users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » If you were to start a Dynamis LS
If you were to start a Dynamis LS
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-16 23:29:44  
Some people may remember I posted a while ago about starting a Dynamis LS, it would be up and running now, but for the fact the 2 people that convinced me to start it have been offline for a month ¬_¬; So I haven't really been thinking too much about it.

There's been some interest in my current LS though atm (chat LS onry!), so I'll probably spend the next couple of weeks fine-tuning things and shouting for people.

My question(s) is/are, how many people is a good number to have before I start shouting and when should I stop? 36 members? 64? Never stop!? =P
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 23:36:53  
Well that probably depends how well you know how to run each zone. If you and your sacks know your stuff, you could clear a zone with less than 20. Most likely you'll need at least 30 to start.
 Bahamut.Cyr
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-05-16 23:59:51  
Only need like 15 if you have a good blm on sleepga
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-17 00:08:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

depends do you like small gang for events or big number
both are possible

with less people you just need better geared mages that know what they are doing and a Super good DD squad and tank
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-17 00:52:11

lol row you and your awesome advice :P
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-05-17 01:25:46  
Thunderz said:
both are possible

with less people you just need better geared mages that know what they are doing and a Super good DD squad and tank

Started mine with <10 people in some low man Xarcs. To do cities properly just need a good puller, and at least two good BLMs who can handle a few stats. Don't need "super good" DDs or tanks, most dyna mobs in cities are pretty squishy. For starting it may be better to go mage heavy, if you're lowmanning.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-05-17 01:42:00  
Darkanaseur said:
Thunderz said:
both are possible

Started mine with <10 people in some low man Xarcs. To do cities properly just need a good puller, and at least two good BLMs who can handle a few stats. Don't need "super good" DDs or tanks, most dyna mobs in cities are pretty squishy. For starting it may be better to go mage heavy, if you're lowmanning.

Mage heavy is the way to go if you're going that lowman. Would be good to have at least 3-4 well-built SAMs as your only DD.
 Garuda.Alaya
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Alaya 2009-05-17 02:26:27  
my dynamis shell does pretty well and we do a lot of dreamlands. we usuallay have 2 alliances, 1 tank party with is atleast 2-4 plds, a rdm to refresh and phalanx, and a whm. Then we have a blm party because we nuke the huge stuff like statues, eyes, extra. We have our 1-2 thfs to sac pull. depending on if the mega boss needs it, we have 2 rdm/drks 2hour stun. Hardly do they ever let me sub whm on rdm. rdm/blms are usually helpin with sleep since the blms all AM II a huge mob. Well have 1 main caller which is usually nin or war/nin, and all the DD's assist to, killing all the extras that the blms dont nuke. Plds go around kite the statues, they always come first since they release hp/mp, and cant really be slept, then they voke, flash on the slept mobs to save the blms while melee takes care of em. and make sure your caller vokes, or else you DD's will die x)
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-05-17 02:29:41  
For random ppl you dont know which you shout about 18-22 peaople is a good number to do city dynamis from my expirience. Depend on how you will handle it i like to have ~4 BLM (BLM on sleepga duty not rdm in my shell) for the DD pt's WHM and BRD.
So if you shouting for each run again this is a good number to start the run without problems (and sure you can lowman like said above but i dont think that was what you were looking for), if you shout for ppl to join your LS in general you should watch how many ppl actually come to each run. If they just show up once and stuff just keeping shouting for new member as long as you feel like you need them^^
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-17 03:25:08  
When we are low manning zones we use:

1-2 RDM (sleep duty)
3-5 BLM (statue duty, less if we are doing xarc)
2 BRD (1 with BLM, 1 with DD)
3-5 Good DD (Two handers who can take a little beating)
2 WHM

1 good RDM can sleep any of the cities with minimal support from BLM and BRDs

We have done Beac and Xarc with 12 before.

But standard set up is 4 parties,
1 Tank party:
* 3 PLD
* 1 RDM
* 1 WHM
* 1 THF (puller and TH ***)

3 DD parties:
* 3 DD
* 1 WHM
* 1 RDM
* 1 BRD or COR (if we are short on bards we would have another DD)

1 BLM party:
* 5 BLM
* 1 BRD

This set up can comfortably win all the RoTZ zones (excluding xarc), and have a good go an most of the CoP zones. To field 20+ on every run our roster is about 35.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-05-17 04:44:44  
Argettio said:

Lol, beauc is probably the easiest zone of all the dynamises. Pretty sure I could duo a good way through it with a decent blm ;x
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-17 05:44:09  
Cyr said:
Argettio said:

Lol, beauc is probably the easiest zone of all the dynamises. Pretty sure I could duo a good way through it with a decent blm ;x

You seem to be mistaking me providing information related with the OP with me boasting or claiming to have done something unprecedented.
[+]
 Kujata.Grizzlie
user: grizzlie
By Kujata.Grizzlie 2009-05-17 06:59:02  
i started one a while back now and i had ALOT of ppl on the list maybe 50+ but only like 25ish showed up my advice is get as much ppl as u can. u will need a BLM main assist and a melee main assist.
good melee do killing mobs fast and good blms who can kill statues fast in big links. if loads show up u can always split it into to dyna zones per if u can. like if u have 50 ppl do x2 zones but best amount for each if ur a new ls is 25ish. GL making a LS ^^
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-17 09:11:24  
Some really awesome advice here, nice to see after a day at work XD

A lot of it seems to be "get a good sleeper and decent DD's".

I'll be main sleeping as BLM, I don't have "omg pimp" gear, but I haven't seen a resist since I started sleeping in my Chat LS's PUG's, only time I've seen a resist is on PLD mobs, then they don't normally resist twice in a row.

