Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 224 225 226
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-30 09:09:29  
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Doesn't getting "Help" kind of defeat the "Overcome the overwhelming challenge" design goal of Dark Souls? I solo'd the whole game entirely blind (No walkthroughs or Guides, either mechanical or battle strategy), so I had no idea what the *** I was doing the whole time. You should have seen me on my first trip to New Londo ruins. "WHY CANT I HIT THE *** GHOSTS?!?!?!?" Flying blind was a choice, and I learned most everything (rarely) through logical deduction, or through Trial and Error. Lots and lots of error... I'm sure I could find my way through 90% of that game with the screen powered off.
Well you are just a badass aren't you...

Plus for the new londo ruins you must not of picked up on them giving you the item to temp curse yourself right on that bridge before entering the ruins... lol...
 Bismarck.Lottto
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lotto
By Bismarck.Lottto 2013-07-30 09:27:39  
Enuyasha said: »
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »

Then you should be happy. If they killed Smough first then you got the soul of Ornstein and his armor will be for sale.
oh, i didnt see what i typed D:

They killed Ornstein first*

You should have sent them a message asking for Smough first. Usually when I get summoned for that fight I wait to see which target the player goes for then assist him (Or "hold" the other one if needed).

Anyway you're not missing much, Ornstein's armor sucks and is quite ugly on a player (and you don't get Ornstein's haircut D:).
By Enuyasha 2013-07-30 09:32:31  
Bismarck.Lottto said: »
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »

Then you should be happy. If they killed Smough first then you got the soul of Ornstein and his armor will be for sale.
oh, i didnt see what i typed D:

They killed Ornstein first*

You should have sent them a message asking for Smough first. Usually when I get summoned for that fight I wait to see which target the player goes for then assist him (Or "hold" the other one if needed).

Anyway you're not missing much, Ornstein's armor sucks and is quite ugly on a player (and you don't get Ornstein's haircut D:).
butbutbut, shineh gold lion face D:
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-30 09:34:38  
I went to help a guy out once and when I killed the one he didnt want he just went and offed himself lol... sent me a message the next time around...
By Enuyasha 2013-07-30 09:37:14  
Meh, i think ill get it better in NG+...can get both sets i think....

Speaking of which, How does one "Return" to the undead asylum for the peculiar doll and snuggly the crow action?

Nermind, Youtube is the answer from the gods.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-30 09:53:08  
Meh, i think ill get it better in NG+...can get both sets i think.... Speaking of which, How does one "Return" to the undead asylum for the peculiar doll and snuggly the crow action? Nermind, Youtube is the answer from the gods.
You can... you can get most everything by the second playthrough but I think you have to play through three times to gather every weapon and piece of armor...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-30 12:05:42  
I just got my red soapstone :<

So if you get in the 66ish range i can halp :<

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-30 12:18:37  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
red soapsign functions like red eye orb

you can be summoned by anyone close to your level or above your lvl. So even lvl 700 people see your sign if you put red soapsign down but they aren't allowed to indict you if they summon you then you murder them

Since they initiated the duel
Cool, so now i can not feel so bad about giving in to Frampts side of the evil story :<
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-30 15:13:19  
Siren.Flavin said: »
Doesn't getting "Help" kind of defeat the "Overcome the overwhelming challenge" design goal of Dark Souls? I solo'd the whole game entirely blind (No walkthroughs or Guides, either mechanical or battle strategy), so I had no idea what the *** I was doing the whole time. You should have seen me on my first trip to New Londo ruins. "WHY CANT I HIT THE *** GHOSTS?!?!?!?" Flying blind was a choice, and I learned most everything (rarely) through logical deduction, or through Trial and Error. Lots and lots of error... I'm sure I could find my way through 90% of that game with the screen powered off.
Well you are just a badass aren't you...

Plus for the new londo ruins you must not of picked up on them giving you the item to temp curse yourself right on that bridge before entering the ruins... lol...

If you understood how to read in context, you'd get that I'm actually implying just the opposite. I thought the tone of "If I did it, anyone can" was pretty thick. Obviously I gave some people too much credit.

I'm merely recommending that "Easy mode powergamer backup" is probably the last thing you want to employ if you actually appreciate the Dark Souls experience, at least that's how I feel. If you're just playing Dark Souls for "'nuther notch on ma' belt" then okay, insta-win the game to your hearts content.

