フォーラム » FFXI » General » Token problem
Token problem
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-15 23:45:54
| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Well I got my Security token today. Installed everything linked SE account with my POL account and activated my token.....but the thing was I don't want to use the security token. So I log in to see if I have access to the satchel bam it works and everything and im happy....so I go back on my SE account and remove my security token (since I dont want to use it) and now I find myself unable to log in my account because it keeps asking for my security token AND when I try to use the token 1 time pass~word it doesn't work since its invalid the moment I removed it =/

any help? tips? anything? or im boned and need to call their customer service line
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-15 23:47:51  
Yeah...from what I hear you're ***. Unsyncing your token locks you out of your account. My suggestion is go to www.playonline.com and click USA, then on the left "Service and Support", then click live chat. Be prepared to wait a while for an answer...but you're locked out for now. Best part is SE didn't say anything about that on any FAQ.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-15 23:48:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Epic win >.> imma beat up hase then
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-15 23:50:43  
Never trust CORs. They swindle.
 Garuda.Amara
サーバ: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-15 23:52:50  
I've heard of people unlinking the token though, you just have to set your playonline login stuff back to don't use 1-time password in the settings area of the POL login screen.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-15 23:54:12

Business hours are 9:00am - 6:00pm PST Monday through Friday.

omg /raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

I removed the SE info and said to not use it

but it keeps asking me for the 1 time pass word
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-15 23:57:34  
Did you happen to unlink your SE account or just the token? You can't unlink the SE account, and you will always have to input that password when you log in. But you can unlink the 1-time password from the token on your SE account and then change the settings not to ask for it on the POL viewer before you log in.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-15 23:58:44  
Thunderz said:

ROFL! The chat room actually closes? XD Didn't know that, sorry.
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-15 23:59:49  
Eternaltriumph said:
Thunderz said:

ROFL! The chat room actually closes? XD Didn't know that, sorry.

Would be better if they didn't... SE should have realized how many people play this at all hours of the day, or people in different time zones. And made the online chat 24/7...

**Edit
This is SE we're talking about, I'm sorry I forgot... They wouldn't do something that smart lol.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-16 00:02:29  
idk, something about Augments, doing maint on national US holidays and making drops 0.3%...
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-16 00:04:02  
Not just US holidays... sometimes they do maintenance on Canadian only holidays too!! >.> Pisses me off so much, have a day off, want to sit on my *** drink and play FFXI and relax... and there's damn maintenance almost every time.

Btw when is Memorial day? Is it this weekend or next?
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-16 00:04:13

Amara said:
Did you happen to unlink your SE account or just the token? You can't unlink the SE account, and you will always have to input that password when you log in. But you can unlink the 1-time password from the token on your SE account and then change the settings not to ask for it on the POL viewer before you log in.

Tyvm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed that /facepalm

well the problem was I was removed all the SE account info and trying to log in with only my POL ID/PW but that wasn't working

so I went back and put in my POL info and my SE info and I got in ^^ <33333333333333333

my week-end isn't ruined :O thank you amara and enternal

(Go canada :P)
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-16 00:06:13  
Thunderz said:
Amara said:

Tyvm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed that /facepalm

well the problem was I was removed all the SE account info and trying to log in with only my POL ID/PW but that wasn't working

so I went back and put in my POL info and my SE info and I got in ^^ <33333333333333333

my week-end isn't ruined :O thank you amara and enternal

(Go canada :P)

Glad I could be of help... at least I can say I accomplished something semi-useful... At work... don't want to work, 12 hours till I see my fiance after 5 months :D I can't concentrate enough to actually do something productive here.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-16 00:08:57  
Memorial is next week. Long weekend ftw
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-16 00:09:27  
By next week, I mean next monday. >.>; not in 2 days
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-16 00:11:15  
Our long weekend is this weekend... but I'll be south of the border anyways :D <3 that my birthday lands on a long weekend every year!!
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-16 00:12:04  
Happy early then. xP
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-16 00:14:08

Amara said:
Our long weekend is this weekend... but I'll be south of the border anyways :D <3 that my birthday lands on a long weekend every year!!

yeah long week-end ftw :O

also it was 100% useful not semi! I could have gone the whole week-end not noticing this xD!

very thankful lol T.T /hugs +1 thread
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-16 00:16:24  
Semi-useful only in that it was nothing to do with work, which I should be doing. And I'm kind of thinking time might go faster if I was doing work... but really... Post count > being a productive employee. Plus I helped out a fellow Canadian :D there's only so many of us on here, have to stick together!
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-16 00:31:06

Amara said:
Semi-useful only in that it was nothing to do with work, which I should be doing. And I'm kind of thinking time might go faster if I was doing work... but really... Post count > being a productive employee. Plus I helped out a fellow Canadian :D there's only so many of us on here, have to stick together!

lol :O! /high~five

yeah I know how it is working late at night ._. 2hrs or so left on the clock you want to go home but cant /work or /slack off xD I usually ended up playing some mini games online/movie

:O!
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-16 00:33:32  
Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't block almost everything on the net... no youtube, no minigames, took me 2 days to find a web messenger for msn. And I have access to this site... everything else is a no-go even most web comics are blocked @_@;;

Just waiting till I could go home, wouldn't be so bad, but I'm on vacation as of 7am est and flying to St. Louis for 1.5 weeks to visit my fiance... So I'm a tad more impatient waiting for the clock to move lol.