users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » New people here on FFXIAH
New people here on FFXIAH
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-05 03:46:01  
Instead of finger pointing, complaining about other people, and dwelling on things that happened in the past, why don't we continue on the topic of how to improve the site for everyone in the future?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-05-05 03:49:33  
Asura.Malekith said: »
Proth you do twist things out of context.

The comment about payment was one that questioned why people post. There's no financial incentive, that leaves two things on the table: 1) ego gratification from being recognized as good source or 2) ego gratification from being a jerk and making with the mad. Sometimes both reasons go hand in hand depending on how people approach writing their replies.

As for that other thread, you brought it up. I didn't. I'm fine keeping what's in another thread apart from what's in here but apparently you don't so let's look at that. I posted a set in a dead thread to get some feedback, you and others slammed picking on me for my choices. One would have thought I was advocating 5/5 pink gear.

Better way to handle it, that's my main point. IF you can't be civil let someone else handle it who can. If no one answers the question then I get the message that I might need to try asking another way/time/ or in another place. I don't need you to get in my face making assumptions and then justifying it because you get that angry at seeing certain things posted or asked a certain way. All I can ask at that point is why so mad?

Seriously what are you even talking about? People don't need a financial incentive or an ego boost TO BE KIND AND HELP. The whole point of helping somebody is to do a nice thing, a concept that seems to be lost on you.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-05 03:53:08  
So helping people and being beneficial either requires payment or you're a dirty attention grabbing egomaniac. Got it.

Guess I should go get a job at Geek Squad so I can be more credible, I heard you even need to know how to put a CD inside of a computer to work with them now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-05 04:07:15  
Asura.Malekith said: »
The comment about payment was one that questioned why people post. There's no financial incentive, that leaves two things on the table: 1) ego gratification from being recognized as good source or 2) ego gratification from being a jerk and making with the mad.
3) Just helping to spread good informations.
Bypassing the idea completely aren't you?
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-05-05 04:24:19  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So helping people and being beneficial either requires payment or you're a dirty attention grabbing egomaniac. Got it.

You can liken answering questions here to working in a call center. If you carried on in a customer service job the way you do in here you'd be fired in short order. You may provide the info you feel is being sought but the delivery could use work. If you were being paid to answer questions I'd only surmise you'd restrain being as blunt as you are until you were paid. Since you're not being paid, what's the worry? You can just be you.

The dirty attention grabbing egomaniac bit is another case of if the shoe fits...

For those that want to help people, be like Kalilla. She's the role model to emulate as she's done tons to help people and without the attitude. I just don't see why others can't comport themselves in a similar way.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-05-05 04:32:06  
Wow, where's Korpg when you need him. o_o

Guys, clearly this argument isn't going anywhere. Let's just stop it here, please?
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-05 04:32:28  
You reap what you sow. If you give an attitude people will lose patience and won't be friendly. If someone tells you your gear is wrong don't take it personal, and if you don't like being told you're wrong, then don't post.
You seem to only speak by personal experience and in that case the problem is you. I see plenty of responses from the same people you're mad at that are simply helpful and straight to the point.
If when someone corrects you you want little hearts and smilies, sorry, that ain't going to happen, some people just speak in a way that may seem cold or aggressive to you, but that's just how people are. Get over it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-05-05 04:34:46  
Aaaaaannnnd that's a wrap. I don't see the use of this thread being open any longer. Any questions or suggestions, PM us. Thanks.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9