[Dev] New Einherjar Content And Adjustments

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Einherjar » [Dev] New Einherjar Content and Adjustments
[Dev] New Einherjar Content and Adjustments
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-07 15:42:32  
Problem is FF14 2.0 is still ages behind other modern MMOs, and SE's design philosophy is very slow and primitive compared to modern MMOs.
By Drjones 2012-06-07 15:44:06  
Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
No one is going to move to XIV.

You would be surprised. 6 months from now 14 will be in a state ready for the general user. People will start to move to 14. 11 is dying, is stale and getting to the point of being uninteresting. They need to add a new expansion or something radical to that extent to get the energy and vibe levels of the end user high again. Re-feeding the user with the same things just isnt the way forward. Its as one member said a filler. How long can you add fillers before the player gets bored?
Why would anyone jump to a new game when they can clearly see how the previous one gets neglected? Quality service or GTFO.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-07 15:46:06  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Problem is FF14 2.0 is still ages behind other modern MMOs, and SE's design philosophy is very slow and primitive compared to modern MMOs.

That was essentially my point, they had a full year's headstart on Star Wars, and now they are going to be a full year behind, but at the same price as SWTOR, and starting from scratch essentially.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-07 15:46:44  
Should have just made an entire wing of einherjar where all the mobs are chair bosses and charmga-ing corse bosses.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-07 15:50:53  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »

That was essentially my point, they had a full year's headstart on Star Wars, and now they are going to be a full year behind, but at the same price as SWTOR, and starting from scratch essentially.

Yeah. RIFT, which I absolutely adore, is coming out with a new expansion which contains about as much content as was in 75 cap FFXI (if not more) BEFORE FFXIV 2.0. FFXIV has a LOT to catch up on.

EDIT for less derpy grammar
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-07 16:02:15  
The public perception of XIV is the game has flatlined. Only the most ardent players even know whats going on in the game, and 2.0 isn't going to bring in the masses. Sure, some XI players will make the switch, but XIV's window has been closed by the competition. Star Wars had a great launch, came back down to earth a little, but will continue to get stronger. 6 months from now XIV might be ready for the general user, but it will never run down Star Wars, and will never see the success that XI did.
Everything I've heard suggests that SWTOR is on a major downhill slide in terms of subs, did something change?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-07 16:05:38  
It did lose 400k subs from Feb to May, but it evened out and is still over 1.3m subs, with expansions and patches still coming. They also announced you can play up to level 15 for free. I'm not out here stumping for SWTOR, but as the primary competition for XIV, its miles ahead.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-06-07 23:04:24  
Im misunderstanding something here:

Copied from http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/17215

"The procedure for entering Odin's Chamber has been revised.

Trade a Smouldering Lamp to the Entry Gate while in possession of the valkyrie feather key items from each of the three Wings."

I read this and understood it to mean one of two things:

1) we only need 3 wings (one from each tier) to pop Odin now??
2) we still need all 9 wings and nothing has been revised?

If I had to guess I'd say 2) is more likely, and that this is just another poor translation, but... What is this statement supposed to mean that I'm missing? Where is the revision?

EDIT: nvm. The Japanese is much more clear. Only need 3 feathers to pop odin now o.o
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-12 14:58:43  
06-08-2012 02:54 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We will be making it so you can obtain the Mark of the Einherjar at the Hazhalm Testing Grounds if you have acquired the “Elite Einherjar” title and possess at least one feather from each of the three wings.
Subscribe
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-06-12 15:04:32  
thank god.