Another LF LS Thread...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Another LF LS Thread...
Another LF LS Thread...
By Clonemaster 2012-04-22 20:04:53  
I've tried this before with little luck, but I guess I'll try it again.

I'm a casual player looking for an active social LS, I've tried out a few but they were small and seemed to quickly fall apart.

Between my work and school I'm only able to play 2 maybe 3 nights per week primarily on the weekends, during overnight hours EST, and am not interested in a hardcore event based LS with scheduled runs and required attendance. All I want is a place with active people to chat and maybe team up with for impromptu things, so that I'm not just spending all my time alone dualboxing... that makes it feel more like a solo game than an MMO.

Drop me a reply/message here, or feel free to hit me up in game on Chibiclone.

--------------------------------------------------
-----------TLDR: You can stop here----------------
--------------------------------------------------

I first started playing in 2003 but quit before getting past the 50s, picked the game up again for a few months in 2007, and then finally started playing again in august 2010 out of boredom and lack of anything else to play. I just putz around slowly enjoying old content that I never saw in my earlier playings and slowly working on getting things done in aby (I stress slowly). Recently I started trying to get into VW, though I really don't have much interest in it, and have finished 2/3 nations.

My characters are:
Chibiclone - my main character, tank/damage while dualboxing - sometimes I really wish he wasn't Taru... low HP = not fun
99 DNC, 99 NIN, 99 THF and nothing major past that.
I've got interest in lvling my 37 MNK, and have considered working on my 40 BRD 40 DRG 70 DRK and/or 63 SAM so I have more usefulness outside of dualboxing/lowman.
I have just a handful of +1s and only 1 +2, I'm thinking about working on a Kannagi, but magian trials make me want to claw my eyes out.

Rahda - secondary toon used for procing/support - though oddly more useful than Chibi
99 BLM, 99 BLU, 99 WHM, 91 WAR, 91 RDM
Like chibi just a handful of +1s and no +2s, probably wouldn't dream of working on an empy for her till chibi had one, though it would probally be an Almace if any.

Major things I still need to do on both toons:
Missions:
Recently finished Windurst, Zilart, and ToAU. On the 2nd to last mission of CoP (REALLY need to finish that up, I feel so gimp without Rajas). Next I plan to work on WotG, but meh, I hate navigating in the past. Will probably work on Bastok and Sandy at some point for completion.
Dynamis:
Still only have wins in the 4 cities, really need to get wins in the others at some point.
Assault:
Have never touched a single one, including nazul, mainly cause I dualbox and they annoyingly still need a min of 3 people to enter... wouldn't mind finding a 3rd to get some things done here.
Aby:
Just finally finished my discernment after over a year of casual play in aby, time to start hitting +1 papers and more atmas.
VW:
Slowly working on getting things unlocked here, but like I said before, not a whole lot of interest... Sandy, Bastok, and Zilart are done.

I know all of this may sound like I'll just constantly be asking people to help me with things, but that's not how I am.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2012-04-27 16:59:15  
Gonna give a bump since people probably don't check the server forums very often.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2012-05-11 09:40:42  
Really? There's no social LSs out there anymore?
 Lakshmi.Artoriusrex
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lorddraco
By Lakshmi.Artoriusrex 2012-05-11 09:46:42  
Im not sure about Carbuncle but on lakshmi there is an LS called SecretofMana. A great large friendly ls with some really nice people in it who do events for fun with no pressure or BS and all work for each other, not sure if server transfer is your thing but if it is you could do far worse than contact these guys, i would suggest Barden (the ls leader) or Splinters are good contact points. Perhaps create a mule on Lakshmi and talk to them or try them out on your mule.
They are a good mix of NA/EU members so there is normally always someone on the LS and have been around for years so they arent going anywhere.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-05-11 10:21:03  
Lakshmi.Artoriusrex said: »
Im not sure about Carbuncle but on lakshmi there is an LS called SecretofMana. A great large friendly ls with some really nice people in it who do events for fun with no pressure or BS and all work for each other, not sure if server transfer is your thing but if it is you could do far worse than contact these guys, i would suggest Barden (the ls leader) or Splinters are good contact points. Perhaps create a mule on Lakshmi and talk to them or try them out on your mule.
They are a good mix of NA/EU members so there is normally always someone on the LS and have been around for years so they arent going anywhere.

Good advice here. Give it a try ^^
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-11 10:21:42  
Hmm by large if your thinking 20 plus then no there isn't unless

your JP

Your French

and even the french ones are not many. The shell I am in has like i dunno 8 - 10 people and commonly imo most shells are of this size or up to 18 at most and thats it. We are gmt shell though so not really what you require.

I do know of like 1-2 shells that were of a large size (NA shells) but I have not spoken to the leaders for a while....

I would probably shout in PJ.