SCHs Where You At?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCHs where you at?
SCHs where you at?
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-05-18 20:42:14  
well im almost done with lvling PLD to 75 (finally) and i think im going to lvl sch after so i just wanted to get some info on it before i start lvling it. like what subjob is the best? what is the main roll of sch? and anything else you guys can give me info on
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-18 20:54:39
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

/whm at low lvls
/rdm till the end

low lvls you heal (but cant main heal) you can also debuff and nuke (but depends on your pt format)

mid~lvls, you learn Sublimation thats when it gets interesting! You have a shot at main healing but having someone to help is always nice (note while using sublimation you cant rest since it hurts you...sooooo use it wisely. That changes when you learn Stoneskin tho)

End~lvls you can Aoe Enspells, phalanx, Stoneskin, etc. Main heal like a champ
You can also be invited in manaburns and do some decent dmg (depends on lvl and the camp tho)

this is the most common simple info I can give you
I play around on my friends char that has sch and seen him play the job

:O GL
 Unicorn.Ellimist
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-05-18 21:02:54  
I main healed almost my entire career as SCH, just because that's one of the in-demand party-making jobs. I got to act like a BLM in some parties, in which case I subbed /blm. From 56-68 you will sub WHM because you can give stoneskin, and then from 68-75 you will stay /rdm because you can give stoneskin and phalanx to your parties. I have found that SCH and BRD making an extremely fantastic backline in merit parties because of the MP conservation of SCH and the survivability that its buffs give.

SCH is good at alot of things, but what it isn't good at is being an end game MAIN heal and an end game MAIN nuker. Yes, SCH can nuke efficiently and well (and even sometimes outnuke the BLMs), but you lack AM1 and 2.

The most important aspect about SCH is this: SCH is to MP as Samurai is to TP. You can never get enough MP and IMO if you play SCH right you can outlast a RDM in mp conservation. (To this point, RDM/SCH has an almost endless supply of MP).

I also soled some of my levels as SCH like a BLM would solo. Parsimony+Dark Arts is a god send to MP. You can make great chains and still have MP left over.

That's just my two cents. I only recently got SCH to 75.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-05-20 16:07:27  
SCH can main heal but not at early Valkrum lvls. SCH learns cure II at 17. Its alwasy good to sub /whm until level 40. Once you get accession sub /rdm for enspells until level 56 which you'll change to /WHM for stoneskin. Stoneskin mostly than buff it to your party, its to allow you to heal while sublimation still charges. At 68-75 /rdm is best shot. But sometimes you would like to sub whm if you are in great need of bar spell and dont want to spend your stratagems. Merits I think are a choice of the player. The merit I choosed to max first was stormsurge. A full merited Stormsurge gives +7 on main stat (STR, AGI, CHR etc.) if cast the corresponding storm spell. Enlightment is another merit IMO any sch would like. It gives you access to both addenda while optimizing both arts. Nice if your in a Manaburn party and are in need of an emergency RR. Also Focalization, which is SCH's Elemental Seal.
 Bahamut.Barbados
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Barbados
By Bahamut.Barbados 2009-05-20 16:59:11  
SCH is an amazing job... Its my career as a SCH, and yes agreed. If you play right you can out last any healers.

Beginning levels it'll be best to do /whm, and towards the end /rdm... But I did /rdm all the way =3.

But towards the end you're going to have to learn how to both a healing/buffer at the same time, while being only healer! Its not that, but since my MP isn't that well I have somewhat problems if my party takes alot of damage, but in the end it actually takes knowledge to play this job :P

-Enjoy :D
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-05-20 18:07:40  
Most SCHs do as what's listed above. /WHM, then /RDM. I try to limit myself to /WHM or /BLM due to the fact that SCH gets a bonus from those subjobs. Mag Def bonus for /WHM and Mag Atk bonus for /BLM. This is more than the job trait the sub would give to any other job. I'm not a big fan of Phalanx since it only lasts 3 mins, which eats into your stratagems and causes you to quit resting to cast it. That's not to say I've never used it, /RDM is something every SCH should have. As for gear, SCH AF is some of the best gear out there. +15 to every skill depending on arts. As for other pieces, the best way to go is gear that has Mag Acc, Conserve MP, or skill+. SCH's choices are fairly limited compared to other mage jobs.