First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2012-06-16 21:48:59  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Cerberus.Vaness said: »
I don't know if I missed discussion about this somewhere, but check this stuff out.

http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.sg/2012/06/ffxi-bgblog-mystery-of-rom9.html

Looks like SE might give me that reason to reactivate.
I've seen the website earlier and Honestly, I hope they aren't new areas.The game is old and outdated, they just really need to make a new one or make the entire game more "actual" >.<
They have a new game called FFXIV.
Yeah and it sucks even more then FFXI. I mean something REALLY new that doesn't look like a copy of the other games they made -_- Though the video they showed at E3 looked interesting.

PS.Maybe I am just tired to fight aggainst Behemoth in every damn SE game I played ;;
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-16 21:49:24  
There's nothing wrong with FFXI except for lack of good content, which can be fixed, especially with an entirely new expansion full of new zones and monsters and ***that isn't already *** up, They don't need a new game, they just need to stop being bad/lazy and make this one suck less.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 21:49:48  
Cerberus.Vaness said: »
Yeah and it sucks even more then FFXI. I mean something REALLY new that doesn't look like a copy of the other games they made -_- Though the video they showed at E3 looked interesting.

PS.Maybe I am just tired to fight aggainst Behemoth in every damn SE game I played ;;

I'm not going to go into that because I'm going to end up derailing my own thread.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2012-06-16 21:50:40  
I wonder how many times we're going to hear "this new MMO/expansion will kill FFXI" before FFXI is actually shut down.

People have been saying this crap for over five years and every time they think that this time they're actually right.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-16 21:51:47  
I've never really heard that phrase used >.>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-16 21:52:41  
Yeah... since nothing killed FFXI except itself and its mostly incompetent staff.

The only time I've ever heard "X new MMO will kill Y" is for WoW.
VIP
By alyria 2012-06-16 21:57:04  
Keep it FFXI topic. Leave FFXIV out. stay on the topic
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2012-06-16 21:57:42  
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
I wonder how many times we're going to hear "this new MMO/expansion will kill FFXI" before FFXI is actually shut down.

People have been saying this crap for over five years and every time they think that this time they're actually right.

Don't think I ever seen anyone saying that.But let's be honest here, putting new area or new real expension would just be a waste of money.
The game is old, the graphics are outdated and the playerbase keep getting smaller.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-16 21:58:27  
The more I look at the first zone as a preliminary design for Jeuno, the more convinced I am that's exactly what it is.
 Bismarck.Cicada
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-16 21:59:06  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
The more I look at the first zone as a preliminary design for Jeuno, the more convinced I am that's exactly what it is.
I thought that too.. its very Jeuno-y.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-16 21:59:25  
like I said I will reserve judgment until something official is announced.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 21:59:51  
Bridges are unique to Jeuno now? The bridges are the only thing that remind me of Jeuno.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-16 22:00:18  
So looking at how SE operates lately, I think I have an idea as to where this expansion of sorts may go. Perhaps they'll give us a new quest hub, but sell it as episodic content like they've kinda done with Abyssea and tested with the minis before that?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-16 22:00:31  
Did he say bridges?

Tbh I see where he's going with it. It really does seem reminiscent of a baby Jeuno.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 22:01:36  
Even if that conclusion was to be made, there's still the other 8 of them.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-16 22:02:23  
New expansion to the far east, new jobs Geomancer and Time mage
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-16 22:03:09  
Severely doubt it's the far east in any case. If anything it's the South/West.
By Enuyasha 2012-06-16 22:03:58  
Bridges are unique to Jeuno now? The bridges are the only thing that remind me of Jeuno.
I told you...here comes the "Reskin" Brigade. In all Honesty, I think SE put it in to make us /tinfoil....we shall see what they say at vanafest.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 22:04:00  
Also, the shape of the first town is nothing like Jeuno unless we count Ru'Lude.
 Bismarck.Cicada
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-16 22:05:52  
Maybe its various places and not one set country? D: The jungles make me think of the Mithra homeland but the cities don't look like they would fit.. or at least what I think they should look like. I'm more excited for the zone music if anything >____>
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-16 22:06:28  
Geo/Tmn wouldn't work in XI. That's kind of a tired argument I think. Unless they introduce haste3/haste-ga3 and slow3/slow-ga3 (and 4) Tmn wouldn't have enough spells to warrent a full job that other jobs don't already cover. There are only so many "time" based spells you can put in a game. Not enough to cover a 1-99 span anyways. And Geo? You had to be on that land to do those moves in tactics. There aren't enough terrains in XI to do that unless you have like 10 moves per terrain type.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-16 22:07:10  
Reusing assets isn't really that bad, if it means they have more space to work in new weapon skins as well as mob types. First the PS2 gets nearly double the space for XI, now these new hidden zones. The excitement is building up for the future!

...We still got Tanaka though, don't we?
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 22:09:31  
I'm not really worried about some zone similarities unless it's a complete rehash like Abyssea.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-16 22:09:48  
And even still, if they did add Tmn, haste2/3/4 would have to cap you on magic haste instantly or it wouldn't be used whatsoever. Then if it does, it wouldn't be balanced. And SE is all about balance.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-16 22:11:34  
Would rather not see new jobs tbh. A lot of the current ones aren't even balanced properly, adding more into the mix won't serve to repair that.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 22:13:43  
I completely forgot about the possibility of new jobs all together to be honest. I just don't see anything being worth it without overlapping another job.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-06-16 22:14:10  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Geo/Tmn wouldn't work in XI. That's kind of a tired argument I think. Unless they introduce haste3/haste-ga3 and slow3/slow-ga3 (and 4) Tmn wouldn't have enough spells to warrent a full job that other jobs don't already cover. There are only so many "time" based spells you can put in a game. Not enough to cover a 1-99 span anyways. And Geo? You had to be on that land to do those moves in tactics. There aren't enough terrains in XI to do that unless you have like 10 moves per terrain type.
Give me Morpher and Assassin...i would be happy as all ***.

Could use less mage and DD jobs that get knocked down because people are set in their strategies including only a handful of jobs. but meh.

As for "Time" magics...they could end with Stop and i'd be happy..but then again, why use that when we have Break and Sleep (which already dont stack).
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-16 22:14:21  

Don't question me
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-16 22:16:29  
Enuyasha said: »
Give me Morpher and Assassin...i would be happy as all ***.

Could use less mage and DD jobs that get knocked down because people are set in their strategies including only a handful of jobs. but meh.

As for "Time" magics...they could end with Stop and i'd be happy..but then again, why use that when we have Break and Sleep (which already dont stack).

Morpher too
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-16 22:20:03  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Severely doubt it's the far east in any case. If anything it's the South/West.

Smells of island (Olzhirya)

Architecture seems off from the in-game furnishings, but re-texturing would address that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14