サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-04-24 01:24:01  
did limbus
did einhejar
doing assaults
Time to try salvage

any good info tip/tricks ? im mainly doing ot for the sake of completing it and experience the fun, but also im wanna make a yagrush for my whm mule and perhaps the mythic polearm for myself

how many people do we need at level 99 assuming ppl are geared in at least emp+2/relic+2 and a emp90 weapon.
and *** assuming ppl stil wear some pink. do not gear swap etc?
as im considering running its as a small ls event for shiggles too
 Asura.Weapon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Weapon 2012-04-24 01:34:25  
I've done it lowman with 3-4 people.

MNKs are good since they can fight without weapons
you'll want a RDM or /RDM preferably for heals.

gear doesnt need to be amazing, just as long as people pay attention.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-24 01:37:51  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
did limbus
did einhejar
doing assaults
Time to try salvage

any good info tip/tricks ? im mainly doing ot for the sake of completing it and experience the fun, but also im wanna make a yagrush for my whm mule and perhaps the mythic polearm for myself

how many people do we need at level 99 assuming ppl are geared in at least emp+2/relic+2 and a emp90 weapon.
I'm sorry, I lol'd terribly :x You do realize that even at 100 alex a run, it'll take you the better part of a year, continuously, everyday, 2 hours, plus assault points and 2 other people who get nothing out of it :x?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-04-24 01:45:38  
Can win any salvage zone with three:
Heavy DD (who can also tank a little)
Thf
Healer

This is assuming everyone is pretty well geared/ good at their job. I usually go drg Thf whm. (except Silver sea remnants, where I go bst Thf whm). Technically you could go w/o the Thf but if you're interested in Alex drops if recommend it. Also cell drop are heavily affected by TH in arrapago remnants.

If you want a little more insurance add about two more members. Maybe another DD and a dnc. But going with more than 5-6 people is going to make cell management more... Tiresome. I wouldn't mention that normally but if it's your first time going into salvage picking what cells go to whom can be a bit overwhelming.

tl;dr: DD Thf healer (3) minimum and doable.
DDx2 Thf healer support (5) efficient and safe middle ground.
5+ of any job combination, overkill.
 Phoenix.Takuun
user: Korimoto
By Phoenix.Takuun 2012-04-24 01:47:42  
Salvage isn't hard....at all. You can solo it if you have 3 characters to get you in, or a friend to dc you in. However, Hohenheim is right. People don't just "do" mythics. They take quite a bit of work to do, and lots of time. It's not a relic, or an empyrean. Mythics cost nearly 600M if you were to purchase every bit of the alex. As a side note, MNK isn't even needed anymore because chances are you're going to get a weapon cell in the first chest. I do salvage MNK+WHM all the time.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-04-24 01:49:58  
dd thf healer = overkill
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-04-24 01:53:09  
Asura.Weapon said: »
MNKs are good since they can fight without weapons

There are always 2 weapon cells in the initial box. So while mnks are still a great option, they are by no means necessary as they were when salvage first started. I guess it depends on how many people you go with.

Edit: now that I think about it, mnks are definitely useful if you're trying to pop the 1st floor frog in zhayolm. Pup and drg are good in that case too though.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-24 01:53:44  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
I'm sorry, I lol'd terribly :x You do realize that even at 100 alex a run, it'll take you the better part of a year, continuously, everyday, 2 hours, plus assault points and 2 other people who get nothing out of it :x?

First off Ho, I'm not sure I ever said grats on your xbow :). Serious effort man. Good work. Secondly, I laughed just as hard as you did. I'm sorry I'm gonna have to blame the abyssea mindset. People think they can just build stuff super quick now.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-24 01:55:00  
did limbus
did einhejar
doing assaults
Time to try salvage

BLU + another DD(THF if you want TH, any other DD for faster kill if you don't need TH) can easily duo entire zone.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-04-24 08:01:03  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

So its a long term project. I knew that already, but don't really see it being scary if it can be done 3-4 ppl.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-24 08:08:25  
Very long time unless the two others are your mules. Once those people cap on gear they will not be coming back to help you farm alex for yourself and a mule.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-04-24 08:16:02  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Very long time unless the two others are your mules. Once those people cap on gear they will not be coming back to help you farm alex for yourself and a mule.

