Killing Called For Help NMs.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Killing Called for Help NMs.
Killing Called for Help NMs.
 Sylph.Khamila
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khamila
By Sylph.Khamila 2009-05-14 12:16:53  
Hey everyone. I just wanted to get some general feedback on a situation I encountered. Im omitting names from this as I do believe it was an accident to begin with, it just morphed into something a lil' worse.

Ive been camping Shikigami weapon now for about 2 weeks, first week of that was random times for hours here and there just trying to get ToD in between leveling my SMN. Ive met a bunch of SMNs along the way and duoed a lot.. so Ive ended up becoming friends/acquaintances with a lot of people that will most likely end up competition in Ro'Maeve, no biggie.

There was a server maintenance yesterday and that reset Shiki window so pretty much everyone has tod now.

Enough with the introduction, here's my question/concern.

Shikigami Weapon was claimed by one of my newer SMN friends and his party. They agroed a doll and called for help on the doll, although, because they had more hate on the NM the NM is what showed up as called for help. At this point because of the competition they had there, they decided to just kill to prevent anyone else from getting it. I explained why this is a "no-no" to the newer SMN, apparently he didn't like my response and I started getting angry tells from various other people in his party all talking **** to me.

1) If you are camping Shiki weapon and you obviously need/want the robe.. WHY on earth would you kill it call for helped? Even if someone else does get claim and drop that's just less competition you'll have the next time around.

2) If this happens again is it a GMable offense? Seems like a "grievance tactic" in a way.

I have screen shots of the chat logs of all the tells that took place but Id rather not post them because Im not trying to point fingers or anything, I just want feedback, Ive never really encountered this situation before but nothing is more discouraging than seeing people kill an NM both THEY AND YOU need while called for help.....
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-14 12:31:28  
Not GM'able.
 Garuda.Ishkur
サーバ: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-14 12:35:01  
You are being reasonable, they aren't. I don't think that's GMable :X If not half FF players would be banned :P
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-14 12:54:46  
You can't GM some one for 'calling for help' on a mob they fairly claimed, or continuing to kill it.

They would just claim "We needed help, so pressed 'CFH' and with help managed to kill it".

That said, it's a stupud thing to do... really stupid...

Most people get angry at others when they know they fcuked up. They just lost a pretty good chance at getting the robe and they know it.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 13:02:47  
Even if the call for help worked how they wanted it to they wouldn't have helped. I would watch them die then try and claim the NM for myself.
 Asura.Moonglow
サーバ: Asura
user: Moonglow
By Asura.Moonglow 2009-05-14 13:13:04  
Its not GM'able... same as if they had put thier pet on the doll and Shiki went unclaimed and some one stole it.. its a yellow unclaimed mob.. its fair game to everyone.
The other group should have zoned to prevent death or wiped, and hoped to get claim back.. but to call for help and just kill it any ways is senceless.
FYI to your friends... just have a RDM or BLM there to sleep mobs or even the NM.. very easily solo'ed by RDM or BLM by sleep nuking it.
[+]