been if they showed us really cool AF. Like, when I first saw Corsair and Blue Mage, I was on the edge of my seat like "oh wow, these look so cool!" waaaay back in the day.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-06-23 15:44:26  
This job could be really fun if they do it right, it needs completely new spells/JA's though. I don't wanna see T4 ele spells(I have a blm for that). Maybe like ice-wall and stone-wall, a pro/shell that can stack on the normal spells. Maybe stuff like a dust storm(Potent AoE acc down)or thunder storm(potent random AoE stun) for like a minute or so.... Any kind of weather/terrain based spells/buffs, all while positioning yourself in the battlefield with those area effect buffs. And quit with the lolpup , only idiots can't grasp that its a great job.
 Bismarck.Funstealer
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2012-06-23 15:49:03  
this job will be leveld by everyone and only playable by 5% of people
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-23 15:51:08  
lol
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-06-23 15:53:39  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I love the hat.

I want one. IRL.

I'd wear it everywhere.

They have those sando-gasa hats (山道笠) in RL, but most were/are made of straw. :p
 Odin.Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-06-23 16:05:35  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Everybody really needs to get over themselves with this "lolpup" crap lol. Invite the job more than once before you condemn it for eternity lol.

I put quite a bit of effort into my PUP, and it's still absolutely atrocious by comparison to virtually any serious DD.

Interesting. I've known a couple PUPs who can outshine other DDs by a good amount, though I admit it was before the VW foolishnes.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-23 16:17:57  
Odin.Almont said: »

Interesting. I've known a couple PUPs who can outshine other DDs by a good amount, though I admit it was before the VW foolishnes.
So abyssea where pummel/smite are even more OP?
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-06-23 16:22:38  
[+]
 Odin.Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-06-23 16:24:33  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

No, I wouldn't bother using anything from Abyssea as any sort of an example.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-23 16:26:04  

Your PUP friends outperforming other players "that one time when.." does not mean PUP was ever a good job.

The physical design is terrible. That's really all there is to it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-23 16:26:44  

No, I wouldn't bother using anything from Abyssea as any sort of an example.
Then said PUP had much better gear than said non-PUP DDs.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 16:27:48  
Done with updating the OP for now~ I'll add more later.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-06-23 16:32:11  
Siren.Kalilla said: »

psst Strengths is spelt wrong D:
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 16:33:26  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

How dare you point out my mistakes ; ;!

ty <3
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-06-23 16:35:10  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

How dare you point out my mistakes ; ;!

ty <3

No prob :)
Nice work on that by the way, looks awesome!
 Odin.Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-06-23 16:50:58  
Minjo said:
Your PUP friends outperforming other players "that one time when.." does not mean PUP was ever a good job.

Austar said:
Then said PUP had much better gear than said non-PUP DDs.

You are both making assumptions, but whichever. My statement was just expressing an opinion based on my experiences w/ PUP, as Minjo originally did. I realize I'm wasting my time though and I'm not intending to derail the New Job thread.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-23 16:59:58  
Well if this is your WAR:

My PUP would walk all over it.

But if you put my PUP up against my MNK, would be laughably easy for my MNK to beat my PUP.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-23 17:02:49  
I don't know what else to tell you. We can(and have) demonstrated mathematically that PUP is not a competitive DD, so there were obviously other factors contributing to your friends' successes. The class is poorly designed for damage output.
 Asura.Dominate
サーバ: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Dominate 2012-06-23 17:06:19  
I'm so confused! I thought this was the Geomancer thread... :|
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-23 17:06:53  
Geomancer sucks.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 17:07:50  
Geomancer sucks.

On a serious note it looks like a really great support job.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-06-23 17:07:51  
it seems like this job will be a combination of cor/brd/smn

from what im seelng, an enhancer that uses the field around them to buff players. so its going to function similarly to how summoner's avitar favor works. but paired with the active abilityu of a cor roll or bell. should be amusing at the least
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10