New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 224 225 226

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 00:17:37  
I dont have a PC powerful enough to give me a satisfying experience with darksouls >_>'
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 03:27:59  
seath is a *** and his tail flops around too much for me to cut it. D:
 Bismarck.Lottto
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Lotto
By Bismarck.Lottto 2013-08-03 03:45:48  
Enuyasha said: »

You only have one chance to cut his tail : right at the beginning. When you enter the fight just ignore him and run to the crystal. Wait till he comes to you and when he starts his breath, go behind him. Meanwhile his breath should break his own crystal (Seath's a retard) and stun him a few seconds which should be enough to cut his tail.

If you fail that it's almost impossible to cut his tail afterward because he'll react too fast and start his smashing tail move every time you get close to his back.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 04:00:31  
Bismarck.Lottto said: »

You only have one chance to cut his tail : right at the beginning. When you enter the fight just ignore him and run to the crystal. Wait till he comes to you and when he starts his breath, go behind him. Meanwhile his breath should break his own crystal (Seath's a retard) and stun him a few seconds which should be enough to cut his tail.

If you fail that it's almost impossible to cut his tail afterward because he'll react too fast and start his smashing tail move every time you get close to his back.
Claymore+10/Greatsword of Artorias (Cursed) should do the trick huh?

And...i think my soul of sif is either gone...or i dont have it yet... Didnt kill Sif yet :<
 Bismarck.Lottto
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lotto
By Bismarck.Lottto 2013-08-03 04:18:15  

And...i think my soul of sif is either gone...or i dont have it yet... Didnt kill Sif yet :<

2-3 hits with the 2 handed claymore should do the trick. No idea about the other one, I never used it.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 04:34:37  

2-3 hits with the 2 handed claymore should do the trick. No idea about the other one, I never used it.
mkay, upgrading a longsword so i dont *** myself over with no claymore >_>
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 08:47:09  
Pinwheel stood no chance against a Claymore+10 :<
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 10:22:02  
wow, got summoned while another phantom was summoned :< I think i survived a terrible hack or ganking attempt :<

PVP is fun as fawk with the redsign (I lurv it!) :<

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 12:45:29  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
wow, got summoned while another phantom was summoned :< I think i survived a terrible hack or ganking attempt :<

PVP is fun as fawk with the redsign (I lurv it!) :<
yeah it's really fun. I've been getting my *** kicked a lot on my Solaire and trying to record fights lol

I really suck with tiny straight swords, no practice at all
if i could stop running into gankers and hackers i'd be great....but i guess thats all there is at level 94/5 PVP

And then theres this idiot that only gives me 10Kish souls that keeps invading me only to lose.

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-04 09:33:52  
Josiahkf said: »
The game is full of gankers yeah, best to put red soapsign down in undead burg, the big area near bonfire [li][/li]
Too bad i killed all the bosses except for 3/4 of the lord souls and butterfly/hydra/The Depths/ sometingsomething i forget the other relevant "side-bosses" ;A;

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-04 10:42:53  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Boss doesn't need to be alive to put your red soapsign down -_-
And moonlight butterfly is boss of hydra area
I didnt know that :O Thanks, i've been keeping to the moonlight butterfly cause it gave me the fastest summonings and it was where i could find people most of the time.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Odakasan
サーバ: Asura
user: Odaka
By Asura.Odakasan 2013-08-06 18:46:42  
YouTube Video Placeholder

This is where sanity comes to die.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-08-07 08:03:56  
okay, there is some way to fall and survive in darkroot by the wolf ring...i know i've done it before but dont remember how ._.
 Lakshmi.Raksha
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2013-08-09 11:14:34  
okay, there is some way to fall and survive in darkroot by the wolf ring...i know i've done it before but dont remember how ._.

Look for the frog.

