users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » acp armor
acp armor
 Asura.Krebons
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-05-18 05:50:24  
i know theres a thread somewhere but i cant seem to find it, i waas curious about the acp armor for blm with +4 macc +4mab vs g weskit. i did the math but i swear i think i screwed up somewhere cause it came out to be dead even number wise. has anyone else done it? if so help would be greatly appriciated thanks :)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-18 05:55:23  
This might be able to help

There's a few links to some early stage testing in there too.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-18 06:09:22  
Really they they are really really close. Close enough that which one will do more will depend on dint and spell D value. So Thing like race to a smaller extent mob your fighting and what spell your using will actually affect which on does more. As a taru with int merits weskit tends to do more for me especially with T4 aga3 and AM2... T3 and a lower probably around the same. As far as macc goes they about the same if you have >10dint on a give mob which aint too hard.

ninji edit: Though you meant NQ weskit... HQ will tend to win even more.
 Cerberus.Omeed
サーバ: Cerberus
user: omeedg
By Cerberus.Omeed 2009-05-19 09:15:27  
If you are gonna get it for blackmage I suggest you make it a fastcast and MACC piece and keep using the Weskit. It's barely an upgrade over NQ Weskit in most situations and I believe it's below an HQ Weskit.
 Lakshmi.Antonios
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-05-19 10:59:42  
i was gonna go for the Mage body but it looks mad *** ugly and i don't care about the stats so i went for a body i will find useful for my BLU ^^ fast cast n ACC+10 FTW lol
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-19 12:39:25  
What is best ACP combo armor for ninja, im curious. Im climbing my way to 75 so i may get a better idea,thanks
Preferrably something that can interchange with thf also
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-19 12:46:04  
Antonios said:
i was gonna go for the Mage body but it looks mad *** ugly and i don't care about the stats so i went for a body i will find useful for my BLU ^^ fast cast n ACC+10 FTW lol

You'd cast a spell without your Blu AF body? =(
 Lakshmi.Antonios
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-05-19 12:51:04  
no its gonna be my TP body till homam then macro in AF body for spell casting ima test out many ways till in comfortable
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-19 12:56:11  
Blu Relic Body for TP > all. :x
The Triple Attack on Homam blows...><;
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-19 13:00:27  
Aravol said:
What is best ACP combo armor for ninja, im curious. Im climbing my way to 75 so i may get a better idea,thanks

I'm no ninja or thief but..acc and crit%, acc and dualwield%?
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-19 13:02:48  
Jimmyjazz said:
Aravol said:

i agree. Probably crit hit since i have 4/4 crit merits
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-19 13:07:47  
If you have the Nin Relic body, you can put Eva + Fast cast on it for Utsusemi, if you really have nothing else to use the body for.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-19 13:10:24  
Haseyo said:
If you have the Nin Relic body, you can put Eva + Fast cast on it for Utsusemi, if you really have nothing else to use the body for.

I dont have nin relic body, but i see your point, that would be good
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-19 13:11:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Aravol said:
Jimmyjazz said:
Aravol said:

Meh, Acc + Crit hit would basically be making a slightly better Pahluwan Body. Adding acc and dual wield would be nice since the accuracy, hp, str, agi would certainly outweigh the loss of 2% dual wield.

Another option which would be nice is Acc & Store TP w/ Subtle Blow. The Store TP would slightly up your WS frequency and stacks well with brutal earring and rajas ring; also subtle blow is the highest on ninja especially with merits, so any more would certainly be welcomed considering how fast ninja hits.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-19 13:13:11  
Artemicion said:
Aravol said:
Jimmyjazz said:
Aravol said:

Meh, Acc + Crit hit would basically be making a slightly better Pahluwan Body. Adding acc and dual wield would be nice since the accuracy, hp, str, agi would certainly outweigh the loss of 2% dual wield.

Another option which would be nice is Acc & Store TP w/ Subtle Blow. The Store TP would slightly up your WS frequency and stacks well with brutal earring and rajas ring; also subtle blow is the highest on ninja especially with merits, so any more would certainly be welcomed considering how fast ninja hits.

I like the subtle blow idea too. I have the complete Campaign gear for Bastok <s> which is loaded with sublte blow adds
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-19 13:22:26  
For a purely DD nin, Acc + DW is by far the best option. Nothing else comes close.

For a solo only nin, Eva + sub B is pretty nice.

For nin/drk, Enm/FC is boss for the same reasons it is for PLD.

Crit is ok, but not as good as DW. Nin relic body is town gear onry, and STP is far less useful for DW jobs than it is for 2handers for pretty obvious reasons.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-19 13:25:37

Frobeus said:
For a purely DD nin, Acc + DW is by far the best option. Nothing else comes close.

Crit is ok, but not as good as DW. Nin relic body is town gear onry, and STP is far less useful for DW jobs than it is for 2handers for pretty obvious reasons.

100% True, but also consider that adding dual wield stats lowers base delay which can to a certain point affect your tp gain. Store TP does not.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-19 13:28:26  
Haseyo said:

Good call.

Im a 75 Thf, and I took Mirka with +10 Acc and +10 Eva.. Since im critting eva, capped so far, and unmerited, 304.

...and I still get hit odd time.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-19 13:46:03  
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

100% True, but also consider that adding dual wield stats lowers base delay which can to a certain point affect your tp gain. Store TP does not.

While this is true, the increased speed in attacks more than makes up for the tp lost from delay reduction. Also consider that the faster you attack the more chances you have to DA from war sub and brutal which will more than make up for the tp lost as well.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-05-19 13:46:46  
For NIN, ACC and DW. Not quite as fast as AF/+1, not quite as much ACC/fSTR as a Haub+1, but very much a "best of both" type solution, and a great TP piece for any dual wielder that can wear it.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-19 13:50:08

Frobeus said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

While this is true, the increased speed in attacks more than makes up for the tp lost from delay reduction. Also consider that the faster you attack the more chances you have to DA from war sub and brutal which will more than make up for the tp lost as well.

Hmmm yeah. But I hope you got Subtle Blow stacked high since mobs have a really crazy calculation as to how they gain TP. Something like your TP gain +3 per hit x.x

But for ninja that really wouldn't be a problem I suppose, especially if you have SB fully merited.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-19 13:54:13  
Fully merited SB + Rajas = Pretty decent over all reduced tp gain for mobs.(Nin gets SB trait also right? I forget)

I'm not sure where you would need more than that though. If your in a pt situation where you are meleeing in full DD gear the mob should be dying very quickly and I can't think of anything that you would be soloing or duoing that would be so difficult that the 4 extra SB from the body would make any difference.

When I've duo'd things like Charby or UFO's with my wife in the past, TP gain wasn't much of an issue and I only have 1 or 2 merits on SB.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-19 14:13:15

Yeah, Ninja actually gets one tier of SB higher than MNK does and has it available for merits. As far as merit pts go subtle blow is negligible since everything dies so quickly.

However as you said for soloing and fighting things that have the potential 1-shot TP moves, SB is certainly nothing to sneeze at. However, I guess since DW is in such limited supply as far as gear goes it serves ninja best overall. SB is more of a survival kinda thing in the long run.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-19 14:46:27

I made mine for my BST

pet acc and Call beast - delay

:O
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus