[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-24 02:00:19  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Dunno if it's cool to cheer about someone having health issues. >_>

Sure the health issues are sad, I personally am more cheery about the fact that the new guy can desuckify my favorite MMO
[+]
 Cerberus.Melodi
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Melodi 2012-06-24 02:00:21  
Aww it's kinda lame he's leaving.

Balance issues aside.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-24 02:00:34  
I don't hate Tanaka as much as everyone else does. It's like people blaming Obama for everything. I hope he has a good life.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-24 02:00:47  
We have yet to see if the game will change much.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-06-24 02:00:49  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS

TANAKA IS LEAVING

holy ***, this may sound dickish but that's really the best news of the whole thing

Omg this means a lot for XI, like holy ***.

Ragnarok.Agerknux
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2012-06-24 02:01:18  
Putting the hate Tanaka aside. He did look like he's has been putting a lot of effort to look fine during Vanafest but could kind of tell there was something wrong (I thought he was just getting really old).
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-24 02:01:38  
Sounded like he was retiring all together because of health issues though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-24 02:02:05  
I thought it was just his personality tbh, I feel bad for him as a person but I'm very happy for the game itself.
 Cerberus.Thore
サーバ: Cerberus
user: thore147
By Cerberus.Thore 2012-06-24 02:02:28  
Dunno if it's cool to cheer about someone having health issues. >_>

I thought he looked a bit sick or something.. unless that's his usual face. Not to mention him leaving, when he brought out that other guy my first thought was "Who's that, his nephew?" lol...
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-24 02:02:29  
Wow, I should be glad that Tanaka is leaving, but...something tells me there could be someone worse to fill his footsteps.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-24 02:03:16  
idk, XIV's been looking way up lately, I don't think we have a lot to worry about
 Leviathan.Bassclef
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2012-06-24 02:03:21  
*is lost* I turned my eyes away from the livestream for a few seconds and Tanaka is apparently leaving XI?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-24 02:04:07  
The English stream said it at the very last second
 Bahamut.Airget
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Airget
By Bahamut.Airget 2012-06-24 02:04:41  
Yes don't knock Tanaka, keep in mind FFXI wuould prolly not exist without him so yea, you always got to the take the good with the bad lol.

Hopefully his health issues aren't to bad, but from everything I've heard at Vanafest it does show they are passionate about what they do, but they are passionate to a fault in the sense that they are to stubborn to change the ideas they enjoy lol.

But ya let's try and not sound dickish in the fact that he's leaving and respect all that he's done for the game, even if there are things you may not have agreed with you still have to remember he's one of the minds that made FF a reality.

Just take a look at all he's done for SE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiromichi_Tanaka

So ya I just hope we don't see a lot of childish responses about him leaving cause seriously he's one of the people that made the series possible without the group as a whole it's possible that the concept of FF could never have existed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2012-06-24 02:04:57  
Oh, no wonder. I didn't hear them over the Japanese livestream (their microphones pick up way less).
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-24 02:05:29  
We'll just have to take it as it is for now. It's new possibilities which doesn't imply anything positive or negative.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-24 02:07:31  
It's new possibilities that are exciting
[+]
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-06-24 02:08:38  
If you look at a pic of Tanaka from before Vana'fest, he looks terrible now. I was talking to my friend about how he looked like he was dying.

I feel bad for him. It's really just like people blaming obama for everything that's wrong with America.

Isn't Tanaka the one to thank for SoA? It really seems like VW and such was all just filler to hold us over while they remained tight lipped for this special event, and he caught flak for it the whole time.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-24 02:09:35  
Idk it's possible, I sort of regret my previous posts since the euphoria of the possible new horizon for FFXI took over me.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-24 02:09:53  
Let's just hope those possibilities don't leave us begging for Tanaka back. I'm not saying such a situation is likely, but it's not impossible.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-24 02:11:02  
Let's just hope those possibilities don't leave us begging for Tanaka back. I'm not saying such a situation is likely, but it's not impossible.

I think the servers would have shut down if things got that bad.
 Valefor.Altheav
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-06-24 02:11:55  
Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »
Did you get chills when the harp started playing in the opening song for the concert too? lol Man I almost teared up when I heard it in person. Distant Worlds was bucket list worthy for me haha.

I've gone to the concerts 5 times now, and have cried at each one.

The Prelude was never one of my favorite Final Fantasy songs. I liked it well enough, and it was certainly important to me because it's one of the most iconic songs in the series, but it's not something I would choose to listen to, really.

Until I saw the live, arranged version. It's so absolutely gorgeous. I have a playlist of calming music, and I really do need to add this version to it.

My favorite performance from the most recent concert I saw was Dancing Mad. The first time I heard it live I was kind of meh about it. What made the difference this time was the venue had an actual pipe organ. It was mind-blowingly good.

Bassclef, sorry to hear that your performers for Maria & Draco weren't that good. :( Last time I saw it performed, we had different ones, too, and they weren't as good as when it was premiered a few years back.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2012-06-24 02:13:55  
Valefor.Altheav said: »
Did you get chills when the harp started playing in the opening song for the concert too? lol Man I almost teared up when I heard it in person. Distant Worlds was bucket list worthy for me haha.

The Prelude was never one of my favorite Final Fantasy songs. I liked it well enough, and it was certainly important to me because it's one of the most iconic songs in the series, but it's not something I would choose to listen to, really.

Until I saw the live, arranged version. It's so absolutely gorgeous. I have a playlist of calming music, and I really do need to add this version to it.

My favorite performance from the most recent concert I saw was Dancing Mad. The first time I heard it live I was kind of meh about it. What made the difference this time was the venue had an actual pipe organ. It was mind-blowingly good.

Bassclef, sorry to hear that your performers for Maria & Draco weren't that good. :( Last time I saw it performed, we had different ones, too, and they weren't as good as when it was premiered a few years back.

The female soloist couldn't even sustain a whole note. ><

Her pitch was all over the place, too. I want to say it was stage fright, but as a person who also performed music on stage for years (in high school and college) it was unacceptable.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-24 02:14:43  
What do we know about Akihiko Matsui? It says he was the director of FFXI in 2010.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-06-24 02:14:59  
Leviathan.Bassclef said: »
Valefor.Altheav said: »

The female soloist couldn't even hold a good bravado. ><

Her pitch was all over the place, too. I want to say it was stage fright, but as a person who also performed music on stage for years (in high school and college) it was unacceptable.

not going to lie, actually noticed this a bit, but still thoroughly enjoyed it all the same.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-24 02:16:25  
What do we know about Akihiko Matsui? It says he was the director of FFXI in 2010.

afaik he was responsible for most of Abyssea
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2012-06-24 02:17:08  
He was. He was re-assigned to the position in XI after the public announcement of restructuring XIV and its dev team.

I could be wrong though.
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-06-24 02:19:28  
I hope we get more Cop/ToAH and LESS Abyssea. Whoever made abyssea should be canned.

The superpowers obsoleted gear, skill, mp management, and anything that wasn't engage, WS macro, or Cure V.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-24 02:20:22  
Thankfully, we have a full expansion ahead of us before we have to worry about another Abyssea happening.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 90 91 92