On the topic of high level soul farming, what are the best spots? I pretty much just run through the game killing bosses, but now that it costs over 1million souls to level up, i think i might need a good soul farming spot.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Raksha
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2013-08-09 11:58:49  
I'm pretty sure I can still 1-shot the phalanxes so i'll ive that try. if not, there's always Power Within.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-08-10 10:50:31  
This is a shot in the dark, but could anyone help me cut off Seath's tail? He's easy but it's damn hard to cut off his tail with the weapons that I use. I'm SL50 and my Live ID is Ozymandis... using DSCfix of course. Oddly though I have seen zero summon signs since I starting using that add-on, where I'd get them before.
 Asura.Sabishii
サーバ: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2013-08-10 11:02:44  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
This is a shot in the dark, but could anyone help me cut off Seath's tail? He's easy but it's damn hard to cut off his tail with the weapons that I use. I'm SL50 and my Live ID is Ozymandis... using DSCfix of course. Oddly though I have seen zero summon signs since I starting using that add-on, where I'd get them before.

My characters are too high level to help, but when you enter the room with seath, go to the back of the room with the thing that makes him mortal, and wait for him to get close, before running away as he's charging his attack, so he breaks the thing himself, allowing you more of a chance to get behind him and sever the tail. I had troubles too, even with an upgraded lightning claymore. I actually made that weapon specially for the duke's archives. I couldn't do it in one shot, but I still just kept circling around him, getting behind him, and managed to sever the tail.

On the other hand, Priscilla's tail is friggin impossible to sever, though I was using an enchanted longsword at the time, dunno if I had the claymore at the time, if it would have made a difference.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-10 11:44:04  
Asura.Sabishii said: »

My characters are too high level to help, but when you enter the room with seath, go to the back of the room with the thing that makes him mortal, and wait for him to get close, before running away as he's charging his attack, so he breaks the thing himself, allowing you more of a chance to get behind him and sever the tail. I had troubles too, even with an upgraded lightning claymore. I actually made that weapon specially for the duke's archives. I couldn't do it in one shot, but I still just kept circling around him, getting behind him, and managed to sever the tail.

On the other hand, Priscilla's tail is friggin impossible to sever, though I was using an enchanted longsword at the time, dunno if I had the claymore at the time, if it would have made a difference.
It took me three swings with a Claymore+10 and about 26 STR :< its really quite difficult if you didnt overlevel stats on the first playthrough.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-08-10 12:48:33  
Asura.Sabishii said: »

It took me three swings with a Claymore+10 and about 26 STR :< its really quite difficult if you didnt overlevel stats on the first playthrough.
Was quite tricky the first time i did it he kept moving and whatnot.. cutting tail = harder than killing him.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-08-10 21:43:16  
I got it. I had to make a Lightning Claymore +10, but after that I got it on the second try, and then downed Seath. Loving the Moonlight Greatsword, though the damage is a little less than my Enchanted Balder Side Sword +5.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-08-11 00:09:03  
Heard you need int build to make it viable I might try it on my new sorc char when I get there.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-08-11 13:05:32  
I'm looking to finally pick this game up. I bought a really good gaming computer not too long ago so I was thinking about buying for PC. Are there still any major issues with the port to PC? Also my friend that wants to play with me uses Xbox. Can we play together or is that feature console exclusive? I tried google already but maybe I'm just blind.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-08-11 13:08:05  
No, you can't play together cross platform.

PC has mods that can make the game flow better. Or at least look better.

Multiplayer is a feasible way to play the game now with the changes they made to servers, but I'll warn you that multiplayer takes away from the experience of the game if you rely on it. I'd suggest playing the game once through solo (inviting players to help when you need it only), and do a second run through with a partner. That said, my first experience was that way, and I thoroughly enjoyed it... but Dark Souls isn't for everyone, and a partner may make it more tolerable, or might be a stronger experience because you'd be experiencing the beautiful, intricate game together for the first time (Unless your friend has beaten it before).
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-08-11 13:17:41  
Thanks Tikal! Off to buy eggsbox version.
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 224 225 226