New Items
users online
Cars n' Junk
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-06-21 18:31:51  

Lots of talk about cars in LOL pics... let's move the discussion!
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-06-21 18:32:20  
great song
By Wenuden 2012-06-21 18:42:27  
Now that we have this...

Shadowe Elrik said: »
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Yes and not to further the car debate but first. Lancer evo is 30k stock and a great car. with 20k in mods it can be as good as a GT-R (Which only lost to the corvette by seconds)

Im not saying the corvette isnt fast. I'm saying its overpriced. The evo is the best for its price. well people can argue WRX.. but they are the same lol. The GT-R with minor mods would of beat the corvette. they just race stock cars there.

Overall corvettes are overpriced. fast stock... but overpriced.
You cannot start to argue "with minor mods" in a car debate. For $10k a bolt on twin turbo system will take a stock LS2 Corvette to over 750hp to the wheels. For $65,000 you could have a street legal 8sec quarter-mile car that gets 25mpg. Again, mods are out of the question. Let's move any further car convos to PMs as this is the lol thread.

You can't compare a 750hp twin turbo LS2 to a car designed to make turns, like all of the other mentioned cars (Evo, GT-R, WRX). The talk that was going on was based around the ring. Sure, on the handful of nice long straights, that LS2 will peg 6th quick, but what happens when you have to feather it through the turns while the AWDs are going balls out in 2nd or 3rd? You get passed.

If you want a drag car, a stock/mild Vette will eat most decent AWDs. If you want a drivers car, you're better off with a GT-R, STi, or an Evo. Among other, cheaper, choices.
 Leviathan.Kajii
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2012-06-21 18:43:57  
[+]
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2012-06-21 18:46:16  
Evo with 20k in mods as good as a GT-R? Hahaha...

I own an Evo X, it's an amazing car. Let's not get carried away, though.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-06-21 19:08:41  
Leviathan.Kajii said: »

Thats a 400 hp evo, Also that is a European version. I was referring to the states where you can get it for 34k. My main point is the 60k you save from buying a GT-R you can put rebuilding a Evo to surpass it. With change left. And still be able to have a car full of friends pissing themselves while you take turns like a boss xD

Edit: Also i love the GT-R but the body needs a lil work... seems too corvette fat in the back.
 Valefor.Kungg
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2012-06-21 19:09:46  
M3!!! I don't know a damn thing about cars but I work at a BMW dealership and they are by far the most fun to drive xD
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2012-06-21 19:12:26  
I think the FQ is around the same price as a an Evo with 33k(what I got mine for lol) + 60k in mods. Doesn't matter if it's the Euro version or whatever, the mods are in the FQ that bring it to a level close to GT-R. Close, but not as good.

The AMS Evo X on the other hand will absolutely obliterate it a GT-R, but you're not getting on that level for 60k.
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2012-06-21 19:14:32  
Valefor.Kungg said: »
M3!!! I don't know a damn thing about cars but I work at a BMW dealership and they are by far the most fun to drive xD
To be honest I'd rather drive a 1M. I finally saw one yesterday on the way to work and it looks stunning!

I wouldn't complain about driving an M3 though haha performance and luxury... sexy.
 Phoenix.Ragmar
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ragmar
By Phoenix.Ragmar 2012-06-21 19:21:10  
I'll keep eating Evo's Vette's and nearly anything else street legal with my B18C1. I have about 20k into the engine, *** and suspension. Total investment of maybe 30k. I love the EVO mind you just bang for the buck you cant beat what you can do with a Honda. And yeah I still get 30 mpg on the highway^^
By Wenuden 2012-06-21 19:21:37  
To be honest I'd rather drive a 1M. I finally saw one yesterday on the way to work and it looks stunning!

I wouldn't complain about driving an M3 though haha performance and luxury... sexy.

