フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Iga Hakama v Koga Hakama
Iga Hakama v Koga Hakama
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-14 21:22:23  
Kin37ix said: »
Iga helps utsu recast, koga does not. If youre capped or near capped haste with koga then use koga, otherwise use Iga.
Not many people use their tp set for utsu cast. I personally cap haste > as much fc as possible > Pdt >eva(Placebo 99% of the time but meh).
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-14 21:26:22  
2% haste is not equal to 2% Dw btw.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-14 21:26:29  
What.
By Solrain 2012-05-14 21:29:14  
I'm so confused.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-14 21:31:10  
Shiva.Galbir said: »
2% haste is not equal to 2% Dw btw.
I understand that. Talking about delay reduction only.
I know but when you say:
youre 2% DW ahaid of where you started, in which case you dont want to be any less than 2% haste below cap otherwise youre not gaining anything.
You're wrong I'm afraid you see depending on previous values of each stat 2%DW will lower your delay reduction lower than 2% haste or vice versa.

Sylow explained this very well:
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
a = dual wield amount
b= haste amount
x="added amount" of delay reduction

(1-(a+x))(1-b) = (1-a)(1-(b+x))

basic algebraic manipulations simplify this to

ax = bx

so it's true if and only if x=0 or a = b.

which is true if and only if x=0 or a=b (if you're not adding any delay reducion or if haste and dual wield were currently at the same %)

no excuses.

Not trying to be a *** btw. :(
[+]
By Solrain 2012-05-14 21:48:01  
Increasing returns. Think of it like you would think of haste.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-14 22:00:52  
Yup, but since we have DW in such an abundant amount it will normally pull ahead with the same added values; that is unless marched.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-14 22:29:23  
You can also look at

Quote:
a = dual wield amount
b= haste amount
x="added amount" of delay reduction
(1-(a+x))(1-b) = (1-a)(1-(b+x))

As an inequality:

When is adding to dual wield better?
(1-(a+x))(1-b) < (1-a)(1-(b+x))
bx < ax
b<a

So when you have less haste than DW, adding to DW is better from an attack speed standpoint (assuming no caps are reached)

when is adding to haste better?
(1-(a+x))(1-b) > (1-a)(1-(b+x))
bx > ax
b > a

So when you have more haste than DW, adding to haste is better from an attack speed standpoint (assuming no caps are reached).

That said,

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Yup, but since we have DW is such an abundant amount it will normally pull ahead with the same added values; that is unless marched.

三☆themoreyouknow
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-05-19 01:38:20  
I just got my Koga the other day, and for attack speed its them> over iga. Then for ni and ichi i macro in iga for the haste.

With the pants I almost feel as if i have haste on me, without it actually on.
By Vipratout 2012-05-28 14:21:30  
So having 3/5 AF3 +2 set bonus doesn't factor in at all? The dual wield is better in most situations?
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-28 14:25:51  
Set bonus is hardly worth mentioning, it only procs on the off hand hit I think too which limits it even more.
 Phoenix.Esvedium
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Esvedium
By Phoenix.Esvedium 2012-06-13 23:07:47  
Cerberus.Celll said: »
I just got my Koga the other day, and for attack speed its them> over iga. Then for ni and ichi i macro in iga for the haste.

With the pants I almost feel as if i have haste on me, without it actually on.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-06-27 17:41:10  
I have thaumas kecks and im starting to gear ninja. Is it worth getting the koga still ?
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2012-06-27 17:46:02  
Get a parser, smack some things with numbers, Change pants, smack more things with numbers, keep the pair with higher numbers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-06-27 17:49:47  
lol
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-06-27 17:49:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk said: »
I have thaumas kecks and im starting to gear ninja. Is it worth getting the koga still ?
Very much so. Wearing Koga pants allows you to utilize Thaumas body(Which should be accessible seeing as you have the kecks).
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-06-27 17:52:45  
Koga+2 for TP, switch to iga+2 for casting ichi and NI, Koga body+2 for tp Till you can get a thuams.

-2% dw for +15 acc and +20 attack is well worth it.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-06-27 17:54:19  
Koga+2 for TP, switch to iga+2 for casting ichi and NI, Koga body+2 for tp Till you can get a thuams.

wat
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-06-27 17:57:14  

Don't use Koga. AF+1 body until you get Thaumas. Koga is a waste of money, and inventory.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2012-06-27 17:59:30  
Seriously just go parse it out yourself OP because honestly most of the people who will respond to you have an opinion on this that they got from a friend of a friend who like killed 2 mobs and decided what was better. Very few people have actually tested it themselves extensively.

Edit: it also helps you learn the job better when you're out testing things and learning on your own instead of just posting on a forum and hoping to get the right answer.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-27 18:21:35  
Asura.Patriclis said: »
Seriously just go parse it out yourself OP because honestly most of the people who will respond to you have an opinion on this that they got from a friend of a friend who like killed 2 mobs and decided what was better. Very few people have actually tested it themselves extensively.

Edit: it also helps you learn the job better when you're out testing things and learning on your own instead of just posting on a forum and hoping to get the right answer.
You do realize that the advice you just gave perpetuates the same errors in judgement, right?
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-06-27 18:42:15  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »

Don't use Koga. AF+1 body until you get Thaumas. Koga is a waste of money, and inventory.

How is koga +2 body worse then af +1? I don't see how a minor decrease in dw (2%) would be noticeable over 15 acc and 20 attack. Then again I don't spend hours parsing ***out.

Edit: Also not a lot of people have time to do neo-nyzul for thaumas or people to do it with that are skilled enough to get to floor 100. If op doesn't have the time or whatever to get a thaumas I was just offering a suggestion for a different body piece, other then the one every ninja has been using since 2005.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-06-27 18:53:59  
Porthos Byrnie and relic +2 legs I'm sure has already been suggested somewhere over AF body and emp+2 legs. 7 dw and 2 ta vs. 5 dw (assuming you're at or over gear haste cap). And at this points it's spreadsheets over parses that tell you these things.
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-06-27 19:00:22  
Sylph.Decimus said: »
Porthos Byrnie and relic +2 legs I'm sure has already been suggested somewhere over AF body and emp+2 legs. 7 dw and 2 ta vs. 5 dw (assuming you're at or over gear haste cap). And at this points it's spreadsheets over parses that tell you these things.

It's at that point this game stops becoming fun and just a peen contest for neckbeards living in mommies basement.

Also: higher dmg = skill.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-06-27 19:13:34  
It's at that point this game stops becoming fun and just a peen contest for neckbeards living in mommies basement.

Also: higher dmg = skill.

You don't think its fun to do more damage?