フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Solo Dynamis Farming
Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
 Lakshmi.Cortez
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2012-10-10 16:17:24  
Ok so i keep hearing that the NMs in COP zones can drop 100 pieces without staggering WHITE. I usually do Dyna-Qufim. Are the NMs you guys talking about Scolopendra, Stringes, and Suttung (which are the NMs to weaken the mega boss) or are you guys talking about the NMs that you force pop with the Nightmare rare/ex pop items? Thanks for your help.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-10 16:21:18  
Both sets of NMs can drop 100s, iirc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By emerle 2012-10-10 17:48:12  
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Ok so i keep hearing that the NMs in COP zones can drop 100 pieces without staggering WHITE. I usually do Dyna-Qufim. Are the NMs you guys talking about Scolopendra, Stringes, and Suttung (which are the NMs to weaken the mega boss) or are you guys talking about the NMs that you force pop with the Nightmare rare/ex pop items? Thanks for your help.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Both sets of NMs can drop 100s, iirc.

Can anyone confirm?
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-10 17:52:33  
Yes, they drop 100s, but very, very rarely (About 5%, I've gotten a 100 byne from Stringes myself). Given that they take several times longer to kill than any random enemies and their proc is random each time you pull, it's up to you whether you want to waste the time fighting them. More worth it if you're in a group but if you're solo I wouldn't bother. Well, that or your camp's been cleaned out from too much competition.

Stringes tends to be the most popular NM to kill- I should mention he can hit really damn hard (~300 to THF/DNC, Blood Drain for way more). A string of bad luck will get you killed on him.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-10 17:58:37  
The lesser NMs (i.e. Stringes) definitely can drop 100s. It's the poppable ones that I'm not completely sure about.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2012-10-10 18:03:04  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Yes, they drop 100s, but very, very rarely (About 5%, I've gotten a 100 byne from Stringes myself). Given that they take several times longer to kill than any random enemies and their proc is random each time you pull, it's up to you whether you want to waste the time fighting them. More worth it if you're in a group but if you're solo I wouldn't bother. Well, that or your camp's been cleaned out from too much competition. Stringes tends to be the most popular NM to kill- I should mention he can hit really damn hard (~300 to THF/DNC, Blood Drain for way more). A string of bad luck will get you killed on him.

So you gotta proc him for him to have a chance to drop 100 piece? Also i always go in with my WHM mule so i dont think it would be that difficult to fight.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-10 18:41:37  
You don't have to proc him, but there's little reason to not try as you are fighting him. Just like any other monster, proccing him will make him drop singles. For me, it also gives a breather since it terrors him for 30s (Also can open him up for an SA if you didn't use Bully SA or it's up already). Killing him without proccing leaves you with that 5% chance (personally I think it's more plausible it's something more like 1-3%, IE the same chance as you getting a white proc) for the 100 but usually all you'll get is that perforated wing to toss.

And yeah, with a WHM mule there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever. You can solo him on THF/DNC if you wanted to, it's just annoying, is all.

Quote:
The lesser NMs (i.e. Stringes) definitely can drop 100s. It's the poppable ones that I'm not completely sure about.

Poppable ones like Dynamis Lord and such all drop 100s at like a 1% rate.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-10 20:39:45  
Killing him without proccing leaves you with that 5% chance (personally I think it's more plausible it's something more like 1-3%, IE the same chance as you getting a white proc) for the 100 but usually all you'll get is that perforated wing to toss.
FYI: http://ffxidb.com/zones/41/stringes
By emerle 2012-10-10 20:52:11  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Killing him without proccing leaves you with that 5% chance (personally I think it's more plausible it's something more like 1-3%, IE the same chance as you getting a white proc) for the 100 but usually all you'll get is that perforated wing to toss.
FYI: http://ffxidb.com/zones/41/stringes