Thank you for the feedback but your friends ain't my friends. i rally don't se it being a problem if its manageable by 3-4 people. just a question about dedication
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-24 08:19:10  
People are people, I know how people are. If they have to farm 2hours everyday for 6 months + just for you, I bet their grandma will frequently fall up the stairs and they have to suddenly go or they will suddenly get a change in work schedule or just outright leave lol. I wouldn't want to put any friend of mine through that regardless.
[+]
 Asura.Antaress
サーバ: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2012-04-24 08:26:38  
6 months? =/ try more like an year averaging 70-100 ><
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-24 08:27:32  
Yeah I meant 6 months because they would most likely cap gear within the first few months. So I gave it a generous # of months to cap on everything until they were doing it solely for Alex.
 Bahamut.Kyawind
サーバ: Bahamut
user: kyahaha
By Bahamut.Kyawind 2012-04-26 05:24:41  
if u really do think a 3~4man group can outlast a mythic why don u see so many mythics out there like u do with relics now days?? mythics do require alot more grind there mate~
By Quiznor 2012-04-26 05:43:24  
Its people like this that make me happy I quit and dobt live to see people like this with mythics.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-04-27 00:58:29  
Bahamut.Kyawind said: »
if u really do think a 3~4man group can outlast a mythic why don u see so many mythics out there like u do with relics now days?? mythics do require alot more grind there mate~
The only thing grind takes is dedication, and if its doable by 3-4 characters, I know people that im pretty sure will outlast it.

i can only repeat what i said earlier " my friends ain't your friends".
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-27 01:33:00  
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Zhayolm_Remnants_Guide
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Arrapago_Remnants_Guide
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Bhaflau_Remnants_Guide
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Silver_Sea_Remnants_Guide

Follow the guides. I'd recommend three people with NIN+THF melee for Zhayolm, but you can get a very complete run with 2 people if you can get a third guy to enter you and DC on the other zones. I use well-geared THF + crap geared RDM without issues.

If you don't understand something then the other pages are likely to have information on it.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-27 01:38:30  

Thank you for the feedback but your friends ain't my friends. i rally don't se it being a problem if its manageable by 3-4 people. just a question about dedication

You must be born from the abyssea age.... I can tell
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2012-04-27 02:34:16  
even if you have friends who are nice enough to do that just for you, why would you put them through that? the point people are trying to make is that you're expecting not only YOUR dedication to this project, but extreme dedication of OTHER people for two years (assuming all alex are farmed).

don't get me wrong, i love my friends but if they ever expected that of me, i wouldn't consider them friends anymore.
By Shiroineko 2012-04-27 02:57:19  
Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
even if you have friends who are nice enough to do that just for you, why would you put them through that? the point people are trying to make is that you're expecting not only YOUR dedication to this project, but extreme dedication of OTHER people for two years (assuming all alex are farmed).

don't get me wrong, i love my friends but if they ever expected that of me, i wouldn't consider them friends anymore.

This, pretty much. It's heartwarming to see you have such faith in your friends, but this is an excessive task to put anyone through. Sometimes just asking someone to zone you in is hassle enough >_>

That said, you can solo/duo pretty much all the zones (probably not ZR boss, at least 3 needed there ime). I go SAM/thf WHM/rdm all the time, fairly good Alex drop rate, and ironically SE seems to like /thf more for linen. *shakes fist dramatically at the sky!*

I'd probably say, in addition to Salvage every day, gear yourself up to doing Dynamis as well. More likely than not you'll end up selling the Currency to pay for your Alexandrite addiction. Remember, FFXIAH GW is your friend. ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-27 03:13:16  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
So im confused, so what your guys are saying is for this person to double/triple box then? Or are the mythics just not worth it? Its been a while since i played and im just lurkin ^_^. I do recall you can buy alexandrite from ppl for gill right?

Yeah you go ahead and buy 30k of them at what is it now... last time I was on... it was... 5k a piece. Also you are lucky if you get 100 pieces to drop a run. Plus lots of people are not selling them cause they are using them for themselves.
By Shiroineko 2012-04-27 03:15:35  
They certainly can, if they wished to. It's a joke at 99. The only real issue is knowing how to get around and the specific strats for everything, tedious as they are.

But the Mythics are most definitely worth it. Just don't forget the all the other requirements in addition to the stupid Cat's Eye... I mean, 30-freaking-thousand pretty stones.

Seriously can we all just win a Cat's Eye? I think forever in Einherjar and Nyzul is bad enough, let alone all the assaults and NMs you have to kill.
 Phoenix.Takuun
user: Korimoto
By Phoenix.Takuun 2012-04-27 03:30:15  
I triple box Salvage daily. It's really not hard at all. As for buying alex, you're lucky to find it for 15k each right now. Mythics are just ridiculously expensive right now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-27 03:45:40  
Bahamut.Kyawind said: »
The only thing grind takes is dedication, and if its doable by 3-4 characters, I know people that im pretty sure will outlast it.

i can only repeat what i said earlier " my friends ain't your friends".

I'll take that bet, unless you're friends are as dumb as doornails, which in this day and age wouldn't surprised me...
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2012-04-27 03:56:54  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
So im confused, so what your guys are saying is for this person to double/triple box then? Or are the mythics just not worth it? Its been a while since i played and im just lurkin ^_^. I do recall you can buy alexandrite from ppl for gill right?
i said assuming all alex are farmed; like takuun said, you're lucky to find alex for 15k right now. so buying 30k alex would cost ~450-500m?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
By Quiznor 2012-08-03 16:25:24  

Anyone else curious to see if this is still true and you're still running for alex after they're 75/75?
First Page 2