Gerwitz's Scythe - DRK AF Helm...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Gerwitz's Scythe - DRK AF Helm...
Gerwitz's Scythe - DRK AF Helm...
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-16 21:53:24  
ANY EFFING CLUE HOW TO BEAT IT?!

WIKI says soloable by PLD/NIN with meds and yag drinks...

i got him to 31% before i died... had 5% haste (walarah turban) and a lbl 53 WHM (dual boxed) helping me. making 20% haste and extra cures...

do i need to take out the skelles first? or is the *** just one tough ***?

maybe i need a damn joyeuse.... *** charlbdis.....

let me know what i need to do, or what you all suggest.. keep in mind... 1 pally versus 2 lvl 58 skelle NM's and a lvl 60 weapon NM.....

--------

for you *** that discriminate against taru, im a taru and eff you in advance.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 21:56:56  
I did it MNK/NIN with NPC Healer.. I took out the mage skele > melee skele > weapon boss.

Edit: I'd really suggest taking out the adds tbh. They may not do an incredible amount of dmg but they do wipe shadows. The MB is pretty easy once you get the adds out of the way.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-16 21:57:29  
Yakutatazu said:
I did it MNK/NIN with NPC Healer.. I took out the mage skele > melee skele > weapon boss.

all i have is PLD@75

and my NPC sucks balls @ lvl 33 LOLOL

although i though to take out skele's but then i though about my MP....
and tried to go straight on the boss... got him to 31% im sure with another DD i would be fine ^^
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 21:59:26  
Did you store tp off the gigas where he spawns?
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-16 22:00:28  
Yakutatazu said:
Did you store tp off the gigas where he spawns?

wont help... he has massive TP drain... i tried my FIRST TIME (w/o thinking) as PLD/DNC.... 300% stored.. drained 156 on the first hit >_>

needless to say... i died in 30 seconds on that run.... >_>
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 22:06:17  
Meant for /NIN.. you store tp for a ws on the skele mage to get it down asap.. If anything I'd take out the skele mage then the weapon if you don't want to mess with the melee skele.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-16 22:07:21  
Yeah, PLD/DNC doesn't work for beans there. My advice would be pile on as much DEF as you can, and try PLD/RDM for Phalanx. Defender shouldn't be used if /WAR because even though it's an endurance game, if you're not taking damage, you will lose.

Like I said, stack on anything that will enhance your life span without nerfing your offense too bad. My advice is go for things like Sheild Torque instead of Chiv Chain. Also, anything with Enmity, like a Trance Belt if you have one, is garbage for solo. Hercules' is the same thing, unless you're confident you can live constantly in that fight under 50% HP, in which case Herc Ring is *** shweet.

DO NOT go for the Skele's first. For two reasons. A) Sword is useless against bones. Killing one will make the fight easier, yes. But...risk it? and B) Have reraise. If the skeles kill you, but you manage to kill the Weapon, you win the fight. Wait for the bones to depop and click the ??? for your CS and item. :) GL!
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 22:09:12  
Yeah as MNK main skele are my friends...

Edit: PLD/RDM is hawt... would be my #1 suggestion tbh.. And if you're having your WHM mule help again my suggestion would be to have it WHM/NIN and have it take out the skeles while you take out the weapon.

Edit2: Yeah nvm on the WHM/NIN thing.. didn't notice it was 53 lol..
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-16 22:12:22  
Eternaltriumph said:
Yeah, PLD/DNC doesn't work for beans there. My advice would be pile on as much DEF as you can, and try PLD/RDM for Phalanx. Defender shouldn't be used if /WAR because even though it's an endurance game, if you're not taking damage, you will lose.

Like I said, stack on anything that will enhance your life span without nerfing your offense too bad. My advice is go for things like Sheild Torque instead of Chiv Chain. Also, anything with Enmity, like a Trance Belt if you have one, is garbage for solo. Hercules' is the same thing, unless you're confident you can live constantly in that fight under 50% HP, in which case Herc Ring is *** shweet.

DO NOT go for the Skele's first. For two reasons. A) Sword is useless against bones. Killing one will make the fight easier, yes. But...risk it? and B) Have reraise. If the skeles kill you, but you manage to kill the Weapon, you win the fight. Wait for the bones to depop and click the ??? for your CS and item. :) GL!

bas things as PLD/RDM... Stoneskin is a 10 sec cast w/o haste's

as for RR, i had that but like i said i made it to 31% before i died... i used carbonara for food.. prolly shoulda us a taco LOL.

but still.. i need another healer or dd next time i go. i ALMOST had him as 75 PLD/NIN with 53 WHM (dual boxed)

oh... and nekkid WHM LOLOL
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 22:15:36  
Um, haste does nothing for casting speed, it's only recast. You're thinking fast cast for speed.

PLD/RDM > PLD/NIN for that fight if solo or with a low WHM really. Reason is that they take down shadows so fast, escp with aoe stuff that it really doesn't helps near as much to use Utsu over Phalanx.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-16 22:16:13  
Phalanx was the important part, not stoneskin. o.o If your enhancing magic is high enough, it reduces like 10 damage per hit. xD Added with 550+~ DEF you should be able to get with a taco...that makes for some easy pickins. Taru MP is serious, so you have way more than enough for self-sufficant cures. Especially with a 3MP refresh you're getting with auto and Yag drinks. Also, it it makes you feel better, you can Bio /RDM also for even lower damage from it, and a DoT on it.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 22:17:53  
Also Idk when you tried the solo fight, but now with the Moogle Tablet Signet bonus, you get an additional Refresh/Regen per tick under 50%.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-16 22:22:29  
hmm maybe i will try PLD/RDM tomorrow after i get a pop item but if i fail again im hiring some *** LOL maybe hire 2 75 MNK's to take my skeles LOL
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-16 22:27:07  
Just get 1 MNK/NIN friend to come, have him/her take out the mage and then the melee. If you're popping the MNK should have no issue at all being able to take them out. They were pretty easy, hardest part for me soloing was the shadow rape. I didn't Hundred Fists either so if you have your friend 2hr they should go down like butter. Ask Lud:

User submitted image
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-16 22:32:26  
I failed the first time, I was MNK/DNC. I went straight for the main guy, thinking Dodge and Counterstance could fend off the bones.
 Fairy.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-05-16 22:39:48  
I solo'ed this a while ago on NIN/DNC :x Came pretty close to dying every now and then, but won in the end. Can't really give you any valuable tips for PLD since I haven't done it on PLD tho D: Gl next time!
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-16 22:41:29  
BWAHAHAHAHA

i 2hrd >_>

but yeah maybe i'll just get a MNK to come ^^ would help a lot.

but im off to bed, i'll check back in the morning, thx for the input so far =D

i appreciate it all
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-16 22:41:47  
I duo'd this fine with a DRK friend as PLD/RDM. I could have probably solo'd it with the right meds and all, it's just a tough fight. :( GL!!
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-17 09:11:36  
Anye said:
I duo'd this fine with a DRK friend as PLD/RDM. I could have probably solo'd it with the right meds and all, it's just a tough fight. :( GL!!

Sweet. so PLD/RDM it is ^^

with a lil help =P