フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK TP sets
DRK TP sets
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-24 12:15:30  
This forum needs like...a set rule of what constitutes as fodder and what doesn't.
By Fafnir 2012-08-24 12:22:21  
anything up to level 100
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-24 12:27:15  
Asura.Failaras said: »
This forum needs like...a set rule of what constitutes as fodder and what doesn't.

Fodder = no lvl correction, capped att, capped acc, capped fSTR.

Even on fodder Ogier hands are worthless. Just give them to your storage moogle.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-24 12:33:00  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

Even on fodder Ogier hands are worthless. Just give them to your storage moogle.

Lol you make it sound like the moogle will be happy with them.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-24 12:33:28  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
would it be crazy to expect 2 ticks of embrava in between each WSs? If it is, then with 20 stp /war, it is still 7 hit.
That's three rounds + WS delay for Ragnarok if you don't get back-to-back QA/TAs and land exactly six hits, which happens less than 0.5% of the time. If SAM roll is in play then assuming two ticks may be a little more problematic because you're in 6-hit territory. SAM roll values scale pretty dramatically from 7 to 11 as well, so overflow is probable unless (even if?) you're micromanaging to the point of having different sets for each roll.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-24 12:37:51  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

I'm not very well informed on fSTR, many mobs would fall into the Capped Attack/Accuracy category for Drk though. There is also Fafnirs assumption that fodder content would constitute not having buffs which would make me think as to classify fodder as basically 75 content. I'm not trying to argue anything here really, just trying to wrap my head around how people define fodder because I've seen it used for many different types of mobs.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-24 12:43:57  
I assume fodder would be every mob for which you don't need specific buffs to cap att/acc fSTR.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-24 12:45:46  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
would it be crazy to expect 2 ticks of embrava in between each WSs? If it is, then with 20 stp /war, it is still 7 hit.
That's three rounds + WS delay for Ragnarok if you don't get back-to-back QA/TAs and land exactly six hits, which happens less than 0.5% of the time. If SAM roll is in play then assuming two ticks may be a little more problematic because you're in 6-hit territory. SAM roll values scale pretty dramatically from 7 to 11 as well, so overflow is probable unless (even if?) you're micromanaging to the point of having different sets for each roll.

That's very helpful. Going to roll with 20 stp then. Thank you.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-24 12:58:29  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

That's very helpful. Going to roll with 20 stp then. Thank you.

20 seems like a good number it not a little high.

Resolution is 15 (11+4), Embrava is 10 (2 tics,going to assume less then 500 skill)

(75/6)/11 = 14stp

Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-24 15:52:47  
Does the spreadsheet not account for over tping ?

More often that not I have Ogier hands coming out on top with Fulgurante for Qilin and easier stuff where accuracy is a non issue(or zerg with feint/mad/hunter ect).

If it seems weird I can post my gear set/atmacite/buff.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-24 16:23:45  
It does account for overflow TP, and there's a field where you can adjust overflow rounds as well on the first page.

"Weird" depends entirely on context though... so yeah, need your build and conditions. Can't evaluate one item vs another in a vacuum.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-24 17:12:32  
Ok, drk/war elvaan, red curry bun

March/last resort/zerk/aggressor/chaos roll

Target is Qilin

TP

I was using bale+2 with vaillant/lattitude/coercion before playing with the spreadsheet but it say that this set with vaillant/deluge/coercion is the best with buff up.

Also armadaberk just make it better but still need the abju to drop from nid/odin.

EDIT: Head is bale +2 made this set mid fight so wasn't paying attention on everything.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-24 17:19:02  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Does the spreadsheet not account for over tping ?

More often that not I have Ogier hands coming out on top with Fulgurante for Qilin and easier stuff where accuracy is a non issue(or zerg with feint/mad/hunter ect).

If it seems weird I can post my gear set/atmacite/buff.

It's not weird at all. You're probably dropping it to a 6-hit or even 5-hit /SAM. This is where most OAT vs Rag comparisons usually come up short, because you can 5-hit that thing and it does make a difference, just not as much in Voidwatch where WS compression just makes everything stupid and vanilla-flavored (another failing of many comparisons).
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-24 17:23:38  

TP

I was using bale+2 with vaillant/lattitude/coercion before playing with the spreadsheet but it say that this set with vaillant/deluge/coercion is the best with buff up.

Also armadaberk just make it better but still need the abju to drop from nid/odin.
I'm not entirely sure stacking that much Store TP is really worth it. You are losing 11% double attack alone from Head/Feet/Hands/Body/Grip, not to mention the large amounts of STR. Honestly for Qilin I'd try to get Cors to do Misers and equip Disc because you basically don't need STP with a 480 delay Gsword with that. That set also gives you a huge amount of unneeded haste.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-24 17:25:08  
With Deluges, Ogier hands are dropping him into 5-hit territory. Deluges is another +15 if he has it max'd.