Also, the first transient curses I was aware of came from the undead merchant tucked away in the aqueduct. It's possible I found one earlier and just wasn't paying attention though.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-30 15:19:24  

[+]
 Lakshmi.Raksha
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2013-07-30 17:29:42  
Josiahkf said: »
Lakshmi.Silentdeath said: »
I finally joined the Soul Level One club! ^^

The Brothers can suck it... And Gwyn was rough till I figured out the trick. Was fun though, if not infuriating at times. Working on NG+ now ^^

Just wanted to share.

Edit:: Took just under 17 hours to beat. I skipped the DLC though, will get it on my NG+ though.
Congrats man. SL1 NG+ playthrough is pretty much the hardest thing most people ever do in Dark souls I think, worlds harder than SL1 Normal playthrough. Prepare to die~

I ran out of humanity trying to summon solaire on my SL1 NG+ run .... been stuck at that bonfire ever since. Those guys are a pain.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Raksha
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2013-07-30 21:44:14  
I tried divide and conquer with solaire, but that went south fast. I tried red tearstone but pretty much same deal. Tried crossbow spam but got unlucky.

IT's one of those things where I'll get it eventually, but have become disenchanted. It's really not much fun trying to do it anymore.

Went back to working on a few other characters though. Finally made a miracle character that i'm enjoying. <3 Wrath of the Gods.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Raksha
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2013-07-31 10:43:21  
With solaire I can usually kill ornstein pretty easily. But super smough has ultra-*** moves that hit you when they should't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-07-31 17:56:00  
Bed of Chaos was a really horrible designed boss, even didn't have as much difficulty with other hard bosses in Dark Souls also because they felt like a challenge this fight however didn't feel challenging the boss isn't particular hard or even has any interesting mechanics at all. It's just bad design even the slightiest error will result you being swiped into the eternal black abyss. That being said finally after 20-30 tries or so I finally got it down.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-31 18:26:01  
There's not a fight in Dark Souls that can't be trivialized if you know how to goad the bosses into predictable attack patterns, usually by controlling distance. I found that generally the Farther you are from a Boss, the more danger you are in. (Seems counter-intuitive, but I think that's the point)

Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul said: »
Bed of Chaos was a really horrible designed boss, even didn't have as much difficulty with other hard bosses in Dark Souls also because they felt like a challenge this fight however didn't feel challenging the boss isn't particular hard or even has any interesting mechanics at all. It's just bad design even the slightiest error will result you being swiped into the eternal black abyss. That being said finally after 20-30 tries or so I finally got it down.

Bed of Chaos is I am Disappoint personified. Least satisfying encounter in the game.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-31 18:33:08  
Josiahkf said: »
There's not a fight in Dark Souls that can't be trivialized if you know how to goad the bosses into predictable attack patterns, usually by controlling distance. I found that generally the Farther you are from a Boss, the more danger you are in. (Seems counter-intuitive, but I think that's the point)
Ng+ sl1 four kings is far from trivial and a very tough fight for the majority without a doubt. But aside from that fight yeah you're right

I was just about to say Four Kings is probably the stand out, because it's pretty much impossible to control distance in a 4 on 1. I never fought any NG+ Boss though, I've seen a few videos though and their AI doesn't appear any different, just boosted stats making battles longer with less margin for error.

Correct that if it's wrong though.
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2013-07-31 18:34:07  

says "Hi".

For this example, once you overcome the overwhelming odds, like you said, the trick is utilizing terrain and distance. All things considered, id still rather be far away from this boss.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-31 18:42:46  
Define more aggressive though. Believe it or not, because of my really squirrely build, I could use enemies aggression against them. I know a lot of the times, the Four Kings would hang back and spam the living ***out of that homing magic attack, which was probably the one attack I feared (Until I got some shield drop from a Darkwraith that negated almost all magic damage). If they rushed in, it actually made life easier since I could slip away and then have all four on screen at once. (As opposed to being flanked off camera)

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-31 18:57:21  
I had almost no grasp of the mechanics of this game until toward the very end of my playthrough, so I probably dismissed any chaos-related weapon as "Only useful for cheaters who use godmode, since there's no way anyone can hold ten humanity in this *** game."

A lot of that is because of the lack of transparency on FromSoftware's side, but I've played Armored Core games since I was a whelp, so I can't say I didn't know then better.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-31 19:21:22  
I got the glove that allows that as a drop, as opposed to joining the covenant. If nothing else, that should give you an idea of how many tries it took to beat the Four Kings and it's no coincidence that It was also the shield that helped me finally beat the Four Kings by drastically reducing the threat of that magic attack.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 224 225 226