言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Zones
New Zones
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
By zizek 2012-06-17 02:26:49  
so you think they would just all of a sudden add prototype jeuno to the gamefiles?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-06-17 03:03:41  
I look at that town and I swear it looks like the city from Sonic 2006
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2012-06-17 03:37:57  
Schwertzauberer said: »
Area 2.... "Stairs Town" 0.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "mansion" at the top is a Cathedral to Altana and looks just like the one in Sandy.

That stairs city really looks like Tavnazia... if you look at the opening movie picture, there's a river on the east, and the wall barricade which is barely shown in WDC's blog pic on the left edge of the pic, which the barricade is south in the movie pic.

Finally in the distance to the west, atop hills just like in the movie pic is the cathedral. I'd bank this is Tavnazia and they're finally giving it to us, the question though is how, as the beastmen pretty much destroyed the place.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cahlum
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-06-17 03:49:17  
Remember these are all dummy textures that will be replaced with their own original textures probably when the graphics team finishes them.

There is a possibility that its Jeuno and Tav in past but I can't see why they would add stuff to the WoTG expansion.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-17 04:51:53  
Omg there's houses and squares, must be rehash!!

/sarcasm

(I don't use the actual sarcasm font cause that thing is horrible and gives me headache).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 05:47:13  
Can't wait if it's an actual expansion. I really hope they add a new job or two with it.
 Odin.Maddii
サーバ: Odin
user: Maddi
By Odin.Maddii 2012-06-17 06:36:41  
Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
Can't wait if it's an actual expansion. I really hope they add a new job or two with it.

expansion yes, but jobs? i dunno, what new jobs could they possibly add?
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2012-06-17 06:53:34  
Even if new zones/jobs were added to an expansion, I think people would be let down. Level 99 by the end of the first day of release. Exploration of NM's in new zones to try and find datmined drops. If its nothing better than what is currently out there, it would be dead in a week. While I would love new places to screw around (since i mostly solo), I sadly think we'd have a bunch of new mobs that nobody ever kills unless somehow the xp rate was better than what is currently available. Look at WotG. Unless it was sync'd to colibri until Aht Urghan levels, I don't think anybody fought mobs unless it was to get a drop for a mission.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-17 07:08:08  
Odin.Maddii said: »

I think they announced that the next big thing they added, probably this, was going to be bigger then the add ons but not a full expansion a little while back. I don't have a link handy though so I could be wrong.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 07:12:32  

Chemist or a berserker perhaps? We still don't have a job with an A+ with great swords, and we lack many good supports.
 Odin.Maddii
user: Maddi
By Odin.Maddii 2012-06-17 07:13:43  
Asura.Ina said: »

I think they announced that the next big thing they added, probably this, was going to be bigger then the add ons but not a full expansion a little while back. I don't have a link handy though so I could be wrong.

i remember that quote. what i meant was/is, that i cant think of a new job spontaneously, that would really be "new" and add enough elements the other jobs dont cover yet.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-17 07:21:34  
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

The "mansion" at the top is a Cathedral to Altana and looks just like the one in Sandy.

That stairs city really looks like Tavnazia... if you look at the opening movie picture, there's a river on the east, and the wall barricade which is barely shown in WDC's blog pic on the left edge of the pic, which the barricade is south in the movie pic.

Finally in the distance to the west, atop hills just like in the movie pic is the cathedral. I'd bank this is Tavnazia and they're finally giving it to us, the question though is how, as the beastmen pretty much destroyed the place.
Well considering they have touched on alternate timelines and realities all ready for all we kno it could be one of them, but we can't really jump to any conclusions. for one thing the jungle and waterfall zones dot fit the topography of the tavnazian region. Also that open zone people are saying is unfinished or bland could be the wild plains of the mithran homeland several NPCs talk about. This is tanaka we are talking about here btw So anything really is up for grabs even the notion that he had the cities made to resemble tavnazia just to say in order to maintain balance Tavnazia whould never be accessible so here's a town that resembles it but is filled with Galka in speedos.
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-06-17 07:23:07  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Even if new zones/jobs were added to an expansion, I think people would be let down. Level 99 by the end of the first day of release. Exploration of NM's in new zones to try and find datmined drops. If its nothing better than what is currently out there, it would be dead in a week. While I would love new places to screw around (since i mostly solo), I sadly think we'd have a bunch of new mobs that nobody ever kills unless somehow the xp rate was better than what is currently available. Look at WotG. Unless it was sync'd to colibri until Aht Urghan levels, I don't think anybody fought mobs unless it was to get a drop for a mission.
This is kind of like saying let's not try to explore the bottom of the sea cause we don't think there would be anything down there. Knowing of a piece of gear or a weapon in advance also doesn't always mean you know the ways of obtainment. They could be very boring or amazingly fun and entertaining. Another thing is, just because it's the normal way of gaining experience now, doesn't mean its the only way. I'm fairly sure, yourself included, can say some of your best stories and memories was of doing something solo that no one has ever done or come fourth on some sort of post about.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-17 07:40:01  
One of the images looks like it could be jeuno as a village, its out on the water and you can see the bridges. Havn't read the whole thread so it migh thave been mentioned.
 Odin.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-06-17 07:50:39  
Providing these new zones are going to happen, and are not going to be things like Dyna or once in a blue moon type places then I'm all for it. There are still a few zones in the game that I haven't really been in probably due to horrendous monsters lurking or something, but I would very much like a new place to explore. New continent would be super, new missions, new quests things like that. They might even bring new foods, gear, crafts etc.