Yes, that is why it wins and why OAT is underrated.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-24 17:33:37  
Well I was using a different set till I checked on Motenten spreadsheets and I got the higher number with this set.

I mostly join pug/shout atm so I don't expect cor/other dd to do miser.

It's mainly for vw, I entered atmacite buff as "set" and it gave this set as the best result w/o considering miser's roll cause that never happen for me.

Did you guys get different result plugin number/gear on the spreadsheet or just talking from experience/math/parse ?

Cause aside ace's leggings => phorcys feet after I get armada, every other change I make give me a lower result.
 Cerberus.Cloudkiller
By Cerberus.Cloudkiller 2012-08-24 17:37:03  
idk how to post the picture of my gear set(s) lol... :x

EDIT: nvm, figured it out. lol
 Cerberus.Cloudkiller
By Cerberus.Cloudkiller 2012-08-24 17:37:34  
My DRK tp set. Moonahshade is attack/regain.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-24 17:38:27  
Scroll over your profile picture and open up "Item Sets" in the sub menu. Open up your item set and find the BBcode. Paste that into your post.
 Cerberus.Cloudkiller
By Cerberus.Cloudkiller 2012-08-24 17:39:52  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Scroll over your profile picture and open up "Item Sets" in the sub menu. Open up your item set and find the BBcode. Paste that into your post.

I figured it out lol but thank you. :)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-24 17:45:42  
Well I was using a different set till I checked on Motenten spreadsheets and I got the higher number with this set.

I mostly join pug/shout atm so I don't expect cor/other dd to do miser.

It's mainly for vw, I entered atmacite buff as "set" and it gave this set as the best result w/o considering miser's roll cause that never happen for me.

Did you guys get different result plugin number/gear on the spreadsheet or just talking from experience/math/parse ?

Cause aside ace's leggings => phorcys feet after I get armada, every other change I make give me a lower result.
I'm simply talking from experience and not from the spreadsheets. Maybe you are right, I just find it hard to believe sacrificing so many slots and even an atmacite for Store TP is worth it. Honestly I only do PUG/Shouts right now and can generally expect Misers, just be vocal about it. I will have to say it is annoying how people on Asura seem to be moving more towards Chaos/Fighters though.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-24 17:56:27  
I speak from experience as well. Recent thinking severely lowballs the value of a hitbuild, particularly an 'even number' hitbuild that drops you to a 3.056 rounds/WS average. The spreadsheet is right.

Try /SAM and swapping Deluges for Dark Designs and see what it spits out. With Chaos Roll and proper food you shouldn't really be needing Berserk on moderate targets like Qilin, and DA is seriously devalued by OAT.

Deluges+/WAR is still probably best for hard targets (T6, Provenance).
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-24 18:02:20  
Okay, than you for your input, I also think OAT make losing 11% in DA matter less than for Rag or other non OAT GS.

I know parse aren't viable result ect, but I'll try to parse both set to decent DD I know and see wich one seems to perform the best.

And yeah, I don't know any other server but Asura pug are getting really bad, I guess everyone has a static/group/ls now or don't need anything from vw/pw.

EDIT: Tried /sam, there was decent difference due to not capping hit rate, then I played a lil more with it and noticed that apparently Hasso doesn't account for accuracy/str buff on spreadsheet so added 10 accuracy under set, playing a lil more with it then posting what I'll find as best.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-24 18:07:09  
Quote:
Okay, than you for your input, I also think OAT make losing 11% in DA matter less than for Rag or other non OAT GS.
If you are using Bale+2 head it's only going to be an 8% DA loss and I guess that isn't such a big deal for OAT, I'd still recommend at least trying to get Misers+Disc but that build is probably better for without.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-24 18:20:11  
EDIT: Tried /sam, there was decent difference due to not capping hit rate, then I played a lil more with it and noticed that apparently Hasso doesn't account for accuracy/str buff on spreadsheet so added 10 accuracy under set, playing a lil more with it then posting what I'll find as best.
Does it account for Abyss+2 hands bonus duration on Diabolic Eye and and even more accuracy from extra merits now?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-24 18:29:50  
As far as I know, it doesn't account for diablic eyes at all, can just add the amount of accuracy as a "set bonus" if needed.

Played at lil more with /sam, I was able to get even with /war number but not more.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-24 18:42:23  
I'm pretty sure I proved somewhere either here or in the Resolution thread that Drk doesn't actually need any accuracy from gear or JAs to cap on Qilin.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-24 18:56:22  
It does account for stalwart but not braver, and I was at like 92.5% accuracy so if I add braver stat I'd cap w/o hasso.

I assume you're capped using stalwart/braver ? I guess I should add braver stat on every vw set I try to compare.

Did anyone bother to find/have an approximation of T6/PW mob stat ?
Didn't get to try them since I geared drk, prolly gonna need pizza to cap accuracy on them.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-24 19:33:54  
Cerberus.Cloudkiller said: »
My DRK tp set. Moonahshade is attack/regain.

This is my nightmare
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16