フォーラム » FFXI » General » VanaFest 2012: Celebrating a Decade of FFXI
VanaFest 2012: Celebrating a Decade of FFXI
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 90 91 92
 Carbuncle.Crollion
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-06-23 11:53:23  
Looks like there ditching ps2 lol watch tw trailer at the end only says 360 pc lol about time if they do
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-23 11:54:28  
Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
Looks like there ditching ps2 lol watch tw trailer at the end only says 360 pc lol about time if they do
That's TBD. It says PS2 on the Japanese site. Besides it would change nothing if they did.
By Latifah 2012-06-23 11:58:41  
Carbuncle.Blazer said: »
Okay, I see all this new info about new jobs... new story line quests... new monsters... but who cares about all that?

The really important stuff has yet to be discussed:

1) Are they going to be bringing ballista to these new areas?
1 a) If yes, can we please get some brenner?

2) Pankration. Can we use these new mobs? Are we going to be able to battle our pankration monsters in this new continent?

^This my friends, this is the stuff that matters.
i wonder if anyone on the vanafest mentioned ballista and if they are going to change the current pvp system.. if thats pvp >.>
 Siren.Nodem
サーバ: Siren
user: Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 12:03:23  
Latifah said: »
Carbuncle.Blazer said: »
Okay, I see all this new info about new jobs... new story line quests... new monsters... but who cares about all that?

The really important stuff has yet to be discussed:

1) Are they going to be bringing ballista to these new areas?
1 a) If yes, can we please get some brenner?

2) Pankration. Can we use these new mobs? Are we going to be able to battle our pankration monsters in this new continent?

^This my friends, this is the stuff that matters.
i wonder if anyone on the vanafest mentioned ballista and if they are going to change the current pvp system.. if thats pvp >.>

I don't think any new PvP was mentioned. It seems they are trying to get us back to our roots and team up with others once more.

A Major part of this expansion will be "Reclaiming the Land" and making it habitable by people. Which means that team work will be a major factor in doing that. Might be a nice change of pace.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-06-23 12:15:40  
Bismarck.Cicada said: »
That's TBD. It says PS2 on the Japanese site. Besides it would change nothing if they did.

/sigh lol. I guess people won't be letting that go until the expansion comes out and people on PS2s are playing it.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 13:10:36  
Considering the forum is overrun with idiots atm, and with a continued lack of moderation, I'll see you guys tonite for the 2nd job.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 13:17:09  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Considering the forum is overrun with idiots atm, and with a continued lack of moderation, I'll see you guys tonite for the 2nd job.

unnecessarily post much? lol damn dude
 Bahamut.Airget
user: Airget
By Bahamut.Airget 2012-06-23 13:32:36  
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Bismarck.Cicada said: »

/sigh lol. I guess people won't be letting that go until the expansion comes out and people on PS2s are playing it.

You have to keep in mind the size of Europe and America compared to the size of japan. A quick google search says that Japan is about the size of montana(shown below) so if you look at that it's a lot easier to distribute ps2 disk in that small environment then it would be to distribute said disk throughout America or Europe which is most likely why they won't release the disk version here for the ps2.

While it does suck for ps2 users there is potential that perhaps with enough community input they may consider releasing ps2 disk in America through an online only order through their site, but you may end up having to pay 60 dollars for it to cover the cost of such a small production line. Unless they decide to put all version of said expansion onto the japanese disk, then you could just order the japanese disk and choose EN addition. Then they would just have to make sure the ps2 disk is region free.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2012-06-23 13:40:40  
There's no PS2 FFXI for Europe because SCEE never released the Hard Drive (and lol they were heavily against it, even).

They knew that HD Loader would happen. Eventually (2003) an European hacker made HDLoader and SCEE completely scrapped any chance of a European release of the Hard Drive and by obvious reasons, FFXI.
By Chyula 2012-06-23 13:42:05  
all right new expansion, more new crab!. I can't wait to fight more crab.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 13:43:36  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

It's true. :<
[+]
 Bahamut.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-06-23 13:45:44  
Chyula said: »

Never know, these crabs could be totally different! They could be green or pink. Totally different from before.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-23 13:49:31  
Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »

Possibly related to Kimble?

Ok... was that at all necessary?

I haven't called anyone an idiot. But im glad ive made that much of an impact on you that you thought of me :)
[+]
By Chyula 2012-06-23 13:58:49  
Bahamut.Slytribal said: »
Chyula said: »

Never know, these crabs could be totally different! They could be green or pink. Totally different from before.

oh PINK!!! hot!, I can't wait to fight some pink crab :)
 Asura.Psubond
サーバ: Asura
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2012-06-23 14:04:24  
Lakshmi.Stfutaru said: »
The last one's Dhalmel Stew and Iron Bread.

that looks freakin delicious. would definitely need a bigger bowl
 Odin.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-06-23 14:38:09  
I think in terms of PS2, it's about time people that are not in Japan upgrade to an actual real system to play this game on. It's not like 360's are actually expensive any more, and are a good option for those unable to afford a decent PC. I'm not trying to be mean to those using the PS2, but if the new expansion won't be released on PS2 outside of Japan, then they don't have much choice if they want to play it. Perhaps SE will make it a downloadable expansion for PS2 users?

Anyway, the new job they have announced doesn't really make me excited, we have enough jobs that use magic, special abilities, buff others etc. I think it's time we had another job that has a bit of clout, but can also be a good soloer. I am quite looking forward to any new missions and gear that will come out of this expansion.
 Siren.Nodem
user: Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 14:53:53  
I'm thinking they won't sell the hard copy CD's for PS2 outside of Japan, but PS2 users will still be able to buy the content and download it to their PS2 to play on.

It's not about phasing the PS2 out, as we know it will still be set to PS2 levels since JP's will be playing on it. It's about availability for the disks.

Everybody by now has a Square Enix account, so has access to a computer in some form. Also, the PS2 users will still be downloading this content when they update it for the new expansion.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-06-23 16:00:14  
For those that missed the earlier concert performance from yesterday (the Nana Mihgo's trio) they put up a youtube link to it...

...sorry in advance if this was already posted somewhere, just thought I'd share as it was pretty awesome. ^^
[+]
 Bahamut.Itze
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-06-23 16:23:59  

Dat moogle ***
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-23 17:00:11  
Where is the link to the stream? (when it starts up again)
 Shiva.Octorok
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Octorok 2012-06-23 17:02:36  
On the first page of this thread
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-23 18:14:29  
So uhm...about the recorded NA coverage of last night?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 18:18:32  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
So uhm...about the recorded NA coverage of last night?
They said they had problems with capturing the recording and may or may not be able to save any of it.

Sorry seha :(
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-23 18:19:30  
;; well, I hope you guys will post everything they say/said then!
 Cerberus.Cahlum
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-06-23 18:22:37  
Surely someone would have recorded the stream?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 18:23:57  
VanaFest Day 2 will begin in ~66 minutes
 Siren.Hellscream
By Siren.Hellscream 2012-06-23 18:24:27  

I can give you a general prediction. The JP chick will say EHHHH and SUGOI a lot >.>
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-23 18:38:37  
Siren.Hellscream said: »

I can give you a general prediction. The JP chick will say EHHHH and SUGOI a lot >.>
Followed by "so desu ne", "hai" and "oooooo".
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 90 91 92