I have a few friends interested, aside from the ones that initially thought I should try. One of them is the puller for my Chat LS's runs, so he knows the city runs pretty well.

The only dynamis zones I've not done are dreamworld, so I have a fairly decent idea of the main zones I'll be covering (at least to start with), and the rest is just reading up and dying a few bajillion times.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-17 10:21:18  
Could some one explain to me why some shells use BLM as crowd control.

As a RDM main I have always taken the role of sleeper (+slow, para, silence, gravity when required). If each party has a WHM then the RDM isn't needed for haste; in fact the only job they need to do it refresh the WHM (and PLD, BLU or DRK as required).

Pros of RDM sleeper:
* Most accurate dark based sleeps in the game
* Able to manage their own MP (refresh and convert)
* Faster sleeps with shorter recast timers
* Still able to perform their other duties (refreshing their party)
* Wide range of accurate enfeebles for the mobs once slept (grav for THFs, silence of mages etc)
* Nothing better to do with their time

Cons of RDM sleepr:
* BLM have higher base MP
* BLM have 1 more sleep spell than RDM/BLM (which is the only sub that should be allowed in dynamis for RDM imo)

As you can see I have no decent Cons for RDM, as I can't see them.

I really can't see the case for BLM sleepers as you main source of crowd control. I have no problem with a BLM throwing out a few sleeps in a linked pull (I encorage it), but I really can't see what a BLM can do that a RDM can do better, faster, and more accuratly.

BLMs deal with statues and Orc NMs and if that's not enough to keep them busy then pull faster (and get more DD to chew through the normal mobs faster).

If some one has a good case for BLM sleepers I would genuinely like to hear it.

I also have BLM leveled, and I have no problem with them, but don't think sleeping is thier main strength

*sry for dragging this off topic*
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-17 10:27:56  
Sleepga II = longer sleeps.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-17 12:35:03  
Ok ture I didn't mention that, tier II sleeps last 90 seconds, and tier 1 is 60 seconds.

But targets that need to be slept for longer, I just 'top up' with sleep II before they wake.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-17 12:43:37  
I think it depends on your set up. If your ls is mage heavy then RDMs doing sleeps is np. If your ls is mainly melee kills then a lot of RDMs are going to end up being main heals if there aren't enough WHM or SCH. It's not always that ppl think BLM is a better sleeper, sometimes it's just b/c RDM can have other jobs too since it is such a diverse job.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-17 12:48:15

ADon't forget SCH... can sleep like a RDM and nuke like a BLM. (And cure like a RDM)
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-17 13:01:59  
Luignata said:
ADon't forget SCH... can sleep like a RDM and nuke like a BLM. (And cure like a RDM)

Sch can not nuke like a blm. Blm nukes far surpass those of a sch -.-
 Diabolos.Cassi
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-17 13:10:11

We do it as:
(xarc, dreamland)

Tank:
WHMx1
RDMx1
PLDx2
NIN/some other DD or just left as four.

Pt 1/2:
DD x4
RDM/WHM
BRD

BLMs:

BLMx4
BRDx1
THFx1

Left overs:
lalalalala
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-17 14:12:40  
Dubont said:
Luignata said:

Sch can not nuke like a blm. Blm nukes far surpass those of a sch -.-

Or sleep like a RDM.

SCH is great and very flexable, I like SCH in the tank party for AOE stoneskin and phalanx. They also fit well in the BLM party.

But they simply lack the skill to match BLM or RDM for pure accuracy of spells. Doesn't mean they can't sleep or nuke, but its not true to say they can do it as well.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-17 14:21:08  
Oh noes, here comes the SCH vs. BLM vs. RDM arguments...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-17 15:02:36

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

SCH pwns them all of course >.>
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-17 15:06:56  
Thunderz said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

SCH pwns them all of course >.>

NOOOOOOOOOO /banhammer
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-05-17 15:08:01  
Wumyamya owning a BLM group.

User submitted image
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-17 16:23:42  
Raikan said:

User submitted image

a well equiped sch can nuke on par with an underaverage equiped blm and some cases an average blm due to their ability to use helix spells, but on very rare occation will u see a see a sch outnuke a blm who is well equipt and knows what they are doing.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-05-18 04:25:56  
Dubont said:
Raikan said:

User submitted image

a well equiped sch can nuke on par with an underaverage equiped blm and some cases an average blm due to their ability to use helix spells, but on very rare occation will u see a see a sch outnuke a blm who is well equipt and knows what they are doing.

Wut? With capped BLM merits, Novio and Morrigan's SCH still come pretty damn close in spike dmg. Whatever that ability is that lets them do more dmg. At least on Ebony Pudding levels, dunno how they do on HNM. They finally fixed WHM so it's better at healing than SCH, hoping they fix BLM too soon.

As for Dyna, if you are going to go with low-man, don't take many tanks. 1-2PLDs is plenty. BRD is pretty situational too, if it's Sandy you may want to consider it for hecteye pets. So long as you don't have a crappy puller linking everything BLMs should be able to gun down the stats pretty quicly and then assist with sleeps. So 1-2 RDMs and 1-2 BLMs is good. City mobs are squishy, so having a nice handful of DDs to kill stuff quickly works well, but like I said, if it's lowman for your first try, mage heavy is pretty safe.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-18 06:41:36  
Simple Maths, BLM gets 6 more MAB in triats, 10 more in group 1 merits, 1-3 more base INT (race dependant) and at the moment more gear options.

SCH will do more Damage per MP spent due to the arts and other JAs, but going nuke vs nuke a blm will always win in damage. Assuming equal number of merits and comparable gear.

A good SCH can beat and average BLM, ture, so the difference isn't much, but its there.

Helix and the improved mp efficency make SCH desirable for a lot of situations, but they cant do more spike damage than a blm.