users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Mercy stroke or EVis
Mercy stroke or EVis
 Odin.Airius
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Airius
By Odin.Airius 2012-05-06 22:59:44  
first of all you're assuming no downtime between mobs which there is between pulls, bsts stealing your mobs, and moving between mobs during time changes. 2nd you're assuming i was going solo which i wasnt. In fact I was pulling and useing mercy stroke in the downtime. Third you're just calculating time for dynamis when thats my general thf gear. Paper Math is just paper.
 Siren.Mcclane
サーバ: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-06 23:01:13  
Odin.Airius said: »
first of all you're assuming no downtime between mobs which there is between pulls, bsts stealing your mobs, and moving between mobs during time changes. 2nd you're assuming i was going solo which i wasnt. In fact I was pulling and useing mercy stroke in the downtime. Third you're just calculating time for dynamis when thats my general thf gear. Paper Math is just paper.

I have thf. When I switch to str dagger, i noticed an increase as well. Now you have eyeball math too!
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-05-06 23:11:20  
I was called here by the sounds of a weeping Mandau.

I had to read to know why.

I now know why.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-06 23:43:48  
Odin.Airius said: »
And the change from TH6 to TH7 is still so small that it will never beat having a decent offhand. IMO the only time that TH knife should be used is when you can swap it out immediately for minimal TP loss and not have to put it back on.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 23:45:13  
Lemme settle this for ya. If you're fighting a single notorious monster, yes put on your full Th for FIRST initial swing. Any other time spent in the gear is just dumb. Dyna farming, please for the love of god don't use the thfs knife ever. It just slows you down horribly and overall results in less drops. And for all you career thfs out there, how come I never see any of ya with a crossbow and acid bolts or something? Ultimately in solo dyna, you perform alot better when you start fight with a 80 drain off bloody bolts or a acid bolt hit than 3% dual wield. ANd the acid bolts help make a good difference on ws damage :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-06 23:50:48  
Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Lemme settle this for ya. If you're fighting a single notorious monster, yes put on your full Th for FIRST initial swing. Any other time spent in the gear is just dumb. Dyna farming, please for the love of god don't use the thfs knife ever. It just slows you down horribly and overall results in less drops. And for all you career thfs out there, how come I never see any of ya with a crossbow and acid bolts or something? Ultimately in solo dyna, you perform alot better when you start fight with a 80 drain off bloody bolts or a acid bolt hit than 3% dual wield. ANd the acid bolts help make a good difference on ws damage :D
Any math that -12.5% defense is better than 3% DW? Hard for me to believe, I'm curious though.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 23:54:44  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Any math that -12.5% defense is better than 3% DW? Hard for me to believe.
Lol well It makes it a bit easier to cap attack, can blind the mob at the start everytime too, resulting in less damage, less cures, more damage. Can bloody bolt whenever you do a pull to. Don't knock it til you try it lol.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-06 23:57:10  
Sounds like you're wasting a lot of time on bolts. First bloody, then blind, then acid? Can proc+kill in that time.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-07 00:00:42  
I have my spellcast set up where I switch in my TH gear everytime I do a Step.

And never care about it everrrrrr againnnnnnnn.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-07 00:01:39  
Siren.Mcclane said: »
Sounds like you're wasting a lot of time on bolts. First bloody, then blind, then acid? Can proc+kill in that time.
Yeah I get that. I guess it would be preference between acid or blind, and just use bloody whenever you have hp missing on a pull. Oh and you're starting fight with like 125 damage too so its not like its just wasting time lol. I guess I'm saying its more for if you're in a trio. I have found great results in trio with 2 other /dnc DD and me or my thf friend TH, and quick pull. Plus can SLEEP adds lol. I'm not saying it clearly beats 3% dual wield, but I feel strongly that it's better than a boomerang lol. ANd no I'm not using 3 bolts per fight haha.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-07 00:04:42  
Man, I could never get used to playing without one of my mage mules again.

I haven't sleep bolt anything since...ToAU was released.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-07 00:05:17  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Man, I could never get used to playing without one of my mage mules again.
Lol I have a mule, but I only use for abyssea.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-07 00:19:19  
Edit: Removed pointless debate.
 Siren.Kiyara
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2012-05-15 20:56:17  
For me, Mercy Stroke works best overall. Aside the occasional 5%-10% on wiffs (which happens, not much you can do about it), I think I do pretty damn good damage. Here is my gear set :

99 THF/WAR

Hecatomb Cap is augmented with +7 attack and +1 Double Attack.
Hecatomb Leggings is augmented with +2 STR and +5 attack.
Thokcha is augmented with STR +11 and Attack +22.

Food : Red Curry Buns
STR : 101 + 87 + 7 (food) = 195
DEX : 94 + 45 = 139
AGI : 91 + 1 (food) = 92
ATK : 664 + 154 (food) = 818
Double Attack : 12% + 10% (gear + sub warrior job trait) = 22%

1. SATA Assassin's Charge Stacked Mercy Stroke with Brew
2. Critical hit with triple dmg proc + triple attack triple dmg proc stacked
3. SA Mercy Stroke
4. SATA Assassin's Charge Stacked Mercy Stroke fully buffed with food and temp items (was over 1200 attack)
5. SATA Assassin's Charge Mercy Stroke fully stacked and buffed (no brew)

I hope to get 99 Mandau when SE fixes things with obtaining the items.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-15 21:19:17  
Was that a 1-hit Mercy on that hornet? I literally can't remember the last time the offhand hit landed against that thing.
 Siren.Kiyara
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2012-05-15 21:24:28  
Not really sure. I didn't check my tp return afterwards. Probably a 2 hit to be safe. 5k isn't my average dmg outside abyssea. Usually average 3k to maximum 6-7k outside if fully stacked. Depends on mob as usual too.