Well that sucks
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2012-10-10 22:46:15  
Best solo was 266 singles as THF/DNC on EPs in Valkurm. Average was around the mid 240s. I leveled up WHM on an alt and started to do DCs and was pulling in the 270s. Just finished SCH on the alt, and went 335 last night, and 327 today. Meat Mithkabobs (Cheap ***) + Acid Bolts + Box Step make it so much better. If the mob isn't proc'd by the end, I will only do 1 extra JA round, otherwise I'll just kill it.
 Carbuncle.Divinite
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Divinite
By Carbuncle.Divinite 2012-10-11 02:25:36  
I went ahead and tried farming Qufim during WS proc. It was horrible. Saw a handful of procs before I just gave up. Guess its back to competing for mobs :/
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-11 02:49:59  
PUP does it well but it's quite an investment if you don't already have the auto skilled and geared up.
 Remora.Kyron
サーバ: Remora
user: kasain
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-11 02:56:34  
As a Sch, I am now mercanarying myself out for 200k. I get three groups, they dont have to be in my party. I charge them 200k. Then I go into a dynamics and lock myself on to a ??.

This could be the entrence, a boss zone, or any event holder like relic.

Every 12.5 minutes they come back and I embrave them..

They have self heal plus TP to proc faster.

If I do Dyna tav,bees, worms, bombs work well.

If I do Qualin island, weapons, spiders, krakens seem to do well..

I havent had any complains yet.
By Slimshade 2012-10-11 03:07:30  
If you had some brains you would keep this quiet because its dynamis being exploited therefore se shall see this post and be done with it by the next couple of patches i expect.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-11 03:11:04  
Buff locking has been around a while so I don't see why anyone would need to keep quiet about it now. I'm more amazed that people are actually paying for Embrava.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-11 03:13:19  
You guys giving out PLD advice without having gone to Dynamis as PLD is quite silly. At least watch a PLD/THF at work before you suggest things like PLD/DNC.

This is how PLD works, you go to a WS camp. Flee and round up all the mobs in the camp. Go stand against a wall and AoE WS every time you hit 100 TP. Swap targets as you proc.

Smart thing to do is choose big camps. Qufim is a dumb place to do this. Buburimu works best. The rabbit camp is pretty big. Mandy camp is big too. You only do decent challenge camps and you never have any competition. You won't proc most of the mobs you fight, but you are putting TH on all of them.

Couple reasons why you round up large camps:
1) more TP for you
2) more chances of getting coins

I think the rabbit camp in Buburimu has roughly 20-25 mobs (also a really nice camp b/c if people come up to steal mobs from you, they'll get slaughtered by Whirl Claws spam). Of those, you'll probably proc about 4 or 5 by the time you kill them. You'll usually pull in about 20 coins. It can really vary. A good PLD can clear a camp in about the same time that a thf, dnc, blu, etc can kill about 5 proc'd mobs. So you can get coins faster. The only problem is that you have to swap back and forth between 2 WS camps because you don't want to sit around waiting for respawns. Walking back and forth can slow down your rate if you aren't speed hacking.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-11 03:20:53  
wtf? This is the THF forum O_O

Quote:
Best solo was 266 singles as THF/DNC on EPs in Valkurm. Average was around the mid 240s. I leveled up WHM on an alt and started to do DCs and was pulling in the 270s. Just finished SCH on the alt, and went 335 last night, and 327 today. Meat Mithkabobs (Cheap ***) + Acid Bolts + Box Step make it so much better. If the mob isn't proc'd by the end, I will only do 1 extra JA round, otherwise I'll just kill it.
^^ this is what I do except I've been using BRD/WHM alt instead of SCH/WHM or WHM/SCH. Double March + Haste is just too good plus you don't need any more healing than occasional Cure 4's which BRD can easily supply. However, I kill much faster as DNC/THF or BLU/DNC than I do as THF/DNC. I like to mix it up though. With Tarutaru Sash I've even gone as MNK/DNC since that's the same TH that BST's get now.