That's the 1.xl turbo tiny car, yeah? Not a follower of BMW and don't feel like googling.
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2012-06-21 19:22:58  
Uh, I think so. It's the M version of their 1 series. I think it's twin turbo, I can be way off.
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2012-06-21 19:24:29  
Phoenix.Ragmar said: »
I'll keep eating Evo's Vette's and nearly anything else street legal with my B18C1. I have about 20k into the engine, *** and suspension. Total investment of maybe 30k. I love the EVO mind you just bang for the buck you cant beat what you can do with a Honda. And yeah I still get 30 mpg on the highway^^
I remember going to a time attack event out here in SoCal at Willow Springs Race Way and an Integra was lapping everyone! Including an R8. It was pretty awesome... also loud as f**k.
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2012-06-21 19:28:26  
You know whats funny.. I taught myself to drive stick on a 1M.... lol

stunning color sooo awesome
By Wenuden 2012-06-21 19:29:46  
Uh, I think so. It's the M version of their 1 series. I think it's twin turbo, I can be way off.

I looked it up.

a twin-turbo 3.0-liter in-line six delivering 335 hp and 332 pound-feet of torque—with brief computer-summoned overboost of 369 pound-feet

Not too shabby. I like the inline 6.
By Wenuden 2012-06-21 19:30:18  
You know whats funny.. I taught myself to drive stick on a 1M.... lol

stunning color sooo awesome

Poor poor car. lol
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2012-06-21 19:34:41  
LOL it wasn't that bad..
By Wenuden 2012-06-21 19:47:38  
I bet. Learning stick is simple as ***if someone has explained it to you verbally once and you're not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. But still, I'd rather not learn on a heavy clutch performance car.
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2012-06-21 19:55:15  
Yeah its not like I went into it blind I had an idea and a friend of mine took me out about 6 years ago and showed me a few things on his STR4.
 Shiva.Alikara
サーバ: Shiva
user: Alikara
By Shiva.Alikara 2012-06-21 21:27:28  
Whats with all the hate for Corvettes?

Sure the interior isn't as up to snuff as lets say a M5, but the drive-train is bullet proof, the torque is intoxicating, has one of the fastest lap times at the Nurburgring (7:19 vs. GTR 7:24) and ontop of all that it has racing pedigree (wins at Le Mans). It's not as opulent as an Aventador or 458, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-06-21 21:31:53  
Shiva.Alikara said: »

Sure the interior isn't as up to snuff as lets say a M5, but the drive-train is bullet proof, the torque is intoxicating, has one of the fastest lap times at the Nurburgring (7:19 vs. GTR 7:24) and ontop of all that it has racing pedigree (wins at Le Mans). It's not as opulent as an Aventador or 458, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
I've driven a Z06 and I'd say it was very lack luster. Felt a 911 or even my friends Evo was much more entertaining and fun.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-06-21 21:33:18  

Stop hating and drive one before dismissing it.

Who the hell could hate this?
[+]
 Shiva.Alikara
By Shiva.Alikara 2012-06-21 21:34:47  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »

I've driven a Z06 and I'd say it was very lack luster. Felt a 911 or even my friends Evo was much more entertaining and fun.

I guess it depends on the person then. I've driven a GT2 and a STI and I thought the c6 Z06 was a lot more fun.

EDIT: Just something about a LS7 makes me giddy like a child
 Phoenix.Ragmar
By Phoenix.Ragmar 2012-06-21 21:47:18  
Phoenix.Ragmar said: »
I remember going to a time attack event out here in SoCal at Willow Springs Race Way and an Integra was lapping everyone! Including an R8. It was pretty awesome... also loud as f**k.

Now take that same motor slap it in a 95 civic hatch and laugh at blowing away $100,000 dollar cars or the street or strip. And it's not hate so much on Vette's they sure are pretty. When you buy a Corvette you're buying the brand though not the performance. Sure there is some performance there but when a 2.3 liter motor blows that massive V8 off the road there is a real problem ... now consider the car that performs better costs less than half as much. You can drive a nicer looking car no doubt but you can't beat the bang for the buck of a Honda atm you just cant.