Also as a side note to those who went off on one about FFXIV: I had that game from release date, wasted my money on the collectors editions and upgrading my PC. However I will be going back to it when 2.0 comes out for one reason only; FREE trial. And after that, who knows. Depends on if it's actually a decent game, and if it's not it will go back on the shelf until the next free trial.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 08:05:36  
I'm looking forward to a new hub.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-17 08:16:26  
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

the datmined pics are pics of a port town, not a mountain town, the path to the cathedral is a mountain path, not stairs, the topography is all wrong for that to be Tavnazia.

not to mention that the size of that town would barely cover to the foot of the tavnazian's east hill, and the cathedral is on the west mountain, and the river is on the east, it just doesn't add up.

While I'd love to explore the area, that just doesn't look anything like it, aside from that there's a church on a hill.

Who knows, it may be more than one area, 9gb is a lot of space to work with, they could be adding it all, but the question is: why would they? did somebody at SE finally realize that revamping XI may be their only hope? or is the 2.0 of XIV almost done and they're finally working on XI with some of their profits from XI? who knows.

Only time will tell, but tbh to me the one pic kinda looked like bastok to me, with the way the layout was with the ground (not so much the buildings).
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-17 08:39:12  
as much as i'm hoping for a xi revamp I'm pretty sure it won't happen, new expansion maybe but i'm not going to hold my breath on that either ... game has been past it's prime for a while (although this could be something to bring back some people) the problem though as I saw stated was that even if they bring in some new party spots or new content ... their won't be much competition for it since everything is pretty much handed to you now.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-17 08:48:13  
Catnipthief Rygar said: »
as much as i'm hoping for a xi revamp I'm pretty sure it won't happen, new expansion maybe but i'm not going to hold my breath on that either ... game has been past it's prime for a while (although this could be something to bring back some people) the problem though as I saw stated was that even if they bring in some new party spots or new content ... their won't be much competition for it since everything is pretty much handed to you now.

a few people monopolizing certain content due to poor design vs a system where people can actually put in time and get stuff, isn't "had to work for it vs stuff handed to you"

The only thing I really miss about the old XI is that large groups of people that knew each other don't gather much anymore, good times good times. For a lot of people who can't play constantly the new XI is "better" in a sense that they don't have to sink all their time in order to get somewhere, the bad part of this is there isn't much for the hardcore crowd to do. short of complete several weapons, but that gets boring fast I'm sure. Gotta find a way to bring people together to accomplish things without screwing over the non hardcore players, think of it and maybe people can iron it out and submit it to SE, but all I see people do is bash bash bash without giving any actual input.

You know some actual balance instead of Tanaka's BALANCE!!!!!

(saying they should revert is pointless input, saying things should stay as is isn't real input either, as neither addresses a problem that we can just about all agree exists).
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-17 08:52:20  
I'd love to have content aimed toward both the laid back and the hardcore players instead of just the laid back people, I mean the fun of most of the content back then was sitting around waiting, or that epic 1.5 hour fight that made you want to quit (at least I liked it lol) it's nice that they are revamping things like einherjar (one of my most memorable and favorite events!) and nyzul, adding new storyline would just be icing on the cake in my opinion and might make me resub and actually get ***done if they did that.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-06-17 08:57:53  
maybe somehow design a system that has two different time needs, and the one that is less demanding on time have lower yields.

BUT I don't see Tanaka making that well, and it would require some sort of a higher restriction to prevent people from just going in the longer one and getting a better yield and leaving early, maybe put a 3 day timer one the one, and a 1 day timer on the other, hmm.

(Then again I'm still of the mindset that they should have offered both the old dyna and the new dyna, instead of just replacing it, but meh).
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-17 09:01:00  
Can someone just go and kill tanaka plox?

:|

I actually would have loved to see them keep old dyna, it wasn't my favorite event since most of the LS I was in ran it late as *** for me (9-10PM) so I was tired as hell already and having to stay up till 1AM... hnnnggggg.... but yeah it would have been nice to see that.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-06-17 09:23:32  
Hopefully someone will bring this subject @ the vanafest, but it needs more spreading. I don't feel like posting on ffxi official forums-_-
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2012-06-17 09:33:39  
Excuse me if it was already asked or said, but when were these dats put into the game files? Last update, or have they been there a while?
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 09:35:30  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Excuse me if it was already asked or said, but when were these dats put into the game files? Last update, or have they been there a while?

"ROM9 remained largely unnoticed when it was created, and a single file added to it in Feb this year. In March, another test server update added several files to ROM9 and this caught my attention, but we didn't really find anything about it.
Fast forward to late May, even more files were added to ROM9 but this slipped right under our noses.

They were actually zone files."
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2012-06-17 09:43:27  
Interesting, I was afraid they were just random files that have been in there forever like scrapped projects. They put them in there for a reason, why else would you use up precious space for our ps2 users. Thanks Ambivalent for clearing that up for me. ^^
By Jetackuu 2012-06-17 09:45:52  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Interesting, I was afraid they were just random files that have been in there forever like scrapped projects. They put them in there for a reason, why else would you use up precious space for our ps2 users. Thanks Ambivalent for clearing that up for me. ^^

1. the ps2's partition just almost doubled in size, it has a lot of empty unused area on it now.

2. it's already been said that these are in the test server's files.

tl;dr it has nothing to do with the ps2
[+]
 Lakshmi.Antonios
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2012-06-17 10:05:33  
Im excited about this i really hope its true :)
By Xorn 2012-06-17 10:45:36  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »

The only case I can think of where this isn't true is gear as you pointed out, but that's almost always either a) event related gear, in which they add to the data before hand because otherwise they'd have to time the event to occur at maintenance, or b) a piece of gear that's been added but the method of obtaining it was put on hold, such as Legion and VW:LC most recently.

Actually IIRC perle/aurore/teal were in the .dats well before Abyssea was released and caused just this kind of speculation.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14