*Edit* Actually, I used to duo with a 2-boxing friend of mine. He would come as THF/DNC. I would come as either MNK or BLU. My alt was BRD/WHM. His alt was SCH/DNC. We still got the nice regain and regen from his SCH, plus we got Marches + Haste from my BRD. Also his SCH was able to throw in a couple extra JA's because let's face it, if you're well-geared, the biggest thing that holds you back is getting the stupid thing to proc.
By Aeyela 2012-10-11 06:05:44  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
You guys giving out PLD advice without having gone to Dynamis as PLD is quite silly.

Bit hypocritical considering your PLD is level 1! =D
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-11 09:20:40  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm more amazed that people are actually paying for Embrava.
I'm more amazed that someone would choose 600k for "Embrava mercing" instead of 2.5mil from regular farming.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-11 12:01:30  
It actually doesn't sound too bad if you occupy yourself with something else while doing it. You only need to come back to computer (Or swap windows if you're doing something else on your comp) every so often, do a couple JAs, cast a spell, and then go back to whatever you're doing.

Less gil, sure, but solo Dynamis is probably one of the most boring things in the game to do. >_>
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-11 14:24:11  
Less gil, sure, but solo Dynamis is probably one of the most boring things in the game to do. >_>
true, can't argue with that
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2012-10-11 14:27:40  

It's beyond boring. I loathe going in, but still do. Need to get dat dere Mandau to 99.
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-10-11 14:30:28  
Sylph.Ice said: »

It's beyond boring. I loathe going in, but still do. Need to get dat dere Mandau to 99.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2012-10-11 14:46:10  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
You guys giving out PLD advice without having gone to Dynamis as PLD is quite silly. At least watch a PLD/THF at work before you suggest things like PLD/DNC.

This is how PLD works, you go to a WS camp. Flee and round up all the mobs in the camp. Go stand against a wall and AoE WS every time you hit 100 TP. Swap targets as you proc.

Smart thing to do is choose big camps. Qufim is a dumb place to do this. Buburimu works best. The rabbit camp is pretty big. Mandy camp is big too. You only do decent challenge camps and you never have any competition. You won't proc most of the mobs you fight, but you are putting TH on all of them.

Couple reasons why you round up large camps:
1) more TP for you
2) more chances of getting coins

I think the rabbit camp in Buburimu has roughly 20-25 mobs (also a really nice camp b/c if people come up to steal mobs from you, they'll get slaughtered by Whirl Claws spam). Of those, you'll probably proc about 4 or 5 by the time you kill them. You'll usually pull in about 20 coins. It can really vary. A good PLD can clear a camp in about the same time that a thf, dnc, blu, etc can kill about 5 proc'd mobs. So you can get coins faster. The only problem is that you have to swap back and forth between 2 WS camps because you don't want to sit around waiting for respawns. Walking back and forth can slow down your rate if you aren't speed hacking.

Is ochain required for this to work? Seems like it would be, but worth asking!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-11 15:35:41  
You'd probably need to stick with EP camps without an ochain.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-13 00:27:28  
Quote:
Bit hypocritical considering your PLD is level 1! =D
Gosh, you people and your "I-only-play-one-account" ideologies! =P

Quote:
Is ochain required for this to work?
Ask in the paladin forum. This is the THF forum! =)
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-13 00:31:40  
Quote:
I'm more amazed that someone would choose 600k for "Embrava mercing" instead of 2.5mil from regular farming.
Exaggeration. It's less than 2 mil unless coins on your server are just ridiculous.

But still, good point. 600k? I'd rather just do the whole thing for 2 hours than play the semi-afk game for 2 hours. But to each his own I guess.

*edit* Dang. Pheonix prices are actually pretty high. I stand corrected!
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-16 08:30:25  
i duo dyna qufim with my wife ( bst+thf very top end gear for both, average weapons) and we pull in 320-375 or so, (the other zones get too crowded too constantly to do them for the 400-450+ potential) but a few things make me curious from those soloing 250+, how long do you hold a mob with and without competition, how often are you using haste/drain sambas, and do you solo those numbers when there is competition?

i dont doubt ppls numbers but im curious exactly how consistant the numbers are
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14