By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-06-15 16:25:23  
Soooo what does everyone use?
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-15 16:42:38  
brd doesnt need atmacite.

if anything go for defensive atmacite's with hp, mdb, damage taken traits such as Atmacite of Discipline, Atmacite of Provenance, Atmacite of the Shrewd, last 2 are really expensive cruor wise though. if just for brd, you prolly better off doing 2-3 cheap ones.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-15 16:49:31  
Use save tp / regain atmacites so you can trigger weapons and be useful between songs.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-15 16:49:43  
For the very rare times I've gone brd, I used coercion, preservation for refresh(percentage based temps aren't super helpful when you only have 200-300mp), and my 3rd is usually whatever DD atma I still have on lol. I always melee as long as we're getting refreshed temps and proc dagger/staff in between songs.
By Creecreelo 2012-06-15 17:10:02  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Use save tp / regain atmacites so you can trigger weapons and be useful between songs.

This.

Usually at the start I put on debuffs and spam magic like Dia II/Flash/Threnodies, calling out hints. Once we get the first red proc or if the extreme proc is really easy to get, then I usually head in to melee, putting in any dmg I can (generally with Plenitas Virga and Shattersoul/Retribution, depending on buffs/VWNM) and/or help with WS procs.

If songs are up and your party is stable, there really is no reason not to.

For the few mobs that don't really use AoE TP moves (such as Akvan and Qilin), it's also nice for the meleein Brd to be able to use Fool's instead of Fanatic's, since the Brd shouldn't be taking hate with their dmg. Fool's will block any AoE debuffs on the Brd and allow the Brd to quickly use Healing Mists/Cleric's drinks on the DDs around them to heal them from sleep/status effects/dmg.