フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Zones
New Zones
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-18 06:27:46  
Some people just get bored of stuff way faster than others, really.
People like me are the best costumers for MMO related games, because I can just keep going on forever without getting really bored for a long time.
Others need fresh stuff to do all the time, these are the customers that make updating\keeping these kind of games alive annoying for the companies that made them.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-18 06:28:09  
just hoping that it's not some lackluster addon or hastily put together thing (I mean the size and dare I say complexity of it?) looks good.

Only time will tell obviously and I actually am a bit excited to hear what it is.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-18 08:10:37  
Siren.Arioche said: »
I actually met Sage Sundi at a Square after-party during this years GDC and we talked a bit about the game. While he couldn't say too much about it, he did mention that there would be 2 big expansions coming in the future.
I know I'm pulling this back from a bit but there is a chance that by expansions they ment the game will expand as in adding new zones not as in an expansion pack.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-18 08:14:55  
That's very possible, Ina, as it was translated from something he said in japanese right there and then.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-18 08:15:16  
Yeah those words can be used in different context, I'd be happy with new areas to explore albeit I doubt that it'd be more then a weekend thing, new storyline expansion though? Yeah I'd buy it.
 Phoenix.Dinah
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dinah 2012-06-18 08:52:55  
I think it's worth mentioning that when they usually roll out an expansion, it can take months to over a year to actually see the closure of the main story tied to the expansion. CoP we didn't get access to Lumoria until a long time after CoP was released...and WotG took like 2 years to get the storyline completed on there. Perhaps they're cutting out the long wait and throwing out the entire expansion at once, 90%+ available to complete at release? I know it's probably a shunned thought, but why not some positivity up in this thread?
 Cerberus.Cahlum
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-06-18 09:02:39  
I doubt they will drag it out for 3 years like they did for WoTG. That would be suicidal
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-18 09:28:28  
Lets hope it isnt like the mini expansions and have to pay $9.99 each.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-18 09:29:30  
Odin.Arkista said: »
Lets hope it isnt like the mini expansions and have to pay $9.99 each.

That's my worry... sure it's a few new areas, but those could easily be rolled out over a few mini add-ons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: TyrantSyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn 2012-06-18 09:34:07  
It would be nice if they added the zones first, and than maybe expanded on it with a full fledged expansion once all the zone's where in place to cut down on the wait time's for content or story progression. Perhaps a bunch of quest threw out the zone's to get ppl started and familiar with the zone's off the break. And than hit us with a whole new story arc afterwards. Some new job's would be extra sweet. And seeing that the city appears to be a port. Maybe were finally see some new airship route's or even a chance to board that ship heading out of Norg.

Oh the possibilities.
By sprinkles84 2012-06-18 09:44:19  
It'd be nice if they finally add the areas mentioned quite a lot by NPC's and quest lines..

Mithra homelands and the such.. Maybe that guy blocking the port in Norg will finally let us through to the Ship that takes us to the harbour area pointed out in the blog?

Theres more than just Quon people!! I just hope TANAKA has reliased this
[+]
 Bismarck.Evilbob
サーバ: Bismarck
user: evilbob3
By Bismarck.Evilbob 2012-06-18 11:16:46  
I just hope its true... fingers crossed! Been waiting for something like this to happon for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time!
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-18 12:15:32  
If its an expansion like ToAU or CoP will do well to bring people back, as long as they can add content every few months to keep people interested.

If its an expansion like WoTG, will only get people to come back for a month or so tops to explore then cancel again.

Seems before, people would be willing to keep paying while waiting for new stuff. Now, people will just cancel their account for a few months, play other games, and wait for the next update to see if its worthwhile for them to come back.
By Ophannus 2012-06-18 12:24:54  
They dragged out WoTG for 3 *** years. Know what's even more sad?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-18 12:27:29  
and all we got was an earring, lol
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-18 12:28:21  
An amazing earring.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-18 12:35:54  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
An amazing earring.

A useful earring. Wouldn't go as far as to say amazing.

