users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » VanaFest 2012: Celebrating a Decade of FFXI
VanaFest 2012: Celebrating a Decade of FFXI
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 90 91 92
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 01:38:31  
Cerberus.Melodi said: »
Artemicion said: »
Cerberus.Melodi said: »
Stop giving me horrible ideas of maybe taking a trip over there when the time comes.
I would gladly shack up in a motel 8 50miles away from chi-town to see it.

Oh wait my sister lives there...

TIME TO VISIT MY FAMILY!

If for whatever reason my friend ends up having finals or mid-terms and cannot attend, I'll bear you in mind lol. Also it's weird, last year I went with 5 of my friends, two of which both had sisters (and a place to stay) in Chicago. Small world eh?

Indeed Indeed.
That or it's a town where siblings converge or something lol

I know Philly is the city of brotherly love, but it would seem Chicago is the city of sisterly love xD
But yeah, keep in touch. I have a bad feeling the VIP tickets are segregated from other seats, so I won't be able to attend with all my buddies if I get the VIPs. /sadface
We'll see, I'll bug the venue before I buy to know for sure.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 01:38:55  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
how is geo taking away anything from anybody when they specifically stated that all geo abilities stack? (btw sublimation + geo refresh = THE SEX now)

To maximize buffs a party would prolly look like GEO, BRD or COR, WHM, DD, leaving no room for a rdm.
Wouldn't the GEO's effects go outside the pt limits though?
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-23 01:39:40  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
how is geo taking away anything from anybody when they specifically stated that all geo abilities stack? (btw sublimation + geo refresh = THE SEX now)

To maximize buffs a party would prolly look like GEO, BRD or COR, WHM, DD, leaving no room for a rdm.
The buffs could definitely be alliance based or possibly open to anyone given the nature of them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 01:40:05  

Yes but it would come down to sufficiency. You wouldn't need the RDM for anything that the GEO could be doing on top of its newer, more shiny tricks.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-06-23 01:40:14  

To maximize buffs a party would prolly look like GEO, BRD or COR, WHM or SCH, DD, leaving no room for a rdm.

Unless, SE gets really smart and make some of the new NM's only able to receive damage from attacks that are ent-spelled. >_>
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 01:40:20  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »

The buffs could definitely be alliance based or even open to anyone given the nature of them.
That's what I was thinking when they were describing the job.

This would give room for RDM still.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-06-23 01:40:24  
Sylph.Kimble said: »
Couldn't they have just given geomancer stuff to RDM and not bother with adding a new job while making another job better and useful again?

meh I said the same thing about SCH stuff to whm+blm respectively but if they'd done that we all wouldnt be wasting the 2days it takes to abyssea burn a job to 99
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 01:40:47  

Thats a great question for the question thread, can a GEO cross party buff. COR and BRD cant, I honestly can't remember if rdm can cross party refresh, giving GEO that ability would further boost the job.
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 01:41:08  
The only way I can really see RDM having relevance again without either beating other jobs or itself with the balance stick is to become a potential offhand tank or utility like DD (think original NIN).
We'll see though, the future is a little too vague, but still looks rather grim for RDM's future.

Feel free to help me brainstorm and breathe potential life into our chapeau wearing brothers.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-23 01:41:43  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Couldn't they have just given geomancer stuff to RDM and not bother with adding a new job while making another job better and useful again?

I feel like geomancer's abilities would easier be given to SCH than RDM.

Not really so much the point. SCH has a niche, RDM doesn't anymore.
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-23 01:41:50  
From what I understand the buffs aren't given to a specific person, so it could very well be anyone within that sphere.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-06-23 01:41:55  
The only way I can really see RDM having relevance again without either beating other jobs or itself with the balance stick is to become a potential offhand tank or utility like DD (think original NIN).
We'll see though, the future is a little too vague, but still looks rather grim for RDM's future.

Feel free to help me brainstorm and breathe potential life into our chapeau wearing brothers.

Stoneskin expert?
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-23 01:41:57  

Patience man, lol. Like I was saying before jobs were even announced, SE won't have the intent to completely destroy a job like that. This was the same way SCH was when it was released too.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 01:42:45  
Carbuncle.Shokox said: »

Patience man, lol. Like I was saying before jobs were even announced, SE won't have the intent to completely destroy a job like that. This was the same way SCH was when it was released too.

RDM has been dead for 2+ years now so yeah.
 Siren.Nodem
user: Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 01:43:17  

I think I'm going to set aside my Hexagun's and Daggers and wear the Chapeau on the adventure to the new land.

It's either that or be told that RDM can't do anything once more.

Red Mages of Vana'diel are awaiting their time... THIS IS OUR TIME TO RISE!

I'm tired... Night~
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 01:43:35  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

Stoneskin expert?

It makes me sad, but I really can't think of anything. Perhaps RDM really did flatline for good.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 01:44:17  
Siren.Nodem said: »
Red Mages of Vana'diel are awaiting their time... THIS IS OUR TIME TO RISE!

After tonite I really dont understand how anyone could feel that way <.<
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 01:45:04  

I hope you're right. Good things come to those who wait, but I have a feeling with RDM it's going to be a case of too little, too late. The demograph will eventually evaporate to nothing but RDM enthusiasts/devotees.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-23 01:45:25  

SCH took a little while to get right and was at first only really great for a sub job.

RDM was fine till abyssea came along and made refresh pretty useless.

One of the best fixes they could have done for RDM was make enfeebling actually possible on harder content. Even now that might not be enough anymore.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 01:47:02  

I hope you're right. Good things come to those who wait, but I have a feeling with RDM it's going to be a case of too little, too late. The demograph will eventually evaporate to nothing but RDM enthusiasts/devotees.

Hasn't it already done that?
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 01:47:26  

SCH took a little while to get right and was at first only really great for a sub job.

One of the best fixes they could have done for RDM was make enfeebling actually possible on harder content. Even now that might not be enough anymore.

Perhaps there will be very unique enfeeble effects we haven't thought of yet or will hold relevance to new content? I know we can only slap so many negative effects to existing attributes and effects, but I'm sure there's a creative way to make RDMs have some function that none else can deliver.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 01:48:27  
The dev team just took all of those ideas for RDM your coming up with and applied them to GEO, lol.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2012-06-23 01:49:25  
The only other possible way to fix rdm while keeping their niche, is that the new NMs are so incredibly hard that rdm enfeebles are the only way to bring it down to a level where it can be feasibly killed.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-23 01:49:30  
Having templer not be self target only would have been a decent start.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 01:50:37  
Quote:
Bayohne wrangles an Ark Angel MR for a photo opportunity!

This is what he was so excited about he could barely keep himself together~ lol
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 01:51:31  
Getting a hug from a mithra is a big deal.
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 01:51:43  
Who wouldn't get excited about a photo op with a cute Japanese girl dressed as a mithra? :3
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-23 01:53:40  

To be honest, we are playing a much different FFXI than before/during abyssea times-- for one, players have a much larger say and connection to the devs via community reps. People will shout loud enough for RDM changes if it finally flatlines.

I'm not a fan of RDM at all, but I have a feeling the dynamic of the job will change to that of a main enfeebler now. Especially if we are moving beyond all of these HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE trigger systems that cockblock the need for enfeebles at all (thank god, hopefully). I wouldn't be surprised if the devs allowed for accession to be passed onto Refresh II now either-- seems they really don't want any mage/support to worry about refresh cycles anymore.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-06-23 01:53:44  
is it certain that the -ra spell line they talked about for geo is the bar spells? thats the only thing i see left
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 01:54:28  
Bayohne is still my hero.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 90 91 92