Also for higher dollar cars Toyota Supra 2JZ, Nissan Skyline RB26DETT, Mitsubishi 3000 GT all can be sitting on 1k street legal horse power for under 100,000 dollars.

Edit* Also cant forget the FD Mazda RX7
 Shiva.Alikara
By Shiva.Alikara 2012-06-21 21:58:15  
Mark IV Supras, R34s, and 3K Gts (well maybe not the 3KGT, friends have had them, and even though they're fast as all hell, they are unreliable as ****) are great cars. But with this discussion, it basically boils down to whoever has the biggest wallet or picks the race wins. EX: STI vs. Corvette on a wet circuit.

And speaking of cost on the vette's brand name, the base model can be had for around 40k (which is hella cheap), and at the other end of the scale is the ZR1 at around 120/130K, now the ZR1 is a special little child because the engine costs 29k, and the clear coat for it's carbon fiber costs 60k/gallon, and you also get carbon brakes. Now figure the cost of Ferraris and Lambos which aren't as reliable or have many more features, then who's paying more for a brand name?

EDITL You know what, that's a poor comparison, Ferrari's have a bunch of features and an extensive race history. But I'm just showing that there isn't just the brand name to the vette's cost.
[+]
By daemun 2012-06-21 22:05:26  
You keep talking small cars beating Vettes, keep in mind a stock Vettes curb weight is 4200lbs. The small cars you speak of are 2500-3200 lbs.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-06-21 22:26:15  

New cars are groovy and all, but you really don't know fun cars unless you drive something really really old. You've had a good time when you come home with soot on your face and slight carbon monoxide poisoning.

That being said, driving on pavement is for chumps. Driving on sand is where it is at :D

edit: One day I'll have money to fix my car up.

Because getting there no matter what is important also...
 Phoenix.Ragmar
By Phoenix.Ragmar 2012-06-21 22:39:33  
Shadowe Elrik said: »
You keep talking small cars beating Vettes, keep in mind a stock Vettes curb weight is 4200lbs. The small cars you speak of are 2500-3200 lbs.

Actually every car I named can sit more people than a Corvette. Yes they weigh less but I don't really see how that matters. What I'm talking about is performace and cost. Every car Ive talked about will out perform a Corvette in any situation and costs less money to do so. Not all of them will be a pretty. If we're not going to take cost into considerartion then I'm all about the Jaguar XJ220 always been a favorite of mine.
 Phoenix.Ragmar
By Phoenix.Ragmar 2012-06-21 22:45:59  
Mark IV Supras, R34s, and 3K Gts (well maybe not the 3KGT, friends have had them, and even though they're fast as all hell, they are unreliable as ****) are great cars. But with this discussion, it basically boils down to whoever has the biggest wallet or picks the race wins. EX: STI vs. Corvette on a wet circuit.

And speaking of cost on the vette's brand name, the base model can be had for around 40k (which is hella cheap), and at the other end of the scale is the ZR1 at around 120/130K, now the ZR1 is a special little child because the engine costs 29k, and the clear coat for it's carbon fiber costs 60k/gallon, and you also get carbon brakes. Now figure the cost of Ferraris and Lambos which aren't as reliable or have many more features, then who's paying more for a brand name?

EDITL You know what, that's a poor comparison, Ferrari's have a bunch of features and an extensive race history. But I'm just showing that there isn't just the brand name to the vette's cost.

I don't think if you took any of the cars I mentioned and built them properly, with the difference in costs of a Corvette, you would find any reliability issues.
 Shiva.Alikara
By Shiva.Alikara 2012-06-21 22:53:21  
I didn't build them. And the 3KGT is notorious for being unreliable.

Also Corvettes start at around 3400 pounds and less.
First Page 2 3