Could have at least given us more decent rings or something for doing the city story lines.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-18 12:38:30  
I'm not suffering through another long questline for just one more accessory.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-18 12:45:17  
Some people actually enjoy storylines for the stories though, and don't really care about the reward :p
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-18 12:58:31  
"Suffering through" seems odd to me. There are plenty of MMOs out there but I always viewed this as a Final Fantasy first and a MMO second. The story telling has always been a driving factor in the series.

I admit the add-ons were seriously lacking and didn't offer much, but the official expansions were well done. I loved CoP the first time through. ToAU was so fresh and had a lot of depth. Not just in the main story but you could literally walk around whitegate selecting NPCs and many gave quests that were just downright entertaining. (princess and the toad or the 3 guys and the love potion for examples).

It's true there was a sense of cop out for WotG. There was a lot of reskining of zones and mob. If you were able to get past that though you can see there was a lot of effort put into it. The cut-scenes were notches above what we had seen previously. The detailing that went into the timelines and some of the backstories and lore we always heard of were there. I must admit I'm a hardcore taru and always disliked sandy, but I did some of the Wotg Sandy quests to help some ls mates get their earrings and I loved following the young griffins.

tl;dr Love it or hate it, storytelling is at FF's core.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-18 13:07:19  
Ophannus said: »
They dragged out WoTG for 3 *** years. Know what's even more sad?
I get the feeling the might have written and designed the wotg main story kinda last minute... Right before it came out there was that one time event that had the 3 nations compeating. Sandy won and then sandy plays the biggest role in the main story. It might just be a coincidence that it worked out that way but idk I wouldn't be suprised.

Also keep in mind RL and in game time passage don't affect the story. A couple thousand years have passed in game since it was released.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-18 13:15:39  
WoTG was the end of my questing, I liked CoP and ToAU and Zilart, even though some of those rewards were lackluster and didn't endure the level cap increase, or werent even good at 75. But wotg was done poorly, too much running around, had lackluster rewards throughout, and I had to follow a bunch of useless kids around that got in my way more than anything. If not for the earring at the end I would never have wasted my time with it.

I'm sure these zones will come with a questline, but it had better be done a lot better than WoTG, and not dragged out for more than say...2 updates. I would understand if they split it in half over the period of 2013, but with the way people are leaving this game, any longer than that would be senseless.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-18 13:26:18  
Actually the WotG rewards kept up really well if you were doing them as they came out... Nothing in the way of gear eally but alot of them were the expensive items for gobbie bag upgrades. Doing it nowadays there isn't much to say for it but at the time it was either saveing you having to buy the item or letting you get your money back from buying it.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-06-18 13:39:53  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I'm not suffering through another long questline for just one more accessory.

I'm sure most of us have suffered through much more, for much less in terms of item utility. I'll honestly be fine with new zones either way as long as they come out with item upgrades for the majority of jobs. I think that is one of the biggest mistakes SE consistently makes. They can easily throw all kinds of stats and jobs, on all sorts of gear to make it so its guaranteed that everyone should want at least a handful of items from each update.

Its pretty disappointing seeing a major version update (such as neo-limbus/neo-odin), and being more excited about a level 1 event scythe than any of the other gear that was added.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-18 13:40:43  
Gil rewards were present in nearly all of the questlines, hardly anything to write home about.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-18 13:50:32  
I do questlines for the story.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really liked the WOTG storyline.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-18 13:53:29  
WotG was interesting, but there was way too much San d'oria involvement. Best thing about finishing it was never having to see Marakov, or whatever that stupid DNC's name was, ever again. My entire group seriously cheered over that more than winning.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 13:55:51  
I've always been more of a sucker for storyline than for ulterior content. WotG didn't have much longevity to it, but I loved doing the missions and the quests.

There was entirely too much a Zilart did it, though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-06-18 15:11:41  
I wounder if they are ever going to add on to the last verse mission. Would be intresting if they made wings and toau missions tie in to that
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2012-06-18 15:44:24  
WotG had so much potential, it just seems SE dragged their feet and dropped the ball while updating it.

There was so much speculation about how your actions in the past would affect the present. This could have been very cool if it was more then just pixies showing up.

Sandworm was an awesome idea. Different NM depending on zone with chance of HQ worm.
Waiting at the warp NPC for Ixion to pop and try to get it before another LS saw it, or spooked it.

I thought all that was fun, I really like the chase of getting the NM.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14