Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Stop liking what I don't like

no.
 Asura.Ruzoko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2012-06-17 14:35:23  
Here's to hoping these files don't end up being a bust, would be nice to see new areas on ffxi that aren't just remakes of previous zones/all use same music ~.~ aka abyssea
 Odin.Arkista
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-17 14:38:09  
Maybe these new zones are suppose to be where we get to play as beastmen.
By volkom 2012-06-17 14:39:22  
wait. they're adding new jobs to the game?
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:40:31  
volkom said: »

Seems to be the belief. Or people want new jobs at the very least and hoping they will come with the expansion.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-17 14:41:05  
I'm personally not expecting the play as a monster thing to be much more significant then pankration.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-06-17 14:42:11  
Don't forget that about six months ago SE hired about 12-15 new developers in Japan for FFXI. There was no further information as to what they would be doing but I doubt they needed 12-15 people to revamp the UI and create voidwatch mobs, this sounds like it can be something as grandose as new zones.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:43:22  
Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
Don't forget that about six months ago SE hired about 12-15 new developers in Japan for FFXI. There was no further information as to what they would be doing but I doubt they needed 12-15 people to revamp the UI and create voidwatch mobs, this sounds like it can be something as grandose as new zones.

Have a link to that? Generally never heard they hired more people.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:46:37  
Sylph.Kimble said: »

Link
[+]
 Asura.Krysanthia
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-06-17 14:49:50  
RUZZYYY!!!!!
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-06-17 14:49:56  
Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
Chemist is the job I'd want the most. For anyone who played the GW2 beta or has been following it at all, I'd like it to be similar to Engineer, with elixirs. Temps could regenerate through traits, and mix could be an ability to mix the temps into a different elixir. You could throw them for damage, use them for buffs or anything else.
That could be really interesting, as many items aren't very useful.
example:
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-06-17 14:51:55  
Asura.Krysanthia said: »
RUZZYYY!!!!!

Oh god who let you in here? =P
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:52:26  
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Chemist is the job I'd want the most. For anyone who played the GW2 beta or has been following it at all, I'd like it to be similar to Engineer, with elixirs. Temps could regenerate through traits, and mix could be an ability to mix the temps into a different elixir. You could throw them for damage, use them for buffs or anything else.
That could be really interesting, as many items aren't very useful.
example:

yup :) I've always wanted a chemist job. Being able to mix a potion and remedy together to make a new concoction that healed and removed a status ailment sounds fun. Preparing potions ready for a fight and then continuously mixing through battle until you have the correct elixirs for the situation at hand. Being able to use the traditional damaging items from FFIV for elemental damage. I'd love it. Doubt it will ever happen, but I'd love it.
By volkom 2012-06-17 15:02:38  
volkom said: »

Seems to be the belief. Or people want new jobs at the very least and hoping they will come with the expansion.

well new jobs might be cool. with maybe an overhaul on monk and drk. give monk's shunko and i'll be back in a heartbeat >_>
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-06-17 15:03:12  
Link
This. =P
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-17 15:04:50  
I don't mind if they won't add new jobs at all actually. If they do, cool, if not that's OK too, new zones to play in and explore for a month.

The dynamic of having a new job added is always fun however. Fun that lasts a good long time as you learn what to do on it, the best merits and gear for it, and optimal situations to use said job along with solo capability (if possible).

However, I do feel that adding jobs this time should be unlike the jobs added in the past-- they should be "complete" jobs, and have all artifact/relic/mythic/emp armor and weapons added at the same with, along with merits. The current playerbase will have no patience to wait for those things to be added months down the line.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-17 15:37:20  
lol i must not have seen my mistake Oz lol. and 2.0 isn't just a "patch". Utterly hilarious if think that's all it is.
 Cerberus.Quintow
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2012-06-17 15:38:31  
If they added a new job it would be the highest played job for a few weeks til everyone capped it out/skilled it up to blue. Wouldnt be that great of an entrance imo. Havent they always added 2 or more jobs at once? This would make it slightly better. But either way, Im all for anything new, especially something thatd take more than a week or month tops to accomplish and be a significant upgrade, rather than more side-grades or situational macro pieces. Actual, relic/mythic/empy armor/accessories that competes on the level of the weapons???? Speaking of which, more inventory prz.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-17 15:39:40  
Dang it, I'm gonna get topic banned for talkin about 14, even though it was in response to somebody else lol
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2012-06-17 15:46:18  
There will be blood
By Irohuro 2012-06-17 15:50:03  
there was someone who made a writeup of a chemist concept years ago, it was really good looking too, i'll see if i can find it.

edit: found it.
http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13974&sid=c7147f3a0272965dd0ab63aa387d0a46
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 15:58:04  
Iro Huro said: »
there was someone who made a writeup of a chemist concept years ago, it was really good looking too, i'll see if i can find it.

edit: found it.
http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13974&sid=c7147f3a0272965dd0ab63aa387d0a46

That sounds mad cool, I'd still love a mix job ability though, mixing multiple concoctions is such a chemist staple.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-17 16:01:25  
They could give mix to thief.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-17 16:06:11  
Chemist would be the only reasonable new job to add, as everything else is pretty much already covered(maybe morpher, but it's a stretch already).
Either way I think new jobs are the least realistic of our expectations.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-17 16:08:56  
Geomancer too! Would be hard to implement in this game probably, but it would be a cool addition
By Enuyasha 2012-06-17 16:31:47  
Leviathan.Joyroth said: »
Hmmm I wonder if the new "Play as a Monster" is how the job Mimic will play for FFXI.
Morpher...im calling it....

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Even if there were new jobs, everyone will have them 99 by day 2. Leveling a new and fresh job isn't even fun anymore, and just adds balance issues.
Just to address it, People will get 99 in a day then the mechanics will be figured out in the next day or even the same day. It shouldn't take a week for new content to be figured out.
By Irohuro 2012-06-17 17:47:12  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Geomancer too! Would be hard to implement in this game probably, but it would be a cool addition

SCH includes geomancer, what with storms and helices.

calculator?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-17 17:52:10  
Morpher, Geomancer and Chemist traits could all become aspects of the already present BLU, SCH and THF/COR classes respectively.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-17 18:25:30  
Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
I don't mind if they won't add new jobs at all actually. If they do, cool, if not that's OK too, new zones to play in and explore for a month.

thats good because there is no basis for believing SE is even thinking about adding a new job to XI.
By drwaffles 2012-06-17 18:31:40  
Link
This. =P

I can't see anything in that thread that indicates how many people were hired. Where did you get that 12-15 figure from?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14