フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rounding out gear
Rounding out gear
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-04-02 09:34:23  
Looking at fine tweaking my mage gear, as I have neglected it as of lately, would appreciate it if you guys would give me some input as to what improvements could be made. Thanks in advance guys.

Mnd enfeebles:

Enhancing:

Nuke:

Int Enfeebs:

Cure Potency:
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 10:13:25  
First off, you need to +2 all your Emp/Relic pieces. Secondly, I'm not sure how you have room for INT/MND earrings, but I'm going to assume some other sets are cut out of your inventory.

For cure pot, finish the staff to 99 Stage. Sirona's ring and the new healing skill ring beat mnd rings hands down by a far margin. If you can't buy a sirona's kill the NM. I use roundel over augmented ASA legs because they're augmented for PDT/movespeed for Whm. Augur's hands+emp+2 feet space permitting beat serpentes for curing.

Relic+2 feet are overall better than Sapienta. Strendu Ring from Voidwrought is better for nuking (My second ring is an augmented demon's ring). Portent pants for enhancing legs. Relic+2 body is better than Hyksos Robe. Relic hands for enhancing set as well (and +2 those as well). I'd use Cascade belt over Pythia Sash personally, although I need Olympus Sash currently to hit 500 enhancing skill since I don't have augmented Zenith Crown. Get an enhancing/Colossus Torque for Enhancing skill, I'd use Estq. Collar over Noetic for MND. Get siegel Sash from Ogopogo for Stoneskin, Stone Gorget as well if you don't already have. Earthcry Earring if you have space left over.

EDIT: and echoing Galbir's post on the Whm thread, get a pdt/mdt/idle set if you don't have already.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-04-02 10:21:44  
Neisan thanks for the input!
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-04-02 10:21:52  
Mnd enfeebles: lose the Warlock's Tights, not sure what they're doing there at all.

Enhancing: Warlock's Tights should be in this set. I see from your post in the whm section that you have a Cascade Belt, I'd use that here aswell. A little confused if this is supposed to be a straight out +enhancing magic skill set, or a mixture of that and mnd for stoneskin?

Nuke: please please please lose the Spiral Ring. And eh, not too sure about the Romanus Cape, personally I've never tried it, the addle on it made me go "noty" instantly.

Int enfeebles: get some better earrings?

Cure potency: Sirona's Ring will do more for rdm cures than 2 Aquasoul Rings. Also, get a Tempered Cape. And why are you casting cure in Duelist's Chapeau? I'd swap +healing magic skill for mnd where possible in the cure set, mixed in with more haste/fast cast. Roundel Earring and those relatively new legs with cure potency and -cure casting time are nice for rdm (don't remember what they're called atm).

Those are the things that immediately came to my mind. Most likely others out there that will make additional suggestions which are better than mine - but I hardly touch my rdm anymore and have sort of lost interest in gearing it.

PS: lose the Spiral Ring D:

Edit: goddamnit I type slow, there were no replies when I started typing mine. D:
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-04-02 10:23:23  
I have an idle set, pdt/mdt i dont have yet unfortunately
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-04-02 10:27:44  
warlock tights are in the mnd enfeeb set for the mnd on them, not sure exactly why they arent in my enhancing set lol. And yeah, for space, its kind of a mixture of mnd and enhancing. Casting cure in duelists chap to maintain some refresh during those spells, is there a better head piece im missing?
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-02 10:30:26  
Refresh should never be a concern in your cure casting set. At max you'll be in the set for 2seconds. After that swap back to your idle. Any Cure pot / Mnd piece will beat it

Paean Mitra nq or +1 are your best options.
Though since they're brand new Selenian Cap with Cure pot works.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 10:38:03  
Oh I misread body as Heka's same damn model >< Should still be at/near cap using Arka IV/NEfer/Oretania's(Tempered)/Roundel/Curepot Neckpiece(fylgja, Bismarck's)/Augur's.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Joyroth
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-04-02 10:39:37  
Zenith Mitts +1 can get up to MAB+4(10 Total) and INT+4 with HQ3
best for RDM ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 10:41:54  
For the Fast Cast pieces, I cannot recommend Nebula+1 at all. Vivid/Swith depends on space concerns. If you're using fully upgraded Magian staves you shouldn't need either to cap casting time reduction (I have issues on certain spells but I'm certain that's because of my spellcast being a mess).

RE: Nuking: If you can get a good group for neo nyzul Nares Head/body/hands is fairly good for nuking with legs good for idle/cure potency/Mnd.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-04-02 10:48:07  
I appreciate all the info from everyone. Didn't realize there was so much good gear that I was missing.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Joyroth
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-04-02 10:59:21  
Odin.Ryuotas said: »
Leviathan.Joyroth said: »
Zenith Mitts +1 can get up to MAB+4(10 Total) and INT+4 with HQ3
best for RDM ^^

Oh how you tease... the countless gods in Sky that have had to suffer to provide me with A.Tatters, only to be met with disappointment.

You'd probably have an easier time getting the Neo-Nyzul hands with M.A.B. on them. :s

Yea from what I hear I am very lucky! Seen a friend go time after time with tatters and given up!

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 11:15:11  
Wizzan > Elder for Nuking (I'll work on Oneiros Grip later so I'm still using Shikar/Genbu's), Oneiros Sash > Witch unless you're hurting for macc, but at that point you're probably better off with something else or it's something not really feasible to nuke imo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 17:15:10  
Elder isn't better than Wizzan for either Blm or Rdm for nuking and is minimal (not even +1% hit rate) on anything else, not sure why you'd even carry it.

I'll have to check versus T6s but up to T4s while /sch I had 0 issue with resists on Rdm, while nuking in Oneiros.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 17:51:17  
I just don't use Wiglen on Rdm due to lack of space that's it. I could get some space back if I got Nares legs, although I'd probably just as instantly waste it on improving DT sets.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 17:53:05  
Why would you carry Bugard and Elder period? +1 MND is not going to make or break you. You're wasting inventory.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-02 18:12:04  
I'm trying to keep PDT and MDT sets to as few pieces as possible while getting the most mitigation, but it's starting to look like I'd need Defending ring for that.
First